2020 Presidential Debate - Round 1 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

There are substantive points he could have made - Wallace even gave him a gimme that he didn't hammer home - about more jobs being created in the last three years of Obama's presidency than the first 3 years of Trump's presidency. Moments like that to hit Trump with real facts.
    He's been less than perfect, but I think he's doing well over all and I like his approach. We need more of that type of approach and discourse, not more of the Trump crap.

He is, and he's doing well enough to not lose any support. He's basically chasing a chicken on meth, and I feel for him, but he should have been prepared for this same bag of tricks.

I agree that he's not doing terribly - I don't think he'll lose support. I may be underestimating how difficult it is to debate at this stage, but he's not really quick on his feet.

Trump is pretty sweaty, and Biden looks good still, so there’s that. 😁

Or maybe his bronzer is the shiny kind.

I agree that he's not doing terribly - I don't think he'll lose support. I may be underestimating how difficult it is to debate at this stage, but he's not really quick on his feet.

It was going terribly earlier, but he's come back better than whoever the Falcons are playing on any given Sunday.

I think part of that is because he's trying to bring everything back to specific issues that he thinks are the most important to the general public.

You can tell Biden has rehearsed some zingers.

“Wong man, wrong place, wrong time”

“Inject bleach”

“Nuke hurricanes”

None of the them have landed because Biden isn’t really great at this.

For the same reason you actively avoid talking politics with everyone IRL.... and the same reason no one will answer my question directly.
    I know 6-10 people who say they are not yet decided. I don't know if that is true or not, but publicly they say they are not decided who they will vote for.

Ironically, even though it’s all nonsense, from a Trump supporter perspective, that was probably a really strong moment for Trump, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom