2020 Presidential Debate - Round 1 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

For the same reason you actively avoid talking politics with everyone IRL....

okay, maybe you have a point, lol, but I wouldn’t shy away from telling a pollster what I think. I saw someone I follow on Twitter proudly announce they were watching the debate as an undecided voter. So I unfollowed them. 😁

Okay, I will ask a different way, since no one will answer my original question (and I know why, but I enjoy the utter avoidance of this)...

How many of you could or would be swayed to vote differently by anything that either candidate says in these debates, reveals in these debates, or otherwise "proves" or "promises" in these debates....????

I am betting that number is also zero... (so we can also theoretically multiply that by 330 million - amIrite?)

Okay, I will ask a different way, since no one will answer my original question (and I know why, but I enjoy the utter avoidance of this)...

How many of you could or would be swayed to vote differently by anything that either candidate says in these debates, reveals in these debates, or otherwise "proves" or "promises" in these debates....????

I am betting that number is also zero... (so we can also theoretically multiply that by 330 million - amIrite?)
    I answered your original question directly in one of my previous posts:
    Personally, I know quite a few people who are still undecided. In all of those cases, they really don't want to vote for Trump, but they are having a tough time convincing themselves to vote for a non-Republican.
    From that very same post by me:
    How many people do you know personally? Now divide that by 330 million.
    You seem to be referring to my mention of dividing by 330 million, so how did you miss my very clear answer to your original question?

Last edited:
    7C386D17-892B-4061-8CAA-A302C98CBBD8.jpeg

I know 0 people that are undecided. Got that out the way so I won't be accused of not answering that question.
    I'm sorry.... I just see such a huge chasm between these 2 men's platforms
    I understand why you see such a chasm between the two because one doesn't have a platform. ***Spoiler Alert*** It ain't Biden. Trump and the GOP have no platform.
    Joe Biden could violate a live goat on the debate stage while singing Salt N Peppa "Push it" and I know several people who would still vote for him, including myself.

These debates and Biden and Trump performances will be important for down ballot candidates that have thrown their lot in with the continued rape of America. People's mind might be made up between Biden and Trump but not others.

How many undecided votes do you know personally?
    Zero
    I know this is anecdotal...
    Yep.
    It's still pertinent to the discussion (especially if enough people answer honestly)
    If everyone here answers you directly, that’s still tens of thousand answers from being statistically significant.
    Okay, I will ask a different way, since no one will answer my original question
    @superchuck500 already answered your question directly.
    This site is not really a place where undecided voters would spend much time.

However, according to this article, and from what I heard on CNN about 20 minutes ago, 10-11% of the electorate are still undecided.

Just joining now, but a debate is very unlikely to sway me to change my vote in this particular election. But I don't think that is necessarily true for the population as whole. Message boards like this one are the outliers... I think there's a great number of Americans who don't really follow politics that closely and tune into these debates without a strongly invested opinion.

I think that number gets smaller every year, unfortunately, but it's still there.

I didn't ask about polls or social media... Or to answer my question with a question...

I simply asked - How many undecided votes do you know personally? Ask them how many they know...

I know this is anecdotal... It's still pertinent to the discussion (especially if enough people answer honestly)

The number is close to zero... you can rationalize this how you want... but I think everyone has their minds made up at this point, and if you are "undecided" as of tonight's' "debate" - you may have been in a coma for the last 4-6 years.
    My father in law is undecided. He doesn’t like trump, I think he voted for him last time because of Hillary. He has questions about Biden so this could make a difference. Nebraska sent out the absentee ballots today so he will likely be voting within a week.

Wrong answer Joe.

The correct answer would have been trump is right, he is the POTUS but precedent was set over 4 years ago by the Republican party...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom