2020 Presidential Debate - Round 1 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I see this different. You can't...I like the play to disengage from the foolishness and talk to the American people. At this point, you have to trust the people who know his lies don't need them pointed out constantly. You can't spend all of your time fact checking his lies while Wallace let's Trump filibuster at every turn. Sure, there have been chances for quips but you have to look Presidential against this shirt show...

Biden can't both stay focused on the issues and communicate to the country, and get caught up in exchanging petty zingers with Trump.

Trump will always get his zingers in. If that seems like winning or curbstomping to people, then they will always see Trump as winning or curbstomping.
    This. Biden is focusing on getting those undecided voters. Hence, looking at the camera to address the American people when he talks about policies and issues instead of getting into a pissing contest.
    I think he is doing fine so far.

Trump will lie so shamelessly. It’s pretty hard to compete with a sideshow barker.

That's the problem, but he tells the same lies over and over. It should be easy to be prepared for that. You can tell Joe was prepared for law enforcement and race issues, not so much any of the other subjects.

Dammit Biden. If you’re gonna say you know who said it, you better know who said it.

Now Wallace is parroting Trump talking points to Biden. Again.

I do like Biden’s response here and of course Wallace cuts him off.

Why does Wallace keep having to tell Trump, as he’s ranting and interrupting, “you’re gonna be happy with the next topic”?

that sort of accommodation for his petulance is out of line for a moderator, imo

but I don’t envy his position here

Yeah, this is a failure on Wallace and Fox News. If I'm Biden's camp, I don't agree to another debate unless they agree to cut mics. But, he is trying, I give him that. But, they, too, should have been prepared for this.

Biden is not a great debater by any stretch, but Trump is merely pandering to his base. Biden is at least trying to reach out beyond his own base of support.

Trump is like any other toddler who can't set boundaries and needs them set for him.

Stand back and stand by is very much NOT stand down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom