/* */

General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

Oh this is going to be interesting, because the more powerful message. The old guy stepped aside for the good of the country, and peacefully handed power to a younger generation.

You get to hit on themes of Trump's coup, age, and selinity.

MAGA talking about elites is never going to carry anywhere outside of Trumpland.

After all, this is your candidate:

Luckily your candidate is a corpse or "what can be, unburdened by what has been."

I do not like Kennedy at all. I think if, and it's seeming more and more likely "when", Biden steps down, it's going to be near impossible to not nominate Kamala. However, in the all-chips-in interest of defeating Trump, what about Kennedy becoming Kamala's running mate? Not that I'm endorsing this... it's more like, "what if" and "does this give the best ticket to beat Trump"?
    NO!!! Kennedy is probably as much of a sociopath as Trump. Another trust fund person who has gotten away with everything he has ever done, has no discernible morals, and spouts dangerous conspiracy theories. He is a horrible person who should never be in charge of anything.

So do you want Biden to drop or not?

I'm so confused about Republican motivations right now.
    He desperately wants Biden to step aside. The only confusion is when he lies and says he does not. Just look at his spamming the board with all the crap that he does.

Donald Trump Jr has said that he wants “veto power” over hiring decisions to weed out the “bad actors” if his father wins a second term in the White House, according to a report.

The former president’s eldest son made the comments during an Axios event at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday. Trump Jr said while he doesn’t want a role for himself in a possible second Trump administration, he does want the power to “block the bad actors.”

“I don’t want to pick a single person for a position of power, all I want to do is block the guys that would be a disaster,” he told the outlet.

“I want to block the liars, I want to block the guys that are pretending they’re with you,” he added.

Trump Jr went on to say, “You guys pick the guy that’s right, I want a veto power to cut out each and every one of those people.”

He added one of the advantages of a second Trump term would be that “now we know” who may serve in the administration.

Trump Jr has previously argued on behalf of Republicans he supports, such as backing JD Vance as the vice presidential nominee.

Axios reported earlier this year that Trump Jr and Eric Trump have taken on significant roles in the planning for a possible second term. If Trump wins, the brothers are reportedly set to serve on the transition team checking prospective officials and members of staff for loyalty and ideology............

So what Jr is saying is that his dad isn’t capable of spotting liars, not capable of picking his own cabinet. Pretty bold move there.

It's called posting news. I know you are slow, but try to keep up.
    You sometimes post the same tweets multiple times, you post from the worst sources ever, even after it’s been pointed out they are not reliable (like Yashar), and you post things that other people have already posted. Plus we do have a news feed that comes with the site.

Who is that Governor? That Governor needs to be careful with the words he or she chooses. The incorrect grammar and such when pretending to be speaking as Kamala Harris could offend voters rather than attract them.
    So it’s not wrong because it’s racist, it’s wrong because it might offend voters? You need to make your peace with the people you have cast your lot with. Your buddy SFL saw exactly no issues with posting a racist diatribe from a supposed Governor, all unattributed from a Twitter poster.

This is MAGA, Steve. Think long and hard about whether you really want to be allied with these people.

Beau makes a good point that if Trump does not stick to his "unity" "more stately" messaging. He'll lose more votes than if he didn't try this messaging in the first place.

What's the over under that Trump can go over 100 days without repeatedly showing his true face between now and the election? Desperate plans made out of desperation often end disastrously. I'm very much confident Trump is going to Trump without making it two weeks. let alone 100 days.

Last edited:
    I follow Wendell Piece on X. His political posts recently have been interesting. The party will retain his vote, however I wonder if it will lose wallet share with these shenanigans.

So it’s not wrong because it’s racist, it’s wrong because it might offend voters? You need to make your peace with the people you have cast your lot with. Your buddy SFL saw exactly no issues with posting a racist diatribe from a supposed Governor, all unattributed from a Twitter poster.

This is MAGA, Steve. Think long and hard about whether you really want to be allied with these people.
    I knew I didn't have to use the word "racist" to get my point across.
    Both parties have people neither of us are happy with.
    It's always been like that.
    I'm just pointing it out to Saints For Life in case he wants to reflect on it.

Beau discusses how The Wall Street Journal, a conservative outlet, recently surveyed a group of the prominent economists and the consensus was that Biden's economic policies will be a lot better for everyday people than Trump's economic polices.

In a Wall Street Journal survey, economists see Trump’s plans to raise tariffs and crack down on illegal immigration as putting upward pressure on prices

Most economists believe inflation, deficits and interest rates would be higher during a second Trump administration than if Biden remains in the White House, according to a quarterly survey of forecasters by The Wall Street Journal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom