2020 Presidential Debate - Round 1 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I can name 10 people on this board who would do a better job than Biden right now. So many missed chances to hit Trump. You can tell he just studied a number of topics and doesn't want to improvise.

Not focusing on Trump.. he's the same he's always been.

He's worse today because he's emboldened

As frustrating as it is to say, Biden is getting annihilated here. Trump isn’t saying anything worth listening to, but he’s running all over Biden.

I can name 10 people on this board who would do a better job than Biden right now. So many missed chances to hit Trump. You can tell he just studied a number of topics and doesn't want to improvise.

Not focusing on Trump.. he's the same he's always been.
    But so many people are saying he should focus on issues and not Trump. Now he's not focusing enough on Trump?

ETA I may have misunderstood what you were saying.

As soon as I said that, Biden had a decent moment there.

As soon as I said that, Biden had a decent moment there.
    Biden can't both stay focused on the issues and communicate to the country, and get caught up in exchanging petty zingers with Trump.

Trump will always get his zingers in. If that seems like winning or curbstomping to people, then they will always see Trump as winning or curbstomping.

F9E95398-FAA0-4999-9291-0ED0858A461D.jpeg

Biden can talk about race with sensitivity. There is a huge contrast with Trump here.

Trump will lie so shamelessly. It’s pretty hard to compete with a sideshow barker.

Why does Wallace keep having to tell Trump, as he’s ranting and interrupting, “you’re gonna be happy with the next topic”?

that sort of accommodation for his petulance is out of line for a moderator, imo

but I don’t envy his position here

I don’t have any sympathy for Wallace here. He needed to establish control and he can’t do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom