General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

C'mon Steve. It should have been obvious from the flow of the conversation that I was talking about Trump lying, his surrogates lying and many of the content providers lying, falsely representing the people they interview and sometimes paying people to say what they want them to say.

Neither of us know if the people in the video were following a script they were given or speaking their truth.

I work in film and television as a writer, so I know better than to assume that things are as they appear to be in a video. It's really easy to take things out of context, stage things, and flat out fake things. @MT15 pointed out to you that the content provider that you posted the video from is known to post deceptive videos.

I'm not saying the people in the video are being deceptive. What I am saying is that you and I don't know that they were being honest either. It's even possible those people that were in that video don't even really exist at all. We can't just believe every video we see, just because we agree with and want to believe what we are seeing.
    Whether those videos Steve posted are of actors are legit feelings, I think there are too many people that believe those things, because inflation and immigration are the top concerns of voters, and Democrats are getting blamed. If people would realize that Republicans are stopping immigration reform and the U.S.'s inflation has not only declined to near normal levels, but should continue to decline no matter who they vote for, then perhaps these voters would use other factors to decide who to vote for, and I think almost all factors favor Biden.

Biden's biggest mistake is announcing he is going to tax big business. He should have waited until after the election. I think this more than anything will sink his chances. Even though the majority causes of our massive debt are corporate/wealthy tax cuts, the American voter can never be convinced it's good to raise taxes.

Biden's biggest mistake is announcing he is going to tax big business. He should have waited until after the election. I think this more than anything will sink his chances. Even though the majority causes of our massive debt are corporate/wealthy tax cuts, the American voter can never be convinced it's good to raise taxes.

If he's going to do it, go all the way like Bernie. Class war? You damn right. Which side are you on Mr and Mrs Blue-collar?

I disagree. I don’t even think that it is a mistake, much less his biggest mistake. There are plenty of people that understand that taxes are necessary, and there are few democrats or independents that will oppose this proposal.

Last edited:
    Those same corporations own television and internet media. They aren't going to sit back and let Biden claw away their profits. You can already see their reaction in the way they give egregious passes to Trump's public behavior, while lending credence or amplifying any minor gaff of Biden's real or imagined. Biden won't get the votes with no favorable media coverage.

Telling lies? No. However, if they are making statements based upon assertions which means without evidence then they should expect challenges. Furthermore, if they are making statements based upon untruths then their statements may be considered to be false.

The use of the phrase “their truths” is rationalization. Truth means true. If their truths are untrue then they have issues which can include being challenged. Feelings are irrelevant. A better phrase is beliefs. Though beliefs are subject to challenge.
    "Feelings are irrelevant" except when people vote.
    If people "feel" they were better off during Trump's 4 years than they were during Biden's 4 years...then they will vote for Trump.
    In case anyone is new...I will vote for no one.
    I'll just vote down ballot.

Biden does not have 100% support from the country, so of course anyone can find lots of "real people" who will say they don't like or support Biden, or that Biden's policies and actions are hurting them.

That's true for every candidate that has ever run for any and all offices in the country.

Showing people speaking critically of Trump or of Biden does not prove anything one way or another on how the election will turn out. The polls aren't a good indication either. We won't know until the votes are cast and counted.

I have a lot of faith that a comfortable majority of Americans dislike Trump a lot more than they dislike Biden. It's just that the Trump likers are very relentlessly vocal and in your face about praising the greatness of Trump and the terribleness of Biden. and they have no problem lying to support Trump and to tear down Biden.
    when a black person says something negative about other black people, the right will jump on that hard.. SEE! SEE! same with an immagrant saying negative about other immagrants..SEE!SEE!
    But when a white person says something negatibe about other whites WOKE!!!WOKE!!! WOKE!!..

"Feelings are irrelevant" except when people vote.
    If people "feel" they were better off during Trump's 4 years than they were during Biden's 4 years...then they will vote for Trump.
    In case anyone is new...I will vote for no one.
    I'll just vote down ballot.
    In the discussion we were having about lying it is important to be accurate. Imo, the more accurate term is belief. Feelings tend to the superficial. So does belief but belief also dives much deeper. It is far harder to change the mind of someone who says that they “believe” something than to change the mind of someone who likes something.

As for Biden? If the problem is abortion I understand it. I may not agree but I understand. That being said pro-life doesn’t ends at birth. A social safety net that helps parents and children is pro-life. Cutting spending for families and children is not pro-life. Not expanding Medicaid is not pro-life. The RW as a whole is not pro-life. They are anti-abortion which is their right. The RW claiming to be pro-life is intellectually dishonest.

70 MILLION Americans voted for this dude.

Those MAGA faithful have convinced TRUMP that is meandering streams of consciousness are actually intelligent discourse instead of steaming piles unintelligible crap coming from a man losing his grip of reality. And the media largely ignores it.

Biden should do one of those on purpose (mock impersonate Trump) to watch the media lose its' shirt. Then release a video that he recorded beforehand saying it was all a hoax to gage media reaction and put it back on the media why they aren't reacting to that way to Trump's constant incoherence.

Those MAGA faithful have convinced TRUMP that is meandering streams of consciousness are actually intelligent discourse instead of steaming piles unintelligible crap coming from a man losing his grip of reality. And the media largely ignores it.

Biden should do one of those on purpose (mock impersonate Trump) to watch the media lose its' shirt. Then release a video that he recorded beforehand saying it was all a hoax to gage media reaction and put it back on the media why they aren't reacting to that way to Trump's constant incoherence.
    I like it

It would only work if the pre recording video is released either during this speech or immediately afterward so people won't say it was recorded long after as damage control

Jimmy Kimmel kind of did this on his show. They told Trump supporters they were quoting Joe Biden, and then after the Trumpers said that it showed Biden was out of his mind they revealed that it was actually Trump's words, at which point they came up with reasons for why it was then excusable.

Starts about 9 minutes in on the video...

the media used to react that way but when one steaming pile fell before the other dried it was a losing race. it's just pointless at some point.

Jimmy Kimmel kind of did this on his show. They told Trump supporters they were quoting Joe Biden, and then after the Trumpers said that it showed Biden was out of his mind they revealed that it was actually Trump's words, at which point they came up with reasons for why it was then excusable.

Starts about 9 minutes in on the video...

That's clever. Good job by Kimmel!

Despite being told that the economy is great people can see that it's not by how much more we have to spend on everything and working multiple jobs is another indicator of bad economy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom