General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

Look who woke up and chose populism today!

Winds out the North this morning.

When they switch to Easterly, you can find him on the Ukr/Russia thread

out the south, probably immigration thread...

Even it benefits the rich?
    This poster never complained about Trump benefiting the rich more than any other president ever has.

Why does this poster only have an issue with a president benefiting the rich when the president is a democrat?

Seems like double standards and tribalism to me.

Last edited:
    This poster never complained about Trump benefiting the rich more than any other president ever has.

Why does this poster only have an issue with a president benefiting the rich when the president is a democrat?

Seems like double standards and tribalism to me.

This specific talking point has been around for YEARS. It was originally extensively debated in leftist circles. I bet if you digged hard enough you can find some of us making the same points.

It's hilarious to see him desperately co-opt something like this just to make a dig.

It would be like all of us suddenly becoming anti-vax to criticize Trump's Operation Warpspeed.

People don’t seem to mind the idea of former President Donald Trump acting as a dictator, he told Time magazine in an interview that drew swift rebuke from the Biden-Harris campaign.

In a wide ranging interview given to the magazine — and shared by the 45th President Tuesday morning via his Truth Social media platform — Trump was asked to explain comments he made to Fox News host Sean Hannity, in which the former president said he would become a dictator on his first day in office.

“A lot of people like it,” Trump reportedly told Time.

As might be expected, President Joe Biden’s reelection team was quick to note the revelations contained in the interview and respond.

“Not since the Civil War have freedom and democracy been under assault at home as they are today – because of Donald Trump. Trump is willing to throw away the very idea of America to put himself in power,” Biden-Harris 2024 Spokesperson James Singer said in a statement.

“In his own words, he is promising to rule as a dictator on ‘day one,’ use the military against the American people, punish those who stand against him, condone violence done on his behalf, and put his own revenge and retribution ahead of what is best for America. Bottom line: Trump is a danger to the Constitution and a threat to our democracy,” Singer continued............

No matter what happened this November we'll be dealing with Trump undermining people's faith in elections for decades to come
    ============================================================

More than six months out from the presidential election, many Republican voters harbor deep doubts not only about whether President Joe Biden is fit for a second term — but also about whether he can even win re-election fair and square.

“I think that the powers that be on the Democratic side have figured out a way to circumvent democracy,” said Darlene Anastas, 69, of Middleborough, Massachusetts.

Poll after poll has found that a large proportion of the Republican electorate believes the only reasons Joe Biden is president are voter fraud and Democratic dirty tricks, buying into former President Donald Trump’s baseless claims about the 2020 election.

Trump continues to stoke those fires on the campaign trail.

He frequently airs false claims about his 2020 election performance and has leaned into defending his supporters who rioted at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. In an interview with Time this week, he said he would have trouble hiring anyone who believes Biden legitimately won in 2020: “I wouldn’t feel good about it.”

And on Wednesday, Trump said he may not accept the presidential election results this time either.

"If everything's honest, I'd gladly accept the results," Trump told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "If it's not, you have to fight for the right of the country."

The doubts Trump pushed last time around resulted in Jan. 6 and linger to this day. Now, there is a fresh cycle of skepticism, pushed again by Trump and many others in the Republican Party. And the views have firmly taken root with many of their followers, as interviews with 50 Republican voters across a dozen states showed.

The majority of voters who spoke with NBC News said they weren’t prepared to accept a Biden victory as legitimate, potentially setting up another presidential election — and potentially a volatile aftermath — in which a large part of the public refuses to believe the results.

Trump himself wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of violence around the election in his interview with Time: “If we don’t win, you know, it depends. It always depends on the fairness of the election.”

Democrats “cheat like crazy,” said George Crosby, 72, a veteran from Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire. “I think they cheated before, and I think they’re going to try to do it again, because they’re a bunch of communists.”.............

Last edited:
    No matter what happened this November we'll be dealing with Trump undermining people's faith in elections for decades to come
    ============================================================

More than six months out from the presidential election, many Republican voters harbor deep doubts not only about whether President Joe Biden is fit for a second term — but also about whether he can even win re-election fair and square.

“I think that the powers that be on the Democratic side have figured out a way to circumvent democracy,” said Darlene Anastas, 69, of Middleborough, Massachusetts.

Poll after poll has found that a large proportion of the Republican electorate believes the only reasons Joe Biden is president are voter fraud and Democratic dirty tricks, buying into former President Donald Trump’s baseless claims about the 2020 election.

Trump continues to stoke those fires on the campaign trail.

He frequently airs false claims about his 2020 election performance and has leaned into defending his supporters who rioted at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. In an interview with Time this week, he said he would have trouble hiring anyone who believes Biden legitimately won in 2020: “I wouldn’t feel good about it.”

And on Wednesday, Trump said he may not accept the presidential election results this time either.

"If everything's honest, I'd gladly accept the results," Trump told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "If it's not, you have to fight for the right of the country."

The doubts Trump pushed last time around resulted in Jan. 6 and linger to this day. Now, there is a fresh cycle of skepticism, pushed again by Trump and many others in the Republican Party. And the views have firmly taken root with many of their followers, as interviews with 50 Republican voters across a dozen states showed.

The majority of voters who spoke with NBC News said they weren’t prepared to accept a Biden victory as legitimate, potentially setting up another presidential election — and potentially a volatile aftermath — in which a large part of the public refuses to believe the results.

Trump himself wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of violence around the election in his interview with Time: “If we don’t win, you know, it depends. It always depends on the fairness of the election.”

Democrats “cheat like crazy,” said George Crosby, 72, a veteran from Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire. “I think they cheated before, and I think they’re going to try to do it again, because they’re a bunch of communists.”.............

He's damaged this country in so many ways, it's stomach turning that people want to return him to office.

As far as on the basis of integrity, human decency and general character, Jimmy Carter was the best of all the modern presidents and it isn't even close.

Moronically, that was also why his own majority party in Congress and almost everyone in DC opposed him and made him look like a completely ineffectual president. Remember that Reagan and Bush stooped so low as to sabotage Carter's efforts to free the hostages in Iran, so that they could win the election.

No former president has ever done nearly as much to make the entire world a better place for everyone as Jimmy Carter has. From building homes with Habitat for Humanity and working from a place of respect and acceptance with people in Africa and Asia to nearly eradicate the Guinea worm.
    I've heard that Reagan allegedly sabotaged the release of the Iranian hostages, and it is highly suspicious that they were released shortly after the election. With the later Iran-Contra scandal being discovered in 1986, it adds a lot of credibility to the allegation.

This reminds me a lot of Trump sabotaging the immigration bill to prevent Biden from getting credit for it. It may not be illegal, but it is just as unethical and immoral.

By the way, I think what we need in a thread is a pros and cons comparison of Biden vs Trump.

yes, but 300k isn't "the rich"
    I think there is a legitimate concern with cancelling student debt, especially for high earners. I think the student loan cancellation should be based on ability to pay. If you make $300k per year, you probably can afford to pay the loan. For lower earners, the amount of debt that is relieved should only be enough to limit the amount they have to pay based on their income. The loaners should be taken into account, otherwise loans will be less available in the future. The debt cancellations could have unintended consequences.

I think there is a legitimate concern with cancelling student debt, especially for high earners. I think the student loan cancellation should be based on ability to pay. If you make $300k per year, you probably can afford to pay the loan. For lower earners, the amount of debt that is relieved should only be enough to limit the amount they have to pay based on their income. The loaners should be taken into account, otherwise loans will be less available in the future. The debt cancellations could have unintended consequences.

I think all student debt should be eliminated, and college should be free for anyone who can make the grades to get a degree.

The availability of loans in the future shouldn't matter because college should be free. Everyone benefits form a more educated society.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom