General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

Recently I was posting things on the "Biden Tracker" thread that were about both Trump and Biden. Sometimes the poster has an online article and it does not fit perfectly under the thread named "Misc. Trump" or the thread names "Biden Tracker".
    Hopefully in those instances this flexible thread title will be helpful. ;)

Last edited:
    Is this thread your quiet acknowledgment that voting third party is unserious?

Is this thread your quiet acknowledgment that voting third party is unserious?
    This thread is NOT that. I explained this thread's purpose. So many articles about Trump also focus on Biden. So many articles about Biden also focus on Trump. It is becoming increasingly difficult to decide where to place an online article...Biden Tracker or Misc. Trump? Which thread?
    My goal is to eliminate that indecision.
    Now totally separate from that I will respond to YOUR purpose....which is any votes for a 3rd party candidate have zero chance of counting regarding that individual becoming the next President. The only purpose for me would be to keep my pledge that I will not vote for Trump or Biden. That's the only thing my 3rd party vote would accomplish. There is NO 3rd party option for me that I am interested in. On election day I might just vote for "down ballot stuff" and NOT vote for ANYONE for President. This would allow me to keep my pledge to not vote for Trump or Biden.
    This thread is NOT about me or about 3rd party candidates.
    Please use this thread for its intended purpose....Trump vs Biden.
    Thank you.

Last edited:
    ATLANTA (AP) — As Donald Trump campaigns for a return to the White House, he often reaches back more than 40 years and seven administrations to belittle President Joe Biden by comparing him to 99-year-old Jimmy Carter.

Most recently, Trump used his first campaign stop after the start of his criminal hush money trial in New York to needle the 46th president by saying the 39th president, a recently widowed hospice patient who left office in 1981, was selfishly pleased with Biden’s record.

“Biden is the worst president in the history of our country, worse than Jimmy Carter by a long shot,” Trump said in a variation of a quip he has used throughout the 2024 campaign, including as former first lady Rosalynn Carterwas on her deathbed. “Jimmy Carter is happy,” Trump continued about the two Democrats, “because he had a brilliant presidency compared to Biden.”

It was once common for Republicans like Trump to lampoon Carter. Many Democrats, including Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, kept their distance for years, too, after a roiled economy, energy shortages and an extended American hostage crisis led to Carter’s landslide defeat in 1980. The negative vibes waned, though, with the passage of time and reconsideration of Carter’s legacy as a political leader, Nobel laureate and global humanitarian.

That leaves some observers, Democrats especially, questioning Trump’s attempts to saddle Biden with the decades-old baggage of a frail man who closed his public life last November by silently leading the mourning for his wife of 77 years.

“It’s just a very dated reference,” said pollster Zac McCrary, whose Alabama-based firm has worked for Biden. “It’s akin to a Democrat launching an attack on Gerald Ford or Herbert Hoover or William McKinley. It doesn’t signify anything to voters except Trump taking a cheap shot at a figure that most Americans at this point believe has given a lot to his country and to the world.”

Trump loyalists insist that even a near-centenarian is fair game in the rough-and-tumble reality of presidential politics.

“I was saying it probably before President Trump: Joe Biden’s worse than Jimmy Carter,” said Georgia resident Debbie Dooley, an early national tea party organizer during Obama’s first term and a Trump supporter since early in his 2016 campaign. Dooley said inflation under Biden justifies the parallel: “I’m old enough to remember the gas lines under President Carter.”

Any comparison, of course, involves selective interpretation, and Trump’s decision to bring a third president into the campaign carries complications for all three –- and perhaps some irony for Trump, who, like Carter, was rejected by voters after one term.…….

ATLANTA (AP) — As Donald Trump campaigns for a return to the White House, he often reaches back more than 40 years and seven administrations to belittle President Joe Biden by comparing him to 99-year-old Jimmy Carter.

Most recently, Trump used his first campaign stop after the start of his criminal hush money trial in New York to needle the 46th president by saying the 39th president, a recently widowed hospice patient who left office in 1981, was selfishly pleased with Biden’s record.

“Biden is the worst president in the history of our country, worse than Jimmy Carter by a long shot,” Trump said in a variation of a quip he has used throughout the 2024 campaign, including as former first lady Rosalynn Carterwas on her deathbed. “Jimmy Carter is happy,” Trump continued about the two Democrats, “because he had a brilliant presidency compared to Biden.”

It was once common for Republicans like Trump to lampoon Carter. Many Democrats, including Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, kept their distance for years, too, after a roiled economy, energy shortages and an extended American hostage crisis led to Carter’s landslide defeat in 1980. The negative vibes waned, though, with the passage of time and reconsideration of Carter’s legacy as a political leader, Nobel laureate and global humanitarian.

That leaves some observers, Democrats especially, questioning Trump’s attempts to saddle Biden with the decades-old baggage of a frail man who closed his public life last November by silently leading the mourning for his wife of 77 years.

“It’s just a very dated reference,” said pollster Zac McCrary, whose Alabama-based firm has worked for Biden. “It’s akin to a Democrat launching an attack on Gerald Ford or Herbert Hoover or William McKinley. It doesn’t signify anything to voters except Trump taking a cheap shot at a figure that most Americans at this point believe has given a lot to his country and to the world.”

Trump loyalists insist that even a near-centenarian is fair game in the rough-and-tumble reality of presidential politics.

“I was saying it probably before President Trump: Joe Biden’s worse than Jimmy Carter,” said Georgia resident Debbie Dooley, an early national tea party organizer during Obama’s first term and a Trump supporter since early in his 2016 campaign. Dooley said inflation under Biden justifies the parallel: “I’m old enough to remember the gas lines under President Carter.”

Any comparison, of course, involves selective interpretation, and Trump’s decision to bring a third president into the campaign carries complications for all three –- and perhaps some irony for Trump, who, like Carter, was rejected by voters after one term.…….

Jimmy Carter is IMHO one of the best presidents the US have ever had. Imagine if he had won a second term, Then the US would be the world leader when it came to renewable energy. I was going to school in Tennesee during his presidency and living with family members there and I remember that I felt they were crazy because they went all in for Anderson.

Jimmy Carter is IMHO one of the best presidents the US have ever had. Imagine if he had won a second term, Then the US would be the world leader when it came to renewable energy. I was going to school in Tennesee during his presidency and living with family members there and I remember that I felt they were crazy because they went all in for Anderson.

I think he is one of the best men to ever be president.....His was not a very effective president as his cabinet was not the best....

I think he is one of the best men to ever be president.....His was not a very effective president as his cabinet was not the best....

The last few years there has definitely been a reevaluation of the Carter presidency with some people now thinking it was a lot more effective than it was given credit for

The last few years there has definitely been a reevaluation of the Carter presidency with some people now thinking it was a lot more effective than it was given credit for
    As far as on the basis of integrity, human decency and general character, Jimmy Carter was the best of all the modern presidents and it isn't even close.

Moronically, that was also why his own majority party in Congress and almost everyone in DC opposed him and made him look like a completely ineffectual president. Remember that Reagan and Bush stooped so low as to sabotage Carter's efforts to free the hostages in Iran, so that they could win the election.

No former president has ever done nearly as much to make the entire world a better place for everyone as Jimmy Carter has. From building homes with Habitat for Humanity and working from a place of respect and acceptance with people in Africa and Asia to nearly eradicate the Guinea worm.

Biden buying votes is getting expensive. Will this get overturned after the election too?

Biden ran on a promise to get rid of predatory student debt. He is fulfilling a campaign promise. It isn’t buying votes any more than any candidate who makes campaign promises. You are just posting ridiculous takes.

You don’t actually care about the cost of anything, you only care about your “team”. I know this because you don’t care about Trump’s wasteful spending which added more to the US debt than any democratic president ever did. You don’t care about it to the point you want to elect Trump again.

Biden ran on a promise to get rid of predatory student debt. He is fulfilling a campaign promise. It isn’t buying votes any more than any candidate who makes campaign promises. You are just posting ridiculous takes.

You don’t actually care about the cost of anything, you only care about your “team”. I know this because you don’t care about Trump’s wasteful spending which added more to the US debt than any democratic president ever did. You don’t care about it to the point you want to elect Trump again.

So? Trump admitted he knew Mexico wasn’t going to pay for the wall. Got anything to say about that?

I would say that Biden has done more to fulfill his promise about student debt than Trump ever did to either build a wall or make Mexico pay for it.

Biden buying votes is getting expensive.
    Biden isn't buying votes, unless every president buys votes, because every president does things that financially benefit people.

At least Biden isn't giving taxpayer money to billionaires like Trump did and is promising the billionaires he will do again if he wins.

SaintForLife doesn't genuinely have a problem with president's "buying votes" or he would have complained when Trump gave all that money to billionaires

What SaintForLife is actually upset about is that Biden is making good on a campaign promise and that increases the chances that Biden will win the election.

I encourage people to check out this book https://www.amazon.com/Caste-Origins-Discontents-Isabel-Wilkerson/dp/0593230256?tag=associatessrp-20.

SaintForLife is falling for the manipulations that oppressors use to divide and conquer us. What the poor fellow and MAGA devotees don't understand is that the top level oppressing caste will discard them if they ever get the power they seek.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom