General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

For Republicans who support and enable Trump? If you do vote down ballot for Republicans who support and enable Trump, you might as well go ahead and vote for Trump too while you're at it.
    I won’t shame anyone for not voting for Trump, but voting Republican down ballot. Trump is the true danger, so I hope there are many more like Steve. If Trump loses, he will no longer have any leverage, so it doesn’t matter if every other MAGA candidate wins. The movement will fizzle without Trump, who will probably be convicted for more serious crimes after the election. Republicans may become more normal when he leaves the picture, since it will be proven that that level of crassness doesn’t succeed.

Despite being told that the economy is great people can see that it's not by how much more we have to spend on everything and working multiple jobs is another indicator of bad economy.

well then maybe you can stop corporations from ripping Americans off. they saw an opportunity during COVID-19 to do it If Trump had handled it better maybe it would not have happened.

I won’t shame anyone for not voting for Trump, but voting Republican down ballot. Trump is the true danger,,,
    Trump is very little danger at all without the support and enabling of Republicans in Congress. Put those same Republicans right back into Congress and they will create the same dangers without Trump.

I know it gives a false sense of comfort to blame all the problems and threats on Trump, but that is not grounded in reality.

Trump is not president right now, so he has no power. Look at how much damage and danger the Republicans in Congress are creating for the country. One of those Republicans will eventually rise to power and the other Republicans in Congress will support and enable them.

The only way out of danger is to strip power and influence away from the entire Republican party. Voting down ballot for Republicans who support and enable Trump gives them power in Congress which is just as bad as voting for Donald Trump.

I'm tired of the false senses of comfort and safety. I'm tired of pretending that not voting for Trump makes it okay to vote for down ballot Republicans that have supported and enable Trump. It is not okay to do that if one honestly cares more about removing the threats to our democracy than they do their wallets.

I'd rather be poor in a democratic and free country, than wealthy in an fascist and oppressive country. Everyone else is free to make whatever choice they want, but they can't pretend their choice is not what it actually is.

Last edited:
    You still have to fight the good fight.
    It's their JOB.
    but it was like a huge agricultural sprinkler spray shirt everywhere no one could keep up. they could not keep up with his lies either. if you can't wow them with science baffle them with shirt.

For Republicans who support and enable Trump? If you do vote down ballot for Republicans who support and enable Trump, you might as well go ahead and vote for Trump too while you're at it.
    I am in the blue state of NJ so if I vote R exclusively my candidates will likely lose. I won't let that stop me though.

Trump is very little danger at all without the support and enabling of Republicans in Congress. Put those same Republicans right back into Congress and they will create the same dangers without Trump.

I know it gives a false sense of comfort to blame all the problems and threats on Trump, but that is not grounded in reality.

Trump is not president right now, so he has no power. Look at how much damage and danger the Republicans in Congress are creating for the country. One of those Republicans will eventually rise to power and the other Republicans in Congress will support and enable them.

The only way out of danger is to strip power and influence away from the entire Republican party. Voting down ballot for Republicans who support and enable Trump gives them power in Congress which is just as bad as voting for Donald Trump.

I'm tired of the false senses of comfort and safety. I'm tired of pretending that not voting for Trump makes it okay to vote for down ballot Republicans that have supported and enable Trump. It is not okay to do that if one honestly cares more about removing the threats to our democracy than they do their wallets.

I'd rather be poor in a democratic and free country, than wealthy in an fascist and oppressive country. Everyone else is free to make whatever choice they want, but they can't pretend their choice is not what it actually is.
    I agree that there are plenty of other crass Republicans like McConnell, but none are as dangerous as Trump. He’s an existential threat. Got to beat him, them can turn our focus on other lesser threats. It’s true that another similar threat may emerge, but we’ll deal with that should it happen. Hopefully democracy will be strengthened after he leaves the scene, but there may not be a chance if he doesn’t. You’re not going to convince most Republicans to vote for Democrats. I view it as a victory for democracy if they just don’t vote for Trump. If Democracy survives, the problems created by the other Republicans can be changed with votes.

Despite being told that the economy is great people can see that it's not by how much more we have to spend on everything and working multiple jobs is another indicator of bad economy.

Wages have gone up. Real wages after inflation. And they've gone up fastest for the lowest incomes. There are numbers behind this. We know this for a fact.

I agree that there are plenty of other crass Republicans like McConnell, but none are as dangerous as Trump.
    This is factually false. On Jan 6th, if Trump does not have premeditated support from Republicans in Congress to stall the vote to give his insurrections time to breach the Capitol, then Jan 6th does not happen.

Trump can not be any more dangerous than the Republicans let him be. Trump is only dangerous because the Republicans embrace, support and enable the danger that he poses.

No one person, including Trump, can be a danger to an entire government and society at large. It takes a group effort and the multitudes of Republicans that want to rip up the Constitution and oppressively dominate us are the threat, Trump is just a cog in the machine.

Again, I know there's a false sense of security gained from thinking, if we just keep Trump from being elected again, then the threat to our freedom and way of life goes away and we all live happily ever after.

That is a fairy tale and is not grounded in reality at all. Trump could say, "you know what, screw this noise, I'm done" and walk away into the sunset as you read this and we would be in just as much danger because the Republicans will not stop just because Trump calls it quits.

The Republicans have been working toward the goal of making us a heterosexual white Christian male dominated fascist nation long before Trump and if they keep getting voted into Congress, they will continue to push their agenda to make us that fascist nation with or without Trump. They ain't quitting just because Trump ain't president. I mean, the House Republicans have shown that to be true several times over in the last year.

Leonard Leo has been slowly stacking the Supreme Court for decades to enact his vision of turning the US into a Catholic fascist nation. Leo has more quiet influence over the Republicans than Trump actually does, he's just too smart to draw public attention to himself like Trump does. Leo ain't done and he's going to keep going with or without Trump. Leo picked Trump's Supreme Court justices, not Trump.

The Republican party as a whole is the actual existential threat. Trump is part of that existential threat, but Trump is not that existential threat if he's acting alone.

Slaying Trump will not save our village.

Wages have gone up. Real wages after inflation. And they've gone up fastest for the lowest incomes. There are numbers behind this. We know this for a fact.
    And yet Trump leads Biden on who voters trust on the handling of the economy in polls.

This is factually false. On Jan 6th, if Trump does not have premeditated support from Republicans in Congress to stall the vote to give his insurrections time to breach the Capitol, then Jan 6th does not happen.

Trump can not be any more dangerous than the Republicans let him be. Trump is only dangerous because the Republicans embrace, support and enable the danger that he poses.

No one person, including Trump, can be a danger to an entire government and society at large. It takes a group effort and the multitudes of Republicans that want to rip up the Constitution and oppressively dominate us are the threat, Trump is just a cog in the machine.

Again, I know there's a false sense of security gained from thinking, if we just keep Trump from being elected again, then the threat to our freedom and way of life goes away and we all live happily ever after.

That is a fairy tale and is not grounded in reality at all. Trump could say, "you know what, screw this noise, I'm done" and walk away into the sunset as you read this and we would be in just as much danger because the Republicans will not stop just because Trump calls it quits.

The Republicans have been working toward the goal of making us a heterosexual white Christian male dominated fascist nation long before Trump and if they keep getting voted into Congress, they will continue to push their agenda to make us that fascist nation with or without Trump. They ain't quitting just because Trump ain't president. I mean, the House Republicans have shown that to be true several times over in the last year.

Leonard Leo has been slowly stacking the Supreme Court for decades to enact his vision of turning the US into a Catholic fascist nation. Leo has more quiet influence over the Republicans than Trump actually does, he's just too smart to draw public attention to himself like Trump does. Leo ain't done and he's going to keep going with or without Trump. Leo picked Trump's Supreme Court justices, not Trump.

The Republican party as a whole is the actual existential threat. Trump is part of that existential threat, but Trump is not that existential threat if he's acting alone.

Slaying Trump will not save our village.
    I hate that Republicans work to turn us into a facist state, but those are reversible as long as Democracy survives. The immediate problem is that Trump has enough support to overthrow Democracy. All of the support Trump gets from Republicans is because he has so much support among that constituency, and Republicans think they need his support to win. They are scared to oppose him, because there have been examples of seemingly very popular Republicans like Romney, Liz Cheney, and possibly Hogan getting beaten after turning on Trump. The most immediate battle is beating him, even if most of his minions win. Once Trump is gone, the fever will be reduced enough to keep the patient alive.

You may not consider it a victory, but I will consider it a victory if Trump loses, and any other far right losses will be gravy. I want the focus, resources and incentives to be on beating Trump. We have a better chance of that if we can get many more people to vote against Trump, regardless of whatever and whoever else they vote for.

People believe the economy is bad because it takes time to see the truth after a storm has caused damage. Truth is dying.
    People believe the economy is bad because everything costs way more nowadays and a record amount of people are working multiple jobs.

And yet Trump leads Biden on who voters trust on the handling of the economy in polls.
    People believe the economy is bad because it takes time to see the truth after a storm has caused damage. Truth and perceptions/opinions don’t match yet.

The immediate problem is that Trump has enough support to overthrow Democracy.
    Trump needs support to overthrow our democracy, he cannot do it alone.

The support that Trump need and has to overthrow our democracy comes from the Republicans in Congress. Trump can not achieve what he wants without their help.

Trump doesn't need to be president for the Republicans in Congress to help him overthrow our democracy.

Keeping Trump out of the presidency will not be enough to save our democracy, we also have to vote the Republicans out of Congress, because they are the ones who also want to overthrow our democracy and they have the most power to actually do it. They don't need Trump to be president to do it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom