General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    None of it will matter. He hates who they hate. That's all that matters. He's crazy as a bed bug but as long as he fearmongers on the left, migrants, blacks, and gays/trans he will win. That's all a huge chunk of America cares about.
    IMG_9041.png

No. He won’t. He is using the same playbook and MSM is not helping (just like 2016) but we’re a much different country than 8 years ago. He’s not an unknown quantity, we all KNOW what he is and what he will do. Everyone except the cult knows all about him.
    WWL had a political science professor as a guest this morning. He says the race is still very tight and too close to call. Harris
    will easily win the popular vote,but sadly that's doesn't count. He went on to say it was possible for Trump to have a
    comfortable electoral win. Like OP below I'm going to be a nervous wreck for the next 3 weeks.

We shouldn’t worry about the cult. The cult isn’t large enough to elect him. It wasn’t in 2016 (he squeaked by because of a bad opponent) and it wasn’t in 2020. And the cult numbers are fewer than they were in 2020 (by a lot, IMO). First of all - almost a million have died. Second, more than a million younger people have become eligible to vote, and thirdly - women are completely fed up with him and are highly motivated voters. Have been since 2021

It’s not just the cult that make his electorate. It’s the cult, and all loyal republicans (not all cultists), the authoritarian tech bros and faux-libertarians, the pro-choice devotees (even the sane ones who don’t like him), and all of the independents who for whatever reason they have decided think voting for him is better than voting for her. And it only matters in like 7 states.

Anyone listening to Harris' interview? CNN is simulcasting it.
    I missed the beginning and joined in when the one guy was asking about reparations! I can't stand that question to black politicians because the reality is that ship has sailed long ago and there isn't an answer to that question that will satisfy anyone asking it. Otherwise, I did like what she had to say during that session.

I will say she could have have been more reassuring to the one caller that express concerns about trump's threat to use the military against his domestic enemies. Harris should have told the caller that her trust in the men and women in the military is unwavering and that she knows that they will uphold their oaths to the Constitution and not follow or issue illegal orders.

This may cheer you guys up. Trump can’t win if white women don’t vote for him. Polling isn’t capturing women very well, IMO. Mark my words, if polling shows him up by only 1 with white women, he is actually underwater.

It’s not just the cult that make his electorate. It’s the cult, and all loyal republicans (not all cultists), the authoritarian tech bros and faux-libertarians, the pro-choice devotees (even the sane ones who don’t like him), and all of the independents who for whatever reason they have decided think voting for him is better than voting for her. And it only matters in like 7 states.
    Not all loyal Rs, I expect about half of Haley’s 20% to not vote for him, and that’s being conservative. Some evangelicals cannot stomach him any longer, authoritarian tech bros are insignificant in number, and she is getting a significantly bigger piece of the independent vote than he is.

He’s not getting more voters than he did in 2020, in fact I imagine he will get significantly fewer voters.

It’s important to vote, and I’m not saying it’s impossible for him to win, but I feel good about her chances.

Just making up numbers that are physically impossible to be true.

The bus company said 15,000.

Had it been 100,000 they would have needed 1000 busses running 10 miles round trip from parking area and needing 4 to 6 hours to unload and 4 to 6 hrs to return folks to parking.

We know it...it's his core that get all "I know"

Donald Trump has claimed that immigration is a bigger issue for the country than the economy at an Atlanta, Georgia rally on Tuesday night.

“I really believe that the border and the illegal immigration and 21 million people, many of them criminals, is a bigger thing than inflation,” Trump said.

“We don’t want them in this country,” he later added. “We’re going too fast. And I think it’s bigger than the economy.”

Trump has often repeated the claim that many people who immigrate to the US are “criminals.” However, several peer-reviewed studies have generally found there is no link between immigration and violent crime in the US, the Associated Press reports.……..

The people at Faux News are aiming to put DPRK State Media to shame!

edit: Here's more from trump's favorite hole mouth piece:

Now that trump state-of-mind media has put their spin on this debacle, all their viewers know is that he Nailed-It!!!!!

Last edited:
    Not all loyal Rs, I expect about half of Haley’s 20% to not vote for him, and that’s being conservative. Some evangelicals cannot stomach him any longer, authoritarian tech bros are insignificant in number, and she is getting a significantly bigger piece of the independent vote than he is.

He’s not getting more voters than he did in 2020, in fact I imagine he will get significantly fewer voters.

It’s important to vote, and I’m not saying it’s impossible for him to win, but I feel good about her chances.

By “loyal Republican” I mean those who vote for the Republican - without variation. By definition they can’t vote for Harris and be a loyal republican at the same time. Sure there are many who identify as Republican who will not vote for him - and I applaud them but we also have to recognize that they’re part of this. He’s going to win swing states (at least some) and it isn’t because of the cultists.

But I hear you and appreciate your optimism. I’d like to share it but it just disappoints me so much so see how just plain bad he is - nearly every event is just mush nonsense coupled with some really dumb or downright frightening government ideas. And it doesn’t seem to matter at all. I’m having significant doubt at the moment but that doesn’t mean I’m any less enthusiastic about doing anything I can to see him lose - just the same as it was when I voted against him in the 2016 primary solely for the purpose to voting against him in every single chance I get.

But to your point, my father told me last weekend that he’s voting for Harris. His parents were staunch Republicans (even in the pre-war South where everyone was Democrat) and he has never voted for a Democrat for president starting with his first election to vote in 1964 when at age 18 he voted for Goldwater. He stopped identifying as Republican in the 2000s but still voted that way at least in national elections.

He didn’t vote for Trump in 2020, but he didn’t vote for Biden. He told me has has decided that he not only thinks that Trump is (still) terrible but he has become comfortable with the idea that Harris would manage the White House in a way that he can support. She’s an institutionalist and that’s what we need. I said “I’m so glad you see it that way, I completely agree.”

So that’s something - he, a white male Boomer Republican voter, will be voting for Harris in North Carolina where votes like his are going to be important. I hope there are many others.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom