2020 Presidential Debate - Round 1 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well I guess if we still have a democracy by then, we have a great educational video to teach high school debate students about the gishgallop

Seriously though, it is really frightening how causally every media station I am tuning to is trying to launder this like any other debate.

The United States President spent 10 minutes attempting to undermine our core democratic process to lay the groundwork to steal an election and incite violence!!!!

And it is forking radio silence. We are truly forked

I think Biden's biggest takeaway's are showing that he isn't senile (granted I'm not putting him up as a paragon of mental acuity and policy knowledge), and I thought he strongly came out as not being in favor of chaos and burning down the cities - although I didn't like his response in that section, it should alleviate some concerns that people who didn't know his policies might have.

Seriously though, it is really frightening how causally every media station I am tuning to is trying to launder this like any other debate.

The United States President spent 10 minutes attempting to undermine our core democratic process to lay the groundwork to steal an election and incite violence!!!!

CNN is going in hard on Trump. No holds barred.

I was on my phone, so I wanted to add to this... this is how he came off. He's so off the walls about mail in voting. He basically encouraged his supporters to take to the street (by not telling them not to, when given the opportunity), and encouraging poll watchers, who wouldn't catch the types of potential fraud he's concerned about.

By contrast, trump was unhinged.

Last edited:
    I’ve never seen so much emotion from a news panel as on CNN right now. Voices are cracking. They are truly, truly feeling this.

That's not supposed to be a bad thing. I want my leaders to, at the very least, look the part.

But what do you do in this instance? Trump's going to run circles around anyone because he's high as a kite and people love to latch to his nonsensical conspiracist garbage. The Fox News moderator isn't going to stop it.

There's no winning. It's only up to voters to vote against stupid people.

I agree that he's not doing terribly - I don't think he'll lose support. I may be underestimating how difficult it is to debate at this stage, but he's not really quick on his feet.
    Yes, I think we'd all rather have someone far more quick witted, but I'm ok with just a decent human being.

Everyone I heard on ABC right after went after Trump pretty harshly.. only one I saw though.

CNN is going in hard on Trump. No holds barred.
    this is much bigger than pundit brain hot takes though, Trump is laying the groundwork to sow doubt, and therefore violence, and prime the pump to justify and incentivize his base to steal the election based on false charges of fraud as a justification to throw out or stop counting ballots. Or intimidate people at the voting booth.

And to claim any result that is not in his favor as illegitimate.

this is much bigger than pundit brain hot takes though, Trump is laying the groundwork to sow doubt, and therefore violence, and prime the pump to justify and incentivize his base to steal the election based on false charges of fraud as a justification to throw out or stop counting ballots.
    Indubitably.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom