General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    I think part of this was to set up a narrative that people don’t want to leave his rallies, that they aren’t leaving despite what everyone sees. At one point in the middle of the music he says - nobody’s leaving! You want to keep going? I also noticed that when they were taking a man out on a stretcher who was obviously obese, he started talking about losing weight. And then he said - they’re going to try to get those doors open. Hmmm…wonder if they locked the doors?

I think part of this was to set up a narrative that people don’t want to leave his rallies, that they aren’t leaving despite what everyone sees. At one point in the middle of the music he says - nobody’s leaving! You want to keep going? I also noticed that when they were taking a man out on a stretcher who was obviously obese, he started talking about losing weight. And then he said - they’re going to try to get those doors open. Hmmm…wonder if they locked the doors?

What he doesn't realize is that watching someone come unmoored live, on stage, is vastly more interesting than his incoherent speeches.

That the Trump campaign would open an office in Hamtramck, a tiny city of around 28,000 people north of downtown Detroit, less than a month before the election, speaks to a particular curiosity of the 2024 presidential race.

About 40% of Hamtramck’s residents are of Middle Eastern or north African descent, 60% are believed to be Muslim Americans, and the city has an all-Muslim city council.

Last week, as Israel was expanding its war into Lebanon and continuing its daily bombardment of Gaza, scores of locals – many immigrants from Bangladesh, Yemen and other Arab- and Muslim-majority countries – lined Joseph Campau Avenue to attend the official opening of Trump’s office.

“Peace in the Middle East will not happen under a Harris administration – she’s too weak,” said Barry Altman, a Republican party candidate who is running for a seat in Michigan’s house of representatives next month, and who was running the new Trump campaign office on a recent afternoon. “Trump is the only hope for peace.”

Altman is not alone. Last month, Amer Ghalib, the Democratic mayor of Hamtramck, announced his endorsement of Donald Trump after meeting the former president at a rally in Flint, Michigan, where the pair spoke for about 20 minutes.

In past elections, Arab Americans were a solidly Democratic voting bloc, especially in the years following 9/11 and given Trump’s overtly anti-Muslim rhetoric. But with Kamala Harris reportedly “underwater” in Michigan – now three points behind Trump among likely voters, having led the former president by five points as recently as last month, according to one recent poll – Muslim and Arab American communities across Michigan could play a major role in the outcome of the presidential election.……

Judas Priest, Trump will give Bibi whatever he wants especially if Bibi says he can build a hotel in Gaza.

Judas Priest, Trump will give Bibi whatever he wants especially if Bibi says he can build a hotel in Gaza.
    Article I read a while back said something the lines of “you don’t like how Biden/Harris is handling this situation, fine. If Harris is in the White House you have 4 or 8 years to work to get something better. If Trump wins there is zero chance of something better and a good chance it will get a great deal worse”

Trump is going to win. This is 2016 all over again.
    No. He won’t. He is using the same playbook and MSM is not helping (just like 2016) but we’re a much different country than 8 years ago. He’s not an unknown quantity, we all KNOW what he is and what he will do. Everyone except the cult knows all about him.

No. He won’t. He is using the same playbook and MSM is not helping (just like 2016) but we’re a much different country than 8 years ago. He’s not an unknown quantity, we all KNOW what he is and what he will do. Everyone except the cult knows all about him.
    All I know is I'm going to be a nervous wreck on Election Day

My only issue with that is this:

Is just the cult enough for Trump to steamroll through the primaries? The non cult GOP had their chance to rally around anyone else and chose not to (either by not voting in the primaries or by voting for him in the primaries)

Last edited:

the MSM is sane-washing and has been for last 6 months.

At the end of the day, MSM doesnt care who wins out, because their revenues are generated by clicks/views/purchases. The last 9 years have been a BOOM to revenue, for left, right and central players.

I keep reading articles from well-balanced, smart and concise writers that are all starting to point to this as a repeat of 2016

The ONLY thing that will save us, is the young folks getting out to vote on Election day. Thats it.

if you are willing to ignore the warning signs, i get it. I dont want to see the tea leaves any more than you. But they are there. Pay attention and prepare accordingly.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

some of our media institutions are failing us. bigly. They have found that division and chaos creates more revenue than pointing out the obvious truths. So they roll with what sells.

But once you go down that road, you cant simply switch gears - it has to be a gradual shift. If Harris wins, the shift will start to show - but it will take YEARS to return to civility and normalized discourse - and thats if we EVER do.

The Trump campaign lashed out at Minnesota Governor Tim Walz on Monday after the Democratic vice presidential nominee quoted the Republican presidential candidate who repeatedly over the weekend has been saying he would like to use the U.S. military against American citizens.

As NCRM reported, the Republican presidential nominee said he thinks the U.S. Armed Forces should be used against Americans who oppose him, called his critics “the enemy from within,” and declared they are more dangerous than America’s greatest foreign adversaries, including Russia, China, and North Korea.

“I always say we have the outside enemy, so you can say China, you can say Russia, you can say, Kim Jung-Un,” Trump told supporters at an Aurora, Colorado rally on Friday. But, he added: “It’s the enemy from within, all the scum that we have to deal with that hate our country. That’s a bigger enemy than China and Russia,” he said as the audience cheered.

Then, on Sunday, Trump told Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo of his desire to use armed forces against Americans on Election Day.

“I think the bigger problem are the people from within, we have some very bad people, we have some sick people, radical left lunatics. And I think they’re the — and it should be very easily handled by, if necessary, by National Guard, or if really necessary by the military.”

Trump War Room, the official social media account of the Trump campaign, posted video of Walz on Monday speaking with supporters.

“Donald Trump over the weekend was talking about using the U.S. Army against people who disagree with him,” Walz had said. “Just so you’re clear about that, that’s you. That’s what he’s talking about. This is not some mythical thing out there. He called it the ‘enemy within.'”

The Trump War Room social media account wrote: “Tim Walz peddles a disgusting lie that President Trump will use the U.S. Army against his political opponents: ‘That’s you, that’s what he’s talking about.’ This is reckless, dangerous rhetoric,” the campaign stated. “Tim should be ASHAMED of himself.”................

the MSM is sane-washing and has been for last 6 months.

At the end of the day, MSM doesnt care who wins out, because their revenues are generated by clicks/views/purchases. The last 9 years have been a BOOM to revenue, for left, right and central players.

I keep reading articles from well-balanced, smart and concise writers that are all starting to point to this as a repeat of 2016

The ONLY thing that will save us, is the young folks getting out to vote on Election day. Thats it.

if you are willing to ignore the warning signs, i get it. I dont want to see the tea leaves any more than you. But they are there. Pay attention and prepare accordingly.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

You may be right, but Kamala doesn't have a "butter emails" moment from Comey waiting in the wings. That news conference arguably was the deciding factor in the race so close to the election.

What exactly is driving non-committed voters towards Trump? Nobody has really had a good answer for that, so that's why I'm skeptical of the polls. If there was actually a driving force getting people to turn towards Trump, I'd be more likely to believe it, but nobody has been able to articulate what that is. I'm also very skeptical that all of these "new voters" are going to show up for Trump.

You may be right, but Kamala doesn't have a "butter emails" moment from Comey waiting in the wings. That news conference arguably was the deciding factor in the race so close to the election.

What exactly is driving non-committed voters towards Trump? Nobody has really had a good answer for that, so that's why I'm skeptical of the polls. If there was actually a driving force getting people to turn towards Trump, I'd be more likely to believe it, but nobody has been able to articulate what that is. I'm also very skeptical that all of these "new voters" are going to show up for Trump.

its a combination of factors

msm is partly to blame in this since we are creatures of habit- we get our news from trusted sources- Trump has worked so hard of the past 15-20 years to undermine that level of trust. MSM should have long pushed back against this. But they havent.

If Trump can keep the margins CLOSE, then his plan to obstruct will begin. Again, its the trust in institutions thing- MSM, voting, courts, government, etc- and "im the ONLY one who can right the ship" ( meaning i need full and unregulated power to do this for YOU = authoritarian regime begins )

This is his goal- those aligned will reap the benefits. Those opposed- he will look to make life an absolute hellscape.

Trump will win because the country is fundamentally broken, and that isn't the MSM's fault.

Internet and alternative media have created a bubble of confirmation bias and an ability to avoid reality. People have no idea how nuts Trump is and these people don't even watch the MSM, it's based solely on memes and their favorite conspiracy podcast. They are listening to and reading the words of people who are dumb as a rock, and that's what is influencing them.

There's not "butter emails" but there are "butter inflation" and "butter border". The misinformation on those two subjects is staggering and it is costing Kamala more votes than she can afford to lose while the Trump cult is completely unified.

She's going to lose bigger than people realize.

Ugh. I still don’t think so. I don’t believe the polls. I don’t believe he’s gaining any voters from 2020, and he’s lost a ton of voters since then. I just saw this - this guy lives in PA and analyzes voting for a living. Dems are absolutely racking up the VBM. If the pace for each party continues like it is now, the surplus built up by Dems will be too much for Rs to overcome on Election Day.

Trump will win because the country is fundamentally broken, and that isn't the MSM's fault.

Internet and alternative media have created a bubble of confirmation bias and an ability to avoid reality. People have no idea how nuts Trump is and these people don't even watch the MSM, it's based solely on memes and their favorite conspiracy podcast. They are listening to and reading the words of people who are dumb as a rock, and that's what is influencing them.

There's not "butter emails" but there are "butter inflation" and "butter border". The misinformation on those two subjects is staggering and it is costing Kamala more votes than she can afford to lose while the Trump cult is completely unified.

She's going to lose bigger than people realize.
    The misinformation and the stupidity surrounding the economy will be the main reason if we fail to elect Harris.

The D's continually allow the radical right to define hot button issues using lies and manipulation without facing any pushback. The R's has convinced a large majority in this country that the Global Inflation that was sparked after the Global Pandemic was solely a US problem driven by the Harris administration. The same public has been manipulated to ignore the fact that the US economy is THE STRONGEST ECONOMY IN THE WORLD and had the BEST recovery from the GLOBAL inflation crisis. The stock market are routinely breaking records, unemployment is lower than any time of the trump years, and wages are up.

D's have failed to convey those facts to the American people, they may not understand it, but they NEED TO HEAR IT! Instead, they are being told everyday that their groceries cost a 2nd mortgage and it is Harris/Biden's fault. If you tell a big lie enough and keep repeating it, eventually you'll convince the ill-informed to believe that lie.

Edit: While abortion is a big issue, so is the economy and the D's chose to be hyper focused on the abortion issue and ignored the Republican attack on the economy! They lost the opportunity to show the American people the fruits of their labor by comparing how the US is doing compared to the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom