2020 Presidential Debate - Round 1 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I’ve never seen so much emotion from a news panel as on CNN right now. Voices are cracking. They are truly, truly feeling this.
    I was watching it on CBS... They were taking it hard. I believe, the older female reporter, stated how she's never seen anything like this in the last 40-50 years of debates she's watched. I want to find it.

But what do you do in this instance? Trump's going to run circles around anyone because he's high as a kite and people love to latch to his nonsensical conspiracist garbage. The Fox News moderator isn't going to stop it.

There's no winning. It's only up to voters to vote against stupid people.
    Only to people who perceive what Trump does as winning or running circles around other people.

Those people are going to vote for Trump no matter what Trump does or what anyone else, including Biden, does. So why bother wasting time and energy trying to appeal to those people?

But what do you do in this instance? Trump's going to run circles around anyone because he's high as a kite and people love to latch to his nonsensical conspiracist garbage. The Fox News moderator isn't going to stop it.

There's no winning. It's only up to voters to vote against stupid people.
    Biden should not even try to address the stupid, ignore him and talk to the American People. It is beyond time to raise the bar back up and I'm not saying turn the other cheek, I am saying fight back with some dignity and class. If voters cannot understand that, fork'em. Now I will say this, there were many other democratic candidates that could have done a better job of raising bar than Biden did tonight.

We gotta return to civility.

Or we are done.
    I started sipping tequila halfway through, made it much more tolerable.

I thought Biden might have been a little rattled at first by Trump’s interruptions and rapid fire word salad, but after he settled in he did fine.

Watching Trump made me angry that there are people who support that piece of shirt.

I think Biden was sloppy at times and missed some really big opportunities because he just wasn’t prepared for them. But he was certainly more civilized and organized than Trump - though it’s a low bar and he didn’t get much over it.

I think Biden needs to get out there now in some kind of way to give speeches. He’s got a message he can deliver and doing it without Trump there to interrupt is the right move. He can do it in a Covid responsible way but he needs to do it.

so Nicole Wallace I think had a very good point, (I hope I’m remembering right) or Joy Reid, I forget.

There was a huge contrast between Trump 4 years ago and tonight. Four years ago, he played the debates fairly straight. Now, he seemed to feel he had the right to talk whenever he wanted and say whatever he wanted. He doesn’t have any respect for the system. He doesn’t think he should have to do this, it’s his country. It was just contempt for Biden, contempt for Wallace, contempt for the election.

Wait a minute, did this really happen?

“Proud Boys — Stand back, stand by, but I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not right-wing problem….. This is a left wing problem.”
    --DJT

I bet his racist supporters will use that as their calling card going forward.
    #StandBackStandBy

“Proud Boys — Stand back, stand by, but I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not right-wing problem….. This is a left wing problem.”
    --DJT

#StandBackStandBy
    Already happening, according to Anderson Cooper.

Oh, yes, DJ. He choked bigly. All he had to do was denounce white supremacists and he couldn’t do it.

--DJT

#StandBackStandBy
    Can you post any videos of the Proud Boys burning down buildings?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom