/* */

General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

Kennedy is a confirmed Trump patsy. The gig is up on that. Shovel that sheet elsewhere.
    I do not like Kennedy at all. I think if, and it's seeming more and more likely "when", Biden steps down, it's going to be near impossible to not nominate Kamala. However, in the all-chips-in interest of defeating Trump, what about Kennedy becoming Kamala's running mate? Not that I'm endorsing this... it's more like, "what if" and "does this give the best ticket to beat Trump"?

I think a new dem candidate can beat Trump because there is that many people that will vote AGAINST Trump.
    Which is why not making the switch is stupid. If Biden loses that’s on the party for running a candidate that doesn’t resonate with people.

Who would be the new dem candidate and how do they get to the top of the ticket and build a national campaign in 100 days or less? I'm not opposed to the scenario, it just feels like an underpants gnome kind of strategy where no one has a clue what phase 2 is.

Phase 1 - Biden Steps Aside
    Phase 2 - ?
    Phase 3 - Win Election

1721316499545.png
    Yeah, I mean in an ideal world I'd prefer an alternative candidate. [That said, I will absolutely vote for Biden if he's the nominee.] But if Biden were to heed calls to step aside, I would hope the Democratic Party has a plan for what happens next, and answers to any potential obstacles the law or the GOP are going to put in their way. Do they? It's not clear they do.

Yeah, I mean in an ideal world I'd prefer an alternative candidate. [That said, I will absolutely vote for Biden if he's the nominee.] But if Biden were to heed calls to step aside, I would hope the Democratic Party has a plan for what happens next, and answers to any potential obstacles the law or the GOP are going to put in their way. Do they? It's not clear they do.
    Yeah, the logistics of coming up with a new candidate in July are quite daunting to say the least. Pivoting to Harris would be possible, but I think it's a toss up as to whether she'd do any better than Biden, and any other candidate requires magical thinking at this point.

Not to mention, primaries serve a purpose whereby candidates are able to raise their profile and prove that they can connect with and rally voters to support them, but it also allows them to be vetted by the media and voters. Anyone aside from Harris would have to sell themselves to the American people while fending off being defined by the opposition.

If Biden ends up stepping aside, he should resign and let Harris assume the role as #47. MAGA can figure out what to do with all that merch.
    To be fair, I remember a conservative dropping that same idea when Biden started showing #46 gear. Said Trump ought to resign just to give Pence the #46 title to piss off Dems.

I'll admit that was funny as well.

To be fair, I remember a conservative dropping that same idea when Biden started showing #46 gear. Said Trump ought to resign just to give Pence the #46 title to piss off Dems.

I'll admit that was funny as well.

I don’t recall that but definitely saying it in jest.

I expect Biden to finish his term. If he does step aside and Harris takes over as the nominee, she’d need to focus on campaigning and not running the country. She’ll have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time.

Whatever happens, just have to hope the Dems can come up with a good plan to move forward.

Run Harris and make the election about women's rights. Then watch the Republicans trash Harris at every opportunity for being a woman. Seems pretty simple to me.

Donald Trump Jr has said that he wants “veto power” over hiring decisions to weed out the “bad actors” if his father wins a second term in the White House, according to a report.

The former president’s eldest son made the comments during an Axios event at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday. Trump Jr said while he doesn’t want a role for himself in a possible second Trump administration, he does want the power to “block the bad actors.”

“I don’t want to pick a single person for a position of power, all I want to do is block the guys that would be a disaster,” he told the outlet.

“I want to block the liars, I want to block the guys that are pretending they’re with you,” he added.

Trump Jr went on to say, “You guys pick the guy that’s right, I want a veto power to cut out each and every one of those people.”

He added one of the advantages of a second Trump term would be that “now we know” who may serve in the administration.

Trump Jr has previously argued on behalf of Republicans he supports, such as backing JD Vance as the vice presidential nominee.

Axios reported earlier this year that Trump Jr and Eric Trump have taken on significant roles in the planning for a possible second term. If Trump wins, the brothers are reportedly set to serve on the transition team checking prospective officials and members of staff for loyalty and ideology............

Status
    Not open for further replies.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom