General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

Perhaps you're thinking of a pandet, (a wise man).

Take apart the word pun-dit. A pun is sort of a joke. And a dit is another term for a dot. Leaves you with a Joke + a period.

I could pun that period you know,,, but it would be a bit bloody.

The word "pundit" originates from the Sanskrit term "paṇḍita", which means "knowledge owner" or "learned man"

Not that it accurately describes those who predicted the election results, clearly, but calling them fools would just mean we’re all fools for ever taking a single poll at face value. Which we’ve all done. So.

Wow, a humongous hole in the ground filled with a gigantic bale of hay. Let's take apart that first sentence shall we???

"The Biden administration is implementing an executive order requiring every single executive agency to engage in registering & mobilizing the voters with whom it interacts, with a particular focus on minorities."

Thirty one words used to avoid telling me which executive order he's talking about to hinder my ability to look it up to confirm what he says. Or that it is BS he has just made up from thin air.

I just looked through a long list of Biden's executive orders but without the document number, or title of that order, I'm unable to find it, to confirm that this issue even exists.

It seems highly unlikely that this is real.

The word "pundit" originates from the Sanskrit term "paṇḍita", which means "knowledge owner" or "learned man"

Not that it accurately describes those who predicted the election results, clearly, but calling them fools would just mean we’re all fools for ever taking a single poll at face value. Which we’ve all done. So.
    Let me see if I understand your thesis. You think we must call them something. But it's not OK to call them what I called them, while insisting that we've all been what I called them. "So."

So that sounds like pragmatism to me.

When asked his opinion of "pragmatism," Sidney Morgenbesser once replied "It's all very well in theory but it doesn't work in practice." Then he went on to insist,"The only problem with pragmatism is that it's completely useless."

That was one fine pair of morgenbesserisms, here's more:

Morgenbesser was leaving a subway station in New York City and put his pipe in his mouth as he was ascending the steps. A police officer told him that there was no smoking on the subway. Morgenbesser pointed out that he was leaving the subway, not entering it, and hadn't lit up yet anyway. The cop repeated his injunction. Morgenbesser repeated his observation. After a few such exchanges, the cop saw he was beaten and fell back on the oldest standby of enfeebled authority: "If I let you do it, I'd have to let everyone do it."

To this the old professor replied, "Who do you think you are, Kant?" The word "Kant" was mistaken for a vulgar epithet and Morgenbesser had to explain that situation at the police station.

To B.F. Skinner, Morgenbesser said "Let me see if I understand your thesis. You think we shouldn’t anthropomorphize people?"

"Trump has the worst record on job losses of any President" Pelosi

Of course Pelosi wants to ignore that we were in a global pandemic and we lost 20 million jobs in one month(April 2020). Those jobs were lost because businesses were forced to shut down due to the pandemic. Trumps job record before the pandemic was fine.

Many of Biden’s supposed new jobs were just replacing the ones we lost from the pandemic. Any president would have seen similar types of job numbers.

Tur was right and no amount of propaganda from Pelosi changes that.
    You didn’t even listen to the very short video debunking what Tur said, did you? What you are saying is just false. There were facts aplenty in the very short video, but rather than bring your own facts, you’re just going to stick your fingers in your ears and go “nah-nah-nah”.

"Every participant whose party affiliation or political donation history could be identified by the Oversight Project was identified as a Democrat except for one Green Party member."

Why are there zero republican groups?
    I took a look at the paper you posted making that claim using the link in your post. I think I know now why they didn’t find any GOP groups. They posted a list of, and I quote, “left-wing organizations” who participated in this conference in 2021 (lol, still chuckling about this). Here are a few examples of these “left-wing” organizations:

AFL/CIO
    American Association of People with Disabilities
    American Bar Association
    Arab American Institute
    National Council of Jewish Women
    National Congress of American Indians
    YWCA-USA

It’s pretty clear to me that this paper (from The Heritage Foundation, no less) would classify everyone in the country as “left-wing”. Plus no where is it said that right wing organizations were excluded, you do realize that, right?

Honestly I always think you cannot top yourself with these crazy posts, and then you do. BTW, I didn’t read all 158 pages, most of it seemed to be transcripts from the conference. But they didn’t offer any proof of “party affiliation” or how they determined it. Wonder why? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤡🤡🤡

Let me see if I understand your thesis. You think we must call them something. But it's not OK to call them what I called them, while insisting that we've all been what I called them. "So."

So that sounds like pragmatism to me.

Hmmm

I’d review the thesis again. Not sure you’d find these claimed assertions on a second review.
    By the late 1800s, punditcould also refer to a member of what is sometimes called the commentariat or punditocracy—that is, the collective group of political commentators, financial analysts, and newspaper columnists often paid to share their views on a variety of subjects.

Last edited:
    Hmmm

I’d review the thesis again. Not sure you’d find these claimed assertions on a second review.

images

Seems we’re all polygons in a parrot’s world, overcomplicating things when simplicity would serve us better

Two weeks ago, President Joe Biden took aim at the Republicans’ 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and its provisions that are due to expire in 2025. He told electrical union workers, “It’s going to expire, and if I’m reelected it’s going to stay expired.”

Biden didn’t just violate his pledge to not raise taxes on anyone making under $400,000; he shattered it with his boast to the union crowd.

And, according to House Ways and Means Committee Republicans, if Congress fails to extend the Trump-era tax cuts, it means an average American family of four making $75,000 will get hit with a $1,500 tax increase. “Main Street businesses will face a 43.4 percent tax rate” and “working parents will suffer from a Child Tax Credit slashed in half” along with the standard deduction every taxpayer is due.
    yes we know trump is great for the economy record unemployment and job loss stock market crashes inflation sure wonderful. did great on the boarder too all those beautiful walls. yes another tax cut and add another 4 trillion to the debt.

I'm surprised you listed them. They are without a doubt a left wing group.
    American Association of People with Disabilities
    Founded in 1995, the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is a left-of-center nonprofit aimed at expanding the economic and political leverage of Americans with disabilities through programmatic and advocacy efforts. It partnered with left-of-center advocacy and “civic engagement” organizations including Alliance for Justice, Center for American Progress, and Color of Change on its 2020 Fannie Lou Hamer Leadership Program.
    American Bar Association
    Despite claiming to be nonpartisan, the ABA has supported and lobbied for a broad left-of-center agenda on issues including criminal justice policy, immigration, abortion, LGBT issues, and gun control.
    Arab American Institute
    The Arab American Institute (AAI) is a left-of-center organization which mobilizes Arab-American voters and promotes left-of-center foreign and domestic policies.
    National Council of Jewish Women
    The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) is an organization that supports left-of-center policy goals in the United States and Israel.
    National Congress of American Indians
    The NCAI receives grants from left-wing foundations like the Ford Foundation, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), and George Soros’ Open Society Foundations (OSF).
    The YWCA organization also engages in left-wing racial- and women’s-interest advocacy.
    It’s pretty clear to me that this paper (from The Heritage Foundation, no less) would classify everyone in the country as “left-wing”. Plus no where is it said that right wing organizations were excluded, you do realize that, right?

Honestly I always think you cannot top yourself with these crazy posts, and then you do. BTW, I didn’t read all 158 pages, most of it seemed to be transcripts from the conference. But they didn’t offer any proof of “party affiliation” or how they determined it. Wonder why? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤡🤡🤡
    Who's the clown now?

Here's two daily beast articles about the Kristi Noem's political vice presidential aspirations death.

That which Noem wrote in her book about killing her dog is a classic conservative way issue. I was raised under those societal rules. It was something taught, one is responsible for their critters.

One is obligated to shoot and kill them to protect other livestock and people if they misbehave. The usual form of misbehaving is a dog who kills some chickens at home or at a neighbors place, or unnecessarily runs livestock around a pasture for fun.

They are killed. One is also obligated under personal responsibility to put them down when they get old and are in too much pain.

Liberals take pets to the vet to be put down, rural conservative people do it themselves as an act of tough love. Based on what I am seeing I think there must be some other hidden actual issue that has the republicans pounding her down about this point.

Gee I wonder what that horrible problem they suddenly have with her could be??? Liberals are talking about this, but so are the Republicans. The Republicans are going further about it though. At this point she could even run for county dog catcher in Republican country.

I have an idea what it is. Perhaps she had a facelift and other cosmetic surgery done on her face in preparation for this election, so she would look young and crisp. But maybe that surgery was a disaster which left her looking kind of like a puffer fish when it comes to her suddenly huge lips and puffy face. I've noticed that many of the media outfits are using old photos of her when they are talking about her puppy killing, but a few of the newer photos are showing up.

It's kind of like Don Jr's. current girlfriend, she has achieved the puffer fish look through disastrous cosmetic surgery results.

What the hell is it with the puffer fish lips, why are women doing that, and making their butts big, that's weird as well.

Men don't have to deal with this kind of thing.

If Trump gets convicted that is it right? Can't states legally kick him off the ballot at that point? What's the supreme court going to do? How crazy would it be for them to rule felons can run for President, but can't vote?

I'm surprised you listed them. They are without a doubt a left wing group.

Founded in 1995, the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is a left-of-center nonprofit aimed at expanding the economic and political leverage of Americans with disabilities through programmatic and advocacy efforts. It partnered with left-of-center advocacy and “civic engagement” organizations including Alliance for Justice, Center for American Progress, and Color of Change on its 2020 Fannie Lou Hamer Leadership Program.

Despite claiming to be nonpartisan, the ABA has supported and lobbied for a broad left-of-center agenda on issues including criminal justice policy, immigration, abortion, LGBT issues, and gun control.

The Arab American Institute (AAI) is a left-of-center organization which mobilizes Arab-American voters and promotes left-of-center foreign and domestic policies.

The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) is an organization that supports left-of-center policy goals in the United States and Israel.

The NCAI receives grants from left-wing foundations like the Ford Foundation, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), and George Soros’ Open Society Foundations (OSF).

The YWCA organization also engages in left-wing racial- and women’s-interest advocacy.

Who's the clown now?
    You really don’t want me to answer that, do you? 🤡 If the red rubber nose fits….

When Americans go to the polls in November, they will be choosing a president — and, depending on the results of the election, setting up a replay of 2020’s post-election chaos. We need to face that fact now and acknowledge the likelihood that we will be in for another national trauma in about six months.

Some people, like Georgetown Professor Rosa Brooks, are less worried about what may happen in 2024 than about what happened in 2020, when Donald Trump was in the White House. As Brooks puts it, “an incumbent has a level of coercive power that a candidate (like Trump) just does not have.”

Brooks expects this year, “with Biden still in office, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security would be successful in keeping any political violence from getting out of control.”

Or, as an analysis in The Washington Post says, if Trump loses “he won’t be the incumbent president he was in 2020, debating about the federal government seizing voting machines, reportedly entertaining conversations about imposing martial law, using the presidential megaphone to convince his supporters that rampant voter fraud stole a second term from him.”

But even the Post concedes that Trump “will still have an unusually strong bond with his followers. Some of the 2021 rioters said he motivated them, raising questions of what he might do if defeated in 2024.”

In fact, Trump is leaving little to the imagination about what he might do after the election, and Americans cannot afford to be complacent about what might unfold.

Trump has made clear that 2024 will be a high-stakes election. “This is the final battle. … Either they win, or we win.”

He has ominously predicted that “If we don’t win this election, I don’t think you’re going to have another election in this country,”

And more than a year ago, Trump refused to commit to accept the results of the 2024 presidential election. At that time, the former president said he would only accept the 2024 results if he believes no voter fraud occurred. “If I think it’s an honest election,” he said, “I would be honored to.”

In the last few days, Donald Trump again has signaled that, whatever the results of the election, he will not go down without a fight.

In an interview with Time published last Tuesday, Trump tried to sidestep the question about what he would do if he lost while reciting his familiar litany of complaints about 2020.

“Well, I do think we’re gonna win. We’re way ahead. I don’t think they’ll be able to do the things that they did the last time, which were horrible. Absolutely horrible. So many, so many different things they did, which were in total violation of what was supposed to be happening. And you know that, and everybody knows that. We can recite them, go down a list that would be an arm’s long. But I don’t think we’re going to have that. I think we’re going to win.”

He then acknowledged that he might not concede if he lost. As he put it, “And if we don’t win, you know, it depends. It always depends on the fairness of an election.”

This is a reminder that in Trump’s world there seem to be only two possible election results. If he wins, the election is fair. If he loses, it is rigged...............

With this race a dead heat, how crappy is Joe Biden as a candidate? How can a buffoon with 90 criminal counts against him garner half of the vote? There's no way these polls can be accurate. There's no way a majority of voters in this country will put this mad man back into the White House......not with all that's happened.

Right?

With this race a dead heat, how crappy is Joe Biden as a candidate? How can a buffoon with 90 criminal counts against him garner half of the vote? There's no way these polls can be accurate. There's no way a majority of voters in this country will put this mad man back into the White House......not with all that's happened.

Right?

This is similar to what we said in 2016 - "Do people hate Hillary that much? How can so many people vote for someone who clearly and obviously doesn't have the qualifications or temperament to be President of the United States?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom