General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

Even if all of this is true, I should point Kamala is the massive favorite in an open convention. These are all delegates loyal to Biden, and the only candidate most them will have met is Harris.

They might be tempted to do an open covention as well with the RNC being a dud so far.

So you get your and Trump’s wish. I suppose you will gloat all over the board.

The reason this is happening is because everyone is telling Biden Trump is going to beat him.

The reason this is happening is because everyone is telling Biden Trump is going to beat him.
    Yeah, in some ways that’s true, but it’s not the entire story.

Now that Trump will have to run against someone younger, more articulate and well, smarter than he is, he may rue that he pushed so hard to get Biden out of the race.

The honest truth is that big donors pushed Biden out. I sure hope the democrats have a good plan for this because this is a pretty good sized risk.
    I think it’s more Democratic congress members who are worried about the electoral chances of their own.

I hope there’s a plan too, and it is a risk. Pretending the status quo is fine, and that Biden is capable of mounting an effective campaign despite the evidence we’ve seen the past 3 weeks, is arguably a greater risk. And it’s arguably simply either delusion or resignation.

I asked Google: What has happened to Mark Halperin?

Google answered:

Mark Halperin, the former top political commentator who was fired from NBC under a cloud of scandal, is leaving his current position as a senior communications adviser to the bipartisan group No Labels, the organization confirmed. Halperin had been No Labels' highest-paid employee after joining the group in 2021.

I will clarify that because Google's answer is a dated, he left No Labels about a year ago after being forced out.

He runs a YouTube stand now. He's at the RNC Convention sitting in his YouTube. With a red hat.

boy-wearing-hat-in-pool-sitting-inner-tube-47990.jpg

I think it’s more Democratic congress members who are worried about the electoral chances of their own.

I hope there’s a plan too, and it is a risk. Pretending the status quo is fine, and that Biden is capable of mounting an effective campaign despite the evidence we’ve seen the past 3 weeks, is arguably a greater risk. And it’s arguably simply either delusion or resignation.

Yup, it's polls. His campaign is done. If he continues on, it's pure ego, and arrogance. The damage to his campaign via his own party. He will never recover from.

It's all on him too. They gave him 3 weeks post debate to pull it together.

Also, this was done with grace. Everyone invovled tried to do this behind closed doors. This stubborn mule refused.

Yup, it's polls. His campaign is done. If he continues on, it's pure ego, and arrogance. The damage to his campaign via his own party. He will never recover from.

It's all on him too. They gave him 3 weeks post debate to pull it together.

Also, this was done with grace. Everyone invovled tried to do this behind closed doors. This stubborn mule refused.
    I kind of like this post. It reassured me that Biden will stand tall.

The thing is, I'm a stubborn mule.

And you pointed out to me that Biden is also a stubborn mule. So now I know how this will turn out.

:D << these things all look the same, this one is the "Big Grin."

Let me assure you - the donors have played a pretty huge role in this. And there’s no greater risk imo than giving up the incumbency this late in the election cycle.

They better have a plan, and a brokered convention with all that chaos isn’t it.

Let me assure you - the donors have played a pretty huge role in this. And there’s no greater risk imo than giving up the incumbency this late in the election cycle.

They better have a plan, and a brokered convention with all that chaos isn’t it.
    What good is the incumbency if a significant majority of voters don’t think you’re capable of making it through another 4 years?

I almost agree fully with you.

But they better not have had a plan if we wind up in a brokered convention. It would have been their plan that got us there. It would be their fault.

If they get the candidate they want through a brokered convention they engineered, and that candidate is not Harris, I will write in Harris.

Probably won't matter to anyone but me, I am from California after all.

I will support in latter years people who will primary the current party leadership who had a role in this, no matter what state they are from. I will.

This would be very corrupt if it does happen.

What good is the incumbency if a significant majority of voters don’t think you’re capable of making it through another 4 years?
    You could have placed that question mark after that word "incumbency" and not typed in the rest of it. The rest of that didn't change the meaning.

Almost nobody who is going to vote for Biden actually cares, IMO. They know he’s old. They just don’t want Trump in there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom