General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

I almost agree fully with you.

But they better not have had a plan if we wind up in a brokered convention. It would have been their plan that got us there. It would be their fault.

If they get the candidate they want through a brokered convention they engineered, and that candidate is not Harris, I will write in Harris.

Probably won't matter to anyone but me, I am from California after all.

I will support in latter years people who will primary the current party leadership who had a role in this, no matter what state they are from. I will.

This would be very corrupt if it does happen.
    If Biden steps down it’s his choice and has nothing to do with corrupting democracy. Yes, there’s a pressure campaign but ultimately he holds the cards. No one can force him out; he has to be convinced it’s the best thing for the party. For the country.

If Biden steps down it’s his choice and has nothing to do with corrupting democracy. Yes, there’s a pressure campaign but ultimately he holds the cards. No one can force him out; he has to be convinced it’s the best thing for the party. For the country.

If it’s truly up to him, he will not get out. He has made it clear he wants to stay in and doesn’t want to disenfranchise millions of voters.

Then why do you care if we give up incumbency?
    I care because this seems all wrong. This public campaign of a thousand cuts. It seems undemocratic, it seems orchestrated. The public doesn’t actually care about debates. The overall polling is still within the margin of error, and lots of polls show Biden on the upswing. An actual news cycle about the debate would have faded away in a week or less. But it keeps coming up, over and over.

A huge risk-especially if they haven’t figured out a smooth process and I have zero faith that they know what they are doing. They seem like they’re just winging it. With my family’s future.

I care because this seems all wrong. This public campaign of a thousand cuts. It seems undemocratic, it seems orchestrated. The public doesn’t actually care about debates. The overall polling is still within the margin of error, and lots of polls show Biden on the upswing. An actual news cycle about the debate would have faded away in a week or less. But it keeps coming up, over and over.

A huge risk-especially if they haven’t figured out a smooth process and I have zero faith that they know what they are doing. They seem like they’re just winging it. With my family’s future.
    It’s not the fact it was one debate. The issue is that the debate put a much larger issue into focus - Biden’s age, decline and fitness - things that aren’t “one bad night” but are going to not get better but progressively worse.

You and I agree on the goal. We just have different thoughts on how to achieve that.

6520d6a1a9043ab19de461d9b7df1ff5.gif

I love it when Trump voters suddenly care about disenfranchisement of Democratic voters.

Democrats are the ones who tried everything they could to keep their most formidable opponent from running. They’ve been hiding Biden’s decline for years, ran a joke of a primary where he was basically the only option, and now will force him out for someone nobody voted for. Who is the real threat to democracy?

It’s not the fact it was one debate. The issue is that the debate put a much larger issue into focus - Biden’s age, decline and fitness - things that aren’t “one bad night” but are going to not get better but progressively worse.

You and I agree on the goal. We just have different thoughts on how to achieve that.
    That recent interview on BET was just as bad. This is what the campaign and the White House have hidden by not having Biden in the public more.

Last edited:
    Democrats are the ones who tried everything they could to keep their most formidable opponent from running.

They’ve been hiding Biden’s decline for years, ran a joke of a primary where he was basically the only option...

and now will force him out for someone nobody voted for. Who is the real threat to democracy?
    Everyone who cares about American democracy pay attention to the quotes above , because they give away the playbook. This is a big reason why Trump and his minions have been stoking the fires of fear since Biden secured the nomination that Biden is too old.

They wanted the Democrats to get rid of Biden to lower the chances that Trump loses and they wanted to be able to make the very disingenuous, complete bullshirt argument that the Democrats are the real threat to democracy and not Trump.

It's the same reason the House Republicans desperately tried to impeach Biden. Trump can't deny who he is, so he wants to create the flimsiest of reasons to be able to accuse the Democratic candidate of being who Trump actually is. It's the ultimate, "I know you are but what am I." Trump's minions constantly use that same argument, because they learned it from him.

Democrats are the ones who tried everything they could to keep their most formidable opponent from running. They’ve been hiding Biden’s decline for years, ran a joke of a primary where he was basically the only option, and now will force him out for someone nobody voted for. Who is the real threat to democracy?

Donald Trump!

I would say the party that claims any election they don’t win is a fraud and refuses to consent to a peaceful transfer of power. That party.

Everyone who cares about American democracy pay attention to the quotes above , because they give away the playbook. This is a big reason why Trump and his minions have been stoking the fires of fear since Biden secured the nomination that Biden is too old.

They wanted the Democrats to get rid of Biden to lower the chances that Trump loses and they wanted to be able to make the very disingenuous, complete bullshirt argument that the Democrats are the real threat to democracy and not Trump.

It's the same reason the House Republicans desperately tried to impeach Biden. Trump can't deny who he is, so he wants to create the flimsiest of reasons to be able to accuse the Democratic candidate of being who Trump actually is. It's the ultimate, "I know you are but what am I." Trump's minions constantly use that same argument, because they learned it from him.

I don’t want Biden out. Nobody will be happier than me if it stays in because he can’t possibly win.

I just think it’s funny that the party that calls Trump a threat to democracy fought hard to keep him off the ballot and are now going to toss all of the democrat votes in the trash.

the party that calls Trump a threat to democracy fought hard to keep him off the ballot
    Fun fact: all the plaintiffs were either registered Republicans or registered independents. Just like the assassination attempt, the call came from inside the house. Any law firm would have taken the case, it’s the plaintiffs who are actually trying. This isn’t hard.

You can say what you wish, but you didn't address what I said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom