General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
How is this possible? I hope this is just mad poll disease
=======

Tightening poll figures have triggered nervousness and anxiety in Kamala Harris’s presidential campaign, with Donald Trump making gains in the states where it matters most as the election race enters its climactic final phase.

Amid a dramatic news cycle that has seen the US hit by two destructive hurricanes and rising fears of all-out war in the Middle East, the Guardian’s 10-day polling average tracker showed the vice-president and Democratic nominee with a two-point nationwide lead, 48% to 46%, over her Republican opponent as of 10 October - tellingly, down from a 4% advantage she registered two weeks ago.

More plainly worrying for the Democrats is the picture it paints in what are generally regarded as the seven key battleground states that will determine who ends up in the White House: Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada.

All seven show minuscule differences between the candidates that are within the margin of error. Crucially, Harris enjoys just three – fractional leads in Nevada and Michigan, and a slim one-point advantage in Pennsylvania.

Trump has wafer-thin leads in the five remaining swing states.……

Race to the White House still favors Harris

Attachments

• IMG_9361.jpeg
    IMG_9361.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 20
Now Trump says he will make the purchase of a generator fully deductible from our taxes retroactive to now but expiring next August. Does he know the president can’t really just write tax code? He can’t just wish it into existence.

I bought a generator in June of this year, his plan makes it retroactive to September, which is three months too late to include me.

So at tax time I can thank the criminal for nothing.

In Diné, or Navajo, culture, the horse symbolizes strength and resilience, as well as a connection to the earth.

Cowboy culture is so relevant to Native communities, that horseback trail rides are used to draw awareness to issues within the community including suicide prevention, and alcohol and drug use, said Allie Young, a 34-year-old Diné grassroots organizer.

This fall, Young has harnessed the trail ride to engage Diné voters for the presidential election: her group’s voter-registration events will culminate with 100 Indigenous voters riding on horseback to a polling station in Arizona on election day.

“When one mounts a horse and is in rhythm with the horse, that reconnection happens,” Young, founder of the Indigenous-led civic engagement program Protect the Sacred, told the Guardian.

“So when we’re connected with the horse, we’re then reconnected to Mother Earth and reminded of our cultural values and what we’re fighting for, what we’re protecting.”

Native American turnout is especially critical in the upcoming election, when tribal sovereignty could be threatened by the conservative blueprint Project 2025, which states that fossil fuel drilling should be facilitated on tribal lands.

Political representation that brings needed resources into Native communities is particularly important on tribal lands, where 75% of roads remain unpaved.

In part due to Young’s advocacy, Native American voters are credited with flipping the historically red state of Arizona to Democrat during the 2020 election. That year, up to 90% of the roughly 67,000 eligible voters in the Navajo Nation voted for Joe Biden, according to data.

Young said she hopes that the success of the Ride to the Polls campaign in 2020 and 2022 will encourage “the greatest Native turnout ever” in the upcoming election.

This year, the campaign has extended its reach with events such as skateboarding and bull-riding competitions, heavy metal and country music concerts……..

A nice article but they failed to mention Jonathan Nez a fellow I support from out of state. He's running for a congressional seat in Arizona.

His chances are pretty good, he's already won an election to be the Navajo tribal president in the past. Early on I decided his race was a good bang for the out of state buck so I sent him a few bucks.

In Diné, or Navajo, culture, the horse symbolizes strength and resilience, as well as a connection to the earth.

Cowboy culture is so relevant to Native communities, that horseback trail rides are used to draw awareness to issues within the community including suicide prevention, and alcohol and drug use, said Allie Young, a 34-year-old Diné grassroots organizer.

This fall, Young has harnessed the trail ride to engage Diné voters for the presidential election: her group’s voter-registration events will culminate with 100 Indigenous voters riding on horseback to a polling station in Arizona on election day.

“When one mounts a horse and is in rhythm with the horse, that reconnection happens,” Young, founder of the Indigenous-led civic engagement program Protect the Sacred, told the Guardian.

“So when we’re connected with the horse, we’re then reconnected to Mother Earth and reminded of our cultural values and what we’re fighting for, what we’re protecting.”

Native American turnout is especially critical in the upcoming election, when tribal sovereignty could be threatened by the conservative blueprint Project 2025, which states that fossil fuel drilling should be facilitated on tribal lands.

Political representation that brings needed resources into Native communities is particularly important on tribal lands, where 75% of roads remain unpaved.

In part due to Young’s advocacy, Native American voters are credited with flipping the historically red state of Arizona to Democrat during the 2020 election. That year, up to 90% of the roughly 67,000 eligible voters in the Navajo Nation voted for Joe Biden, according to data.

Young said she hopes that the success of the Ride to the Polls campaign in 2020 and 2022 will encourage “the greatest Native turnout ever” in the upcoming election.

This year, the campaign has extended its reach with events such as skateboarding and bull-riding competitions, heavy metal and country music concerts……..

Almost 60k votes and you can be certain not a one showed up in any pre-election poll.

I was giving more thought this morning to Vance and Republicans belief that adults without children should have no say in our government, therefore no say in our society. I knew it was shortsighted and wrong minded from the moment I heard Vance say it. Today I realized what I think is the underlying motivation to think that.

There's a natural tendency for parents to put their children's needs above the needs of others. It's a biological imperative that was part of what made our species viable. Not all parents do it to the same degree. The range is from parents that would lie to protect their child who has murdered someone in cold blood all the way to the other end of the spectrum to parents that will give equal time, love and resources to caring for other children as they do their own.

Speaking only for myself as someone without children, I care for all children equally and I want everyone to pitch in to make sure the needs of all children are met. I think not having children of my own has made it easier for me to care for all children equally and to want them to all be treated equally and get what they need. That's not true for all people without children. Some don't care about any children or any other people, but not having children does not mean that someone doesn't care about the future of children. Some, like me, care about the future of every child.

I think that's the mindset we need from our elected representatives and those we choose to follow. I think a childless person with that mindset is much better for our society, than the mindset of those with children like Vance and Trump. They both lie, cheat and steal from everyone else to give to themselves and their children. That is a cancerous drain on society, it is not a benefit.

We need people that want to make sure all of your children have what they need. We need people that want to make sure all of your parent's children have what they need. We need people that want to make sure that all of your grandparent's children have what they need. Do you all see where this is going? We are all someone's children and we should all work together to make sure that everyone has what they need, even adults. Any adult that has never needed the help of others is an adult that will eventually need the help of others.

No one should ever go without what they need so that someone else can profit. It's as cruel as it is unnecessary.

I was giving more thought this morning to Vance and Republicans belief that adults without children should have no say in our government, therefore no say in our society. I knew it was shortsighted and wrong minded from the moment I heard Vance say it. Today I realized what I think is the underlying motivation to think that.

There's a natural tendency for parents to put their children's needs above the needs of others. It's a biological imperative that was part of what made our species viable. Not all parents do it to the same degree. The range is from parents that would lie to protect their child who has murdered someone in cold blood all the way to the other end of the spectrum to parents that will give equal time, love and resources to caring for other children as they do their own.

Speaking only for myself as someone without children, I care for all children equally and I want everyone to pitch in to make sure the needs of all children are met. I think not having children of my own has made it easier for me to care for all children equally and to want them to all be treated equally and get what they need. That's not true for all people without children. Some don't care about any children or any other people, but not having children does not mean that someone doesn't care about the future of children. Some, like me, care about the future of every child.

I think that's the mindset we need from our elected representatives and those we choose to follow. I think a childless person with that mindset is much better for our society, than the mindset of those with children like Vance and Trump. They both lie, cheat and steal from everyone else to give to themselves and their children. That is a cancerous drain on society, it is not a benefit.

We need people that want to make sure all of your children have what they need. We need people that want to make sure all of your parent's children have what they need. We need people that want to make sure that all of your grandparent's children have what they need. Do you all see where this is going? We are all someone's children and we should all work together to make sure that everyone has what they need, even adults. Any adult that has never needed the help of others is an adult that will eventually need the help of others.

No one should ever go without what they need so that someone else can profit. It's as cruel as it is unnecessary.
So we won't be taxed if we don't have a vote, right? No step on snek and all of that?

This is put very well. The SC has fallen to Trump - obvious from their immunity ruling. The GOP has never actually put up a fight. If Trump takes the Executive and the GOP takes either branch of the Legislative, our system of checks and balances won’t hold this time.

Also, Trump evidently said that Harris is a word that starts with an R. He said it at a fundraiser, I think. He already alluded to this when he said at a rally that he thinks she is mentally impaired. Who can support this guy? Why can nobody actively a GOP elected official call him out for any of the totally obnoxious harmful lies he tells daily? Why do reporters not demand that senior members of the GOP comment on this stuff?

Also, Trump evidently said that Harris is a word that starts with an R. He said it at a fundraiser, I think. He already alluded to this when he said at a rally that he thinks she is mentally impaired. Who can support this guy? Why can nobody actively a GOP elected official call him out for any of the totally obnoxious harmful lies he tells daily? Why do reporters not demand that senior members of the GOP comment on this stuff?
Finally, he has admitted that he is mentally challenged!

Where does this one go? It's election related because according to this Daily Beast article title that anarchist Michael Moore want's Joe Biden to pitch the first stones. It's election time, this impacts that election, so here it is.

"Michael Moore Dares Joe Biden to Use ‘Full Immunity’ in Last Days as Prez"​

The Daily Beast thinks it's precious, and has a pay wall, I don't pay for the silly beast. Here's the link for whatever good that will do:

I think I made my point when I referred to Moore as an anarchist. I don't like his idea at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom