/* */

General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

It seems the last thing you would want to do in an interview as mention and medical condition even if it’s within the realm of possibility if you’re trying to eliminate any concerns over your health, even if that is technically the honest and most accurate answer.

If the Dems get a new candidate, all you need is a few ads about Project 2025 and they’ll be in the lead.

Na, they'll talk about something they can't with Joe. Trump's own selinity, and incoherent ramblings. Joe's issues have overshadowed Trump's own. You can copy/paste all of the GOP talking points about Joe, and apply them to Trump with a younger candidate.

If Biden drops out expect to hear "Donald Trump would the be the oldest president ever. Why is he talking about sharks?"

Na, they'll talk about something they can't with Joe. Trump's own selinity, and incoherent ramblings. Joe's issues have overshadowed Trump's own. You can copy/paste all of the GOP talking points about Joe, and apply them to Trump with a younger candidate.

If Biden drops out expect to hear "Donald Trump would the be the oldest president ever. Why is he talking about sharks?"
    Take out ads on Amazon and run Trumps gaffs during breaks in shows.

Bruh... I just don't think they have a choice... between the elites and donors trying to stop the ship from sinking completely... and this sort of "enthusiasm" from base voters...

I don't think they have a choice... If they don't it's more likely... Dems voters stay home on Nov 6... and they lose the trifecta.
    That thing isn't a poll.

Read this about it:

My views are excluded according to their method. They exclude anyone with a P.O. Box address.

They arbitrarily exclude my views, I will just as arbitrary exclude their views.

Speaking for women who are pissed off about Roe, the push to outlaw IVF, the push to end no-fault divorce, the push to outlaw some forms of contraception, they won’t stay home. They will vote no matter who the nominee is. I would like to think men would be the same after seeing the GOP plan for women. It would be nice to think they realize what it means for women.

Not to get into a tiff on policy... Especially "reproductive policy" - I think to win "poor/ middle class independents and moderates" - which is what we are talking about if you want to win a Presidential election... That policy isn't going to move the needle like policies on the economy, public safety, regulation, community programs, education, and foreign/domestic policy will for them... If all those things are "gold".... then yeah maybe it goes there.... They are not "gold" right now.

No disrespect to your stance and/or passion for that issue... I get it... I'm a girl dad many times over... In fact, my BIL and I had a discussion about this... I asked him, outside of politics talk (which we don't do very much at all - and I expect most middle class moderates avoid them)... how many times have we talked about abortion, divorce, access to contraception, etc. for any reason with any of our loved ones or friends... or had that issue directly impact our lives or their lives...? The answer was zero...

The other stuff we live with daily... and gets brought up constantly without mention of politics prior.

Last edited:
    I think the "hate" for Trump is overestimated...
    I disagree. I point to the 2020 election. Joe Biden was not a good candidate. Record number of people didn't go to the polls to vote FOR Joe Biden. Joe Biden won in 2020 because a large number of people dislike Trump. That was before January 6th. Before all of the indictments. Before becoming a felon.

That's the real quandary the Dems are in right now. Their candidate looks so bad (today), that folks are willing to hold their nose and vote for Trump than take a chance on a feeble old man. I'm just so angry that we have such a weak candidate to go up against someone that needs to be kept out of the White House at all costs. And I'm a lifelong Republican......just turned independent this year. I'm not MAGA. I hate MAGA. We are so screwed!

“We don’t know who the Democrat nominee for Vice President is going to be, so we can’t lock in a date before their convention. To do so would be unfair to Gavin Newsom, JB Pritzker, Gretchen Whitmer, or whoever Kamala Harris picks as her running mate.”

So here's a question to my fellow Dems who insist on Biden staying the course... What if he decides to step aside? What do you do?
    I’m fine with it - as long as they have an actual plan and it doesn’t devolve into chaos and unlimited lawsuits. There isn’t a single pro-Biden person in here who hasn’t said they won’t vote for whoever the nominee is. Nobody in here is messing around with this election.

So here's a question to my fellow Dems who insist on Biden staying the course... What if he decides to step aside? What do you do?
    I'm not insisting he stay the course, but I do have doubts that there are any other viable courses to take -- especially if he insists upon staying the course, which I'm more or less resigned to him doing.

If he steps aside, I assume Kamala Harris will step into the role, in which case she'd have my vote, even though I'd have serious doubts about the viability of her candidacy as a minority woman. I'd be pleasantly surprised to find I'm underestimating my fellow Americans in this regard, but honestly think she'd be DOA as the candidate.

If they both step aside in favor of "new blood" and a new candidate is named at the convention, I'd support that candidate, though I'd have really serious doubts about the viability of that candidate, as they would need to establish a national presence in weeks while building a campaign and fundraising apparatus from scratch, while also having the legitimacy of their candidacy challenged both in the media and in court.

To flip the question around, as narrow as Joe Biden's path to victory is, what realistic paths to victory do you see that don't involve him?

To flip the question around, as narrow as Joe Biden's path to victory is, what realistic paths to victory do you see that don't involve him?
    Without knowing the nominee, it would be tough. I will say that if it's Kamala, I could possibly see her keeping Georgia (more of a dream). But I could see her keeping the Blue Wall and Arizona. I think she loses Nevada.

I think what scares me more is Biden losing not only the Blue Wall, but other normally blue states.

Not to get into a tiff on policy... Especially "reproductive policy" - I think to win "poor/ middle class independents and moderates" - which is what we are talking about if you want to win a Presidential election... That policy isn't going to move the needle like policies on the economy, public safety, regulation, community programs, education, and foreign/domestic policy will for them... If all those things are "gold".... then yeah maybe it goes there.... They are not "gold" right now.

No disrespect to your stance and/or passion for that issue... I get it... I'm a girl dad many times over... In fact, my BIL and I had a discussion about this... I asked him, outside of politics talk (which we don't do very much at all - and I expect most middle class moderates avoid them)... how many times have we talked about abortion, divorce, access to contraception, etc. for any reason with any of our loved ones or friends... or had that issue directly impact our lives or their lives...? The answer was zero...

The other stuff we live with daily... and gets brought up constantly without mention of politics prior.
    Reproductive autonomy is crucial to poor women. Absolutely crucial. Nothing matters more. And for women in abusive relationships it’s life and death.

Number 1 cause of death for pregnant women in US is murder. That could change, though, if we quit properly treating missed miscarriages and the like. (In half the states we’ve already stopped).

If i am head of the Democratic party, i am recruiting Kennedy asap. They are too busy with their woke sheet that they probably have already kicked the idea under the dirt. Seriously though. It’s a wildcard but I think only chance they have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom