General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

I am interested to see the next polls that come out in the race for President. I'm biased, but the "look" going on right now has Biden in so much more of a "Presidential" and "positive" vibe compared to DJT. All of the D-Day memorials. Biden's messages.......both the "save democracy" and the "look how different I am that my opponent" should hit the undecided voters hard. Biden's commercial on how Trump calls fallen heroes - losers, is very powerful, too.

If Biden can't get traction after this week, I don't know what will propel him. Just going off of the eye and ear test, there is no contest in this Presidential race. I'm still flummoxed that Trump has such a large following. It defies logic and common sense.

I am interested to see the next polls that come out in the race for President. I'm biased, but the "look" going on right now has Biden in so much more of a "Presidential" and "positive" vibe compared to DJT. All of the D-Day memorials. Biden's messages.......both the "save democracy" and the "look how different I am that my opponent" should hit the undecided voters hard. Biden's commercial on how Trump calls fallen heroes - losers, is very powerful, too.

If Biden can't get traction after this week, I don't know what will propel him. Just going off of the eye and ear test, there is no contest in this Presidential race. I'm still flummoxed that Trump has such a large following. It defies logic and common sense.
    I don’t put too much faith in the polls. His following is shrinking per my own anecdotal experience. Nobody new will be persuaded to go toward Trump, not after his conviction, not after his pandemic response, not after his stealing of classified documents and not after Jan 6. A significant percentage have actually been dissuaded by the above. Add in women who are motivated by losing their personal freedoms, and there is just no way this is that close. At all.

I don’t put too much faith in the polls. His following is shrinking per my own anecdotal experience. Nobody new will be persuaded to go toward Trump, not after his conviction, not after his pandemic response, not after his stealing of classified documents and not after Jan 6. A significant percentage have actually been dissuaded by the above. Add in women who are motivated by losing their personal freedoms, and there is just no way this is that close. At all.
    Republicans are stronger at messaging. The 2 main issues are the economy and immigration. They say everyday that the economy is terrible, despite all evidence being to the contrary. Inflation and interest rates are the main sources of consternation, but inflation is way down to just over 3%, and interest rates are still very low historically. The fed was going to lower the rate and inflation will continue to decline, so both of these should be mitigated before the election. Wages are rising faster than inflation and income inequality is lessening. Unemployment is near historic lows. We avoided a recession that hit most of the world.

Republicans block every effort to improve the immigration problem. The Biden EO should help. Democrats need to keep reminding people that Republicans wouldn’t even take up a vote on the bi-partisan immigration bill the senate passed and Biden backed.

We’ll see if these facts gets through. It’s hard to believe the polls could be accurate. The abortion issue should draw out a lot more democratic voters, and I bet WHEN the polls are proven wrong, I think pollsters will say Democrats turned out their voters.

I sure hope you’re right. If you’re wrong I hope Trump crashes the ship so bad that it ushers in a golden liberal renaissance.

I sure hope you’re right. If you’re wrong I hope Trump crashes the ship so bad that it ushers in a golden liberal renaissance.
    If Trump wins, I still want things to go well, but I doubt they will. My main hope is that he fails to destroy democracy with his vengeance and undermining checks and balances. I also hope he fails to degrade rights. I suspect he’ll widen the wealth gap, increase our deficit, cut climate Legislation, hurt our western alliances, and stop helping Ukraine.

Republicans are stronger at messaging. The 2 main issues are the economy and immigration. They say everyday that the economy is terrible, despite all evidence being to the contrary. Inflation and interest rates are the main sources of consternation, but inflation is way down to just over 3%, and interest rates are still very low historically. The fed was going to lower the rate and inflation will continue to decline, so both of these should be mitigated before the election. Wages are rising faster than inflation and income inequality is lessening. Unemployment is near historic lows. We avoided a recession that hit most of the world.

Republicans block every effort to improve the immigration problem. The Biden EO should help. Democrats need to keep reminding people that Republicans wouldn’t even take up a vote on the bi-partisan immigration bill the senate passed and Biden backed.

We’ll see if these facts gets through. It’s hard to believe the polls could be accurate. The abortion issue should draw out a lot more democratic voters, and I bet WHEN the polls are proven wrong, I think pollsters will say Democrats turned out their voters.

Wages have outpaced inflation for the last 12-months. Yet, the media and Rs are still talking inflation. R messaging is simplistic which is why it's effective: Biden=old, abortion=murder, inflation=ongoing, immigrants=danger, taxes=bad, economy=weak. Ds have to sell incremental improvements while finding the middle on issues. That's harder but better for America.

At least this guy wised up.

I think we’ll see and hear more of this as we get through the conventions and settle into the lead up to November, when more people are really paying attention.

But it’s also easy to forget that most people aren’t regularly discussing politics online, don’t otherwise broadcast their views, and aren’t taking polls and surveys. I think the concern about Trump runs very deep at this point, but a lot of people who are turning away from him are in social circles where it’s better to stay quieter about that.

Wages have outpaced inflation for the last 12-months. Yet, the media and Rs are still talking inflation. R messaging is simplistic which is why it's effective: Biden=old, abortion=murder, inflation=ongoing, immigrants=danger, taxes=bad, economy=weak. Ds have to sell incremental improvements while finding the middle on issues. That's harder but better for America.

Yet there is this...

Respectfully, Steve, that YouTube channel is garbage. I don’t know who that guy is, all he puts out there is “Benny”. But a quick perusal of his YouTube channel shows a whole lot of lying about Jan 6 - as in this particular show, where he makes a lot of completely false statements about Hunter Biden and Jan 6 and features Clay Higgins, which just shows you how far out there he is.

Given the lack of truthfulness on his feed, looking back at the video you posted, if you notice he tries to say that those were MSNBC interviews, yet there is no logo present anywhere in any of the clips. He also says there were 25,000 people at Trump’s Bronx rally, which is a lie. Permit was for 3,500, crowd estimates from law enforcement were 8,000-10,000.

Don’t watch YouTube videos from liars and then try to draw any conclusions from them. Garbage in-garbage out is an old data analysis saying and it holds true here.

Polls in Europe were also off - and favoring the far right wing. Polls are broken right now.

Respectfully, Steve, that YouTube channel is garbage. I don’t know who that guy is, all he puts out there is “Benny”. But a quick perusal of his YouTube channel shows a whole lot of lying about Jan 6 - as in this particular show, where he makes a lot of completely false statements about Hunter Biden and Jan 6 and features Clay Higgins, which just shows you how far out there he is.

Given the lack of truthfulness on his feed, looking back at the video you posted, if you notice he tries to say that those were MSNBC interviews, yet there is no logo present anywhere in any of the clips. He also says there were 25,000 people at Trump’s Bronx rally, which is a lie. Permit was for 3,500, crowd estimates from law enforcement were 8,000-10,000.

Don’t watch YouTube videos from liars and then try to draw any conclusions from them. Garbage in-garbage out is an old data analysis saying and it holds true here.

Thank you for educating me on that "channel".
    I accept all of your points that you made to me.
    Having said that, I still feel the people featured in the video are "real people" who were expressing their "real thoughts-feelings"

Having said that, I still feel the people featured in the video are "real people" who were expressing their "real thoughts-feelings"
    Yeah, there were people at a Trump rally who support Trump.

His Nevada rally today seems to have been a doozy. He suggested that people would (should?) commit suicide rather than vote for Biden, said he didn’t care about the people, just their votes, and went into a weird rant about electric motors on boats and sharks. Oh, and he also called Jack Smith a “dumb son of a birch”. He’s losing it, IMO, but the media just ignores it.

Polls in Europe were also off - and favoring the far right wing. Polls are broken right now.

I think there is some tampering happening with the polls from outside of the groups conducting the polls. It can't be a coincidence that polls all across the globe are consistently showing extreme right candidates to have more support than they actually have on election day. Somethings up and I don't think it's just an internal issue with the methodology of all of the world's pollsters.

Biden does not have 100% support from the country, so of course anyone can find lots of "real people" who will say they don't like or support Biden, or that Biden's policies and actions are hurting them.

That's true for every candidate that has ever run for any and all offices in the country.

Showing people speaking critically of Trump or of Biden does not prove anything one way or another on how the election will turn out. The polls aren't a good indication either. We won't know until the votes are cast and counted.

I have a lot of faith that a comfortable majority of Americans dislike Trump a lot more than they dislike Biden. It's just that the Trump likers are very relentlessly vocal and in your face about praising the greatness of Trump and the terribleness of Biden. and they have no problem lying to support Trump and to tear down Biden.

Biden does not have 100% support from the country, so of course anyone can find lots of "real people" who will say they don't like or support Biden, or that Biden's policies and actions are hurting them.

That's true for every candidate that has ever run for any and all offices in the country.

Showing people speaking critically of Trump or of Biden does not prove anything one way or another on how the election will turn out. The polls aren't a good indication either. We won't know until the votes are cast and counted.

I have a lot of faith that a comfortable majority of Americans dislike Trump a lot more than they dislike Biden. It's just that the Trump likers are very relentlessly vocal and in your face about praising the greatness of Trump and the terribleness of Biden. and they have no problem lying to support Trump and to tear down Biden.
    Many people have no problem telling lies to support their candidate. I was only focused on the specific people in the video, and in their mind they were just telling their truths...sharing their feelings. THOSE people were not telling lies.

Many people have no problem telling lies to support their candidate. I was only focused on the specific people in the video, and in their mind they were just telling their truths...sharing their feelings. THOSE people were not telling lies.
    C'mon Steve. It should have been obvious from the flow of the conversation that I was talking about Trump lying, his surrogates lying and many of the content providers lying, falsely representing the people they interview and sometimes paying people to say what they want them to say.

Neither of us know if the people in the video were following a script they were given or speaking their truth.

I work in film and television as a writer, so I know better than to assume that things are as they appear to be in a video. It's really easy to take things out of context, stage things, and flat out fake things. @MT15 pointed out to you that the content provider that you posted the video from is known to post deceptive videos.

I'm not saying the people in the video are being deceptive. What I am saying is that you and I don't know that they were being honest either. It's even possible those people that were in that video don't even really exist at all. We can't just believe every video we see, just because we agree with and want to believe what we are seeing.

Telling lies? No. However, if they are making statements based upon assertions which means without evidence then they should expect challenges. Furthermore, if they are making statements based upon untruths then their statements may be considered to be false.

The use of the phrase “their truths” is rationalization. Truth means true. If their truths are untrue then they have issues which can include being challenged. Feelings are irrelevant. A better phrase is beliefs. Though beliefs are subject to challenge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom