General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    ……..Obama’s stern words have been subject to criticism, including from former Ohio State Senator Nina Turner.

“Why are Black men being belittled in ways that no other voting group [is]?” the Democrat told host Abby Phillip on CNN’s NewsNight.
    “Now, a lot of love for former President Obama, but for him to single out Black men is wrong.”

Fox News anchor Jesse Watters described Obama’s remarks as “mansplaining,” the anchor wrote on X.

Former GOP Georgia Representative Vernon Jones rebuked on X: “I don’t have anything in common with Kamala. No Thanks BO, Blacks had enough of you and @KamalaHarris.”

Conservatives on social media were also quick to seize on the comments.

“Three weeks before an election and they sent daddy out there to lecture the children. Harris is in trouble,” one X user stated.

Another added: “I can’t stand that he thinks the ‘brothers’ owe their vote to Kamala, like he needs to lecture them for not falling in line. What a condescending, arrogant man.”………

I personally don't have an issue with what Obama said, but that's just me.

……..Obama’s stern words have been subject to criticism, including from former Ohio State Senator Nina Turner.

“Why are Black men being belittled in ways that no other voting group [is]?” the Democrat told host Abby Phillip on CNN’s NewsNight.
    “Now, a lot of love for former President Obama, but for him to single out Black men is wrong.”

Fox News anchor Jesse Watters described Obama’s remarks as “mansplaining,” the anchor wrote on X.

Former GOP Georgia Representative Vernon Jones rebuked on X: “I don’t have anything in common with Kamala. No Thanks BO, Blacks had enough of you and @KamalaHarris.”

“Three weeks before an election and they sent daddy out there to lecture the children. Harris is in trouble,” one X user stated.

Another added: “I can’t stand that he thinks the ‘brothers’ owe their vote to Kamala, like he needs to lecture them for not falling in line. What a condescending, arrogant man.”………

I often wish we could send all Cheato supporters and the journalist enablers to a parallel universe where he wins. Let them have the life they want so badly.

I mean, come on. If you have a problem being randomly stopped and murdered by cops, who's the more likely to try and fix that and who's more likely to give the pigs a medal?

I personally don't have an issue with what Obama said, but that's just me.
    That’s because he wasn’t talking to all black men, just those who don’t want to support Harris. The people in the article who are making it seem like he was talking to all members of a certain group are being dishonest, IMO, in order to stir up trouble.

Right wingers hate it when people speak honestly about their cult.

I don't know what percentage of black men are planning or considering voting for Trump, since I think the polls are mostly blowing smoke up our arses at this point. But if they are, BO is asking them the right question. Why? If they can't answer that without some bullshirt lie then they need to be challenged, not placated. This goes for anybody, not just black men.

Last edited:
    WASHINGTON – Recent spikes in voter registrations are shaking up the already contentious 2024 presidential race, with hundreds of thousands of new voters now signed up to cast ballots and help determine who resides in the White House for the next four years.

In the majority of the seven key battleground states where Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Kamala Harris are particularly close in the polls, the current number of registered voters is up compared with the 2020 presidential contest that coincided with the COVID-19 global pandemic.

North Carolina, as one example, boasts nearly a half million more registered people in 2024 compared with 2020, when Trump eked out a win over Joe Biden in the Tar Heel State by about 74,000 votes.

Over in Michigan, the total count of registered voters has grown by more than 350,000 since October of 2020. Biden's margin of victory that year over Trump in the midwestern battleground state: a little more than 150,000 votes.

Similar voter registration trends are also playing out in Arizona, where Biden bested Trump in 2020 by about 10,500 votes, and Nevada, where the current Democratic president beat his predecessor by nearly 33,600 votes. Between August 2020 and the end of July this year, the Arizona electorate grew by nearly 125,000 voters. In Nevada − the least populated of this year's swing states − more than 260,000 additional registered voters have signed up compared with this time four years ago.

There's an important caveat to this data: Registered voters are not the same thing as actual voters, which is why the Trump and Harris campaigns are focused heading into November on driving up turnout among their core constituencies while also finding potential new pockets of supporters.

The surge in names that have been added to the voter rolls happens for a variety of reasons. For one, more than 8 million people across the U.S. are newly eligible to vote upon reaching their 18th birthday since the last mid-election cycle in 2022, according to the Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement at Tufts University.

On top of that, election experts told USA TODAY that several specific recent events – including Biden's decision to stand down in place of Harris and a particular high-profile celebrity endorsement – could be motivating factors behind many of the new registrations.............

I guess this can go here. Harrison Buttsmooch is forming PAC to push “traditional values”.

I hope he misses every PAT and FG the rest of the year.

Btw, Christ is King is from a radical reactionary Catholic group called Catholics for Catholics.
    Just finished watching CNN TV on the Edge episode about Murphy Brown and Dan Quayle who talked about getting back to “traditional family values”

Someone then asked (in the doc, not at the time) ‘whose tradition? Whose family? And whose values?’

That the Trump campaign would open an office in Hamtramck, a tiny city of around 28,000 people north of downtown Detroit, less than a month before the election, speaks to a particular curiosity of the 2024 presidential race.

About 40% of Hamtramck’s residents are of Middle Eastern or north African descent, 60% are believed to be Muslim Americans, and the city has an all-Muslim city council.

Last week, as Israel was expanding its war into Lebanon and continuing its daily bombardment of Gaza, scores of locals – many immigrants from Bangladesh, Yemen and other Arab- and Muslim-majority countries – lined Joseph Campau Avenue to attend the official opening of Trump’s office.

“Peace in the Middle East will not happen under a Harris administration – she’s too weak,” said Barry Altman, a Republican party candidate who is running for a seat in Michigan’s house of representatives next month, and who was running the new Trump campaign office on a recent afternoon. “Trump is the only hope for peace.”

Altman is not alone. Last month, Amer Ghalib, the Democratic mayor of Hamtramck, announced his endorsement of Donald Trump after meeting the former president at a rally in Flint, Michigan, where the pair spoke for about 20 minutes.

In past elections, Arab Americans were a solidly Democratic voting bloc, especially in the years following 9/11 and given Trump’s overtly anti-Muslim rhetoric. But with Kamala Harris reportedly “underwater” in Michigan – now three points behind Trump among likely voters, having led the former president by five points as recently as last month, according to one recent poll – Muslim and Arab American communities across Michigan could play a major role in the outcome of the presidential election.……

That the Trump campaign would open an office in Hamtramck, a tiny city of around 28,000 people north of downtown Detroit, less than a month before the election, speaks to a particular curiosity of the 2024 presidential race.

About 40% of Hamtramck’s residents are of Middle Eastern or north African descent, 60% are believed to be Muslim Americans, and the city has an all-Muslim city council.

Last week, as Israel was expanding its war into Lebanon and continuing its daily bombardment of Gaza, scores of locals – many immigrants from Bangladesh, Yemen and other Arab- and Muslim-majority countries – lined Joseph Campau Avenue to attend the official opening of Trump’s office.

“Peace in the Middle East will not happen under a Harris administration – she’s too weak,” said Barry Altman, a Republican party candidate who is running for a seat in Michigan’s house of representatives next month, and who was running the new Trump campaign office on a recent afternoon. “Trump is the only hope for peace.”

Altman is not alone. Last month, Amer Ghalib, the Democratic mayor of Hamtramck, announced his endorsement of Donald Trump after meeting the former president at a rally in Flint, Michigan, where the pair spoke for about 20 minutes.

In past elections, Arab Americans were a solidly Democratic voting bloc, especially in the years following 9/11 and given Trump’s overtly anti-Muslim rhetoric. But with Kamala Harris reportedly “underwater” in Michigan – now three points behind Trump among likely voters, having led the former president by five points as recently as last month, according to one recent poll – Muslim and Arab American communities across Michigan could play a major role in the outcome of the presidential election.……

Trump- the guy who didn't fix a damn thing in 4 years- is totally the guy to do it now. Makes perfect sense...

More than 230 doctors, nurses and health care professionals, most of whom are backing Vice President Kamala Harris, are calling on former President Donald Trump to release his medical records, arguing that he should be transparent about his health "given his advancing age."

"Trump is falling concerningly short of any standard of fitness for office and displaying alarming characteristics of declining acuity," the 238 signatories wrote in a letter dated Oct. 13 and first obtained by CBS News. "In the limited opportunities we can examine his behavior, he's providing a deeply concerning snapshot."…….

More than 230 doctors, nurses and health care professionals, most of whom are backing Vice President Kamala Harris, are calling on former President Donald Trump to release his medical records, arguing that he should be transparent about his health "given his advancing age."

"Trump is falling concerningly short of any standard of fitness for office and displaying alarming characteristics of declining acuity," the 238 signatories wrote in a letter dated Oct. 13 and first obtained by CBS News. "In the limited opportunities we can examine his behavior, he's providing a deeply concerning snapshot."…….

"Dear mainstream media, Cheato is LOSING IT! Can you not see? Has he hypnotized you somehow with meandering, insane word salads? Have you forgotten that a candidate should know what freaking city he's in? Jesus Christ! Do your dogdamned JOBS!"

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom