2020 Presidential Debate - Round 1 (1 Viewer)

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
Reaction score
I wonder if "subject to news developments" gives Wallace leeway to probe Trump about the taxes issue. I suspect he will ask one question about it - though the moderators tend to avoid straying from the topic list . . . it's part of the debate prep process an these things are not free-for-alls.

brandon

Reaction score
I wonder if "subject to news developments" gives Wallace leeway to probe Trump about the taxes issue. I suspect he will ask one question about it - though the moderators tend to avoid straying from the topic list . . . it's part of the debate prep process an these things are not free-for-alls.
Won't be necessary for Wallace to bring it up. I'm sure Biden is preparing his pivots as we speak.

First Time Poster

Reaction score

Yeah, that's a good take. It's coming up. I'm sure Wallace will open the door that let's Biden launch his salvo. That's crazy we need that type of caveat with this one crisis a day Administration.

efil4

Reaction score

I think it certainly should be. Because there is no prep...this will be completely his own thoughts on the matter.

I just hope Wallace has the "hot mic" button- im not watching to see Trump interject after every sentence in a rebuttal.

Infoman

Reaction score
Is this "debate" really going to change anyone's mind on either side, or move anyone that's undecided (if there even is such a thing at this point)? Serious question...^ Besides the entertainment value, and sheer morbid curiosity... coupled with the sound bites that will be used later and taken out of context... I'm not sure what the point is.

In past elections it may have had some value... In this one... Everyone has already literally and figuratively buried their heads in the sand.

LA - L.A.

Reaction score
Is this "debate" really going to change anyone's mind on either side, or move anyone that's undecided (if there even is such a thing at this point)? Serious question...^ Besides the entertainment value, and sheer morbid curiosity... and the sound bites that will be used later and taken out of context... I'm not sure what the point is.

In past elections it may have had some value... In this one... Everyone has already literally and figuratively buried their heads in the sand.
Some people don't see it in this way and will watch it to see what the candidates say and how they say it. There's still at least a few million undecided voters, enough to sway the election either way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Top Bottom