General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    Ugh. I still don’t think so. I don’t believe the polls. I don’t believe he’s gaining any voters from 2020, and he’s lost a ton of voters since then. I just saw this - this guy lives in PA and analyzes voting for a living. Dems are absolutely racking up the VBM. If the pace for each party continues like it is now, the surplus built up by Dems will be too much for Rs to overcome on Election Day.

VBM?

Trump will win because the country is fundamentally broken, and that isn't the MSM's fault.

Internet and alternative media have created a bubble of confirmation bias and an ability to avoid reality.

This is fundamentally true and is why 40% of the electorate support Trump no matter what.

People have no idea how nuts Trump is and these people don't even watch the MSM, it's based solely on memes and their favorite conspiracy podcast. They are listening to and reading the words of people who are dumb as a rock, and that's what is influencing them.

There's not "butter emails" but there are "butter inflation" and "butter border". The misinformation on those two subjects is staggering and it is costing Kamala more votes than she can afford to lose while the Trump cult is completely unified.

She's going to lose bigger than people realize.

The bolded part is what I'm not sure is accurate. Outside of the 40% diehard support, I think people know how crazy Trump is. I also think Kamala's team did something smart in not pushing the "Trump is dangerous" attacks too early in their campaign. Leaving it for the last 3 weeks of the campaign and now going all out to sell that message will have a resonating effect that won't dissipate so close to an election. Earlier, they were more focused on pointing out the weirdness and strangeness of Trump/Vance. I also think waiting to hammer him on his age and acuity (that they're doing now) will also have the same effect and will be front of mind for voters now.

Trump has been pushing the dangerous message about Harris since the beginning because that's all he's had, but I think it's starting to lose steam because he's repeated it so much that now people tune him out. They're also not pushing the economic message as much, and that's for a reason.

I don't get all the pessimism surrounding Harris coming from Democrats. She's honestly run about as good a campaign as possible and continues to make smart moves all over.

Last edited:
    No. He won’t. He is using the same playbook and MSM is not helping (just like 2016) but we’re a much different country than 8 years ago. He’s not an unknown quantity, we all KNOW what he is and what he will do. Everyone except the cult knows all about him.

I think his playbook now is much thinner, there’s no real substance - and I don’t think it matters. There’s the cult and then there’s the people who just don’t want to vote for a black woman democrat and it’s enough the win the electoral college despite the fact that she will get 6 million more votes than him.

So sad. And this media thing where he’s a nonsensical mush-headed kook gets a pass but she tends to smile and even laugh too easily so she’s not serious is just a complicit. My parents literally said “well they’re saying she did really poorly in this interview” - and I said “did you watch it? I didn’t either but I saw her kick his butt in a live debate. I have seen her take people apart in congressional hearings. This whole thing about her causal interviews while he can’t ever finish a thought is literally insane.”

I think his playbook now is much thinner, there’s no real substance - and I don’t think it matters. There’s the cult and then there’s the people who just don’t want to vote for a black woman democrat and it’s enough the win the electoral college despite the fact that she will get 6 million more votes than him.

So sad. And this media thing where he’s a nonsensical mush-headed kook gets a pass but she tends to smile and even laugh too easily so she’s not serious is just a complicit. My parents literally said “well they’re saying she did really poorly in this interview” - and I said “did you watch it? I didn’t either but I saw her kick his butt in a live debate. I have seen her take people apart in congressional hearings. This whole thing about her causal interviews while he can’t ever finish a thought is literally insane.”
    We shouldn’t worry about the cult. The cult isn’t large enough to elect him. It wasn’t in 2016 (he squeaked by because of a bad opponent) and it wasn’t in 2020. And the cult numbers are fewer than they were in 2020 (by a lot, IMO). First of all - almost a million have died. Second, more than a million younger people have become eligible to vote, and thirdly - women are completely fed up with him and are highly motivated voters. Have been since 2021

Yeah, this interview is not going well. Harris’ campaign is following and sending out clips in pretty close to real time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom