What happens to the Republican Party now? (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

As a Latino I do not feel white people are supreme. They are as mundane as anyone. If some believe whiteness is special I lose no sleep over that.
    I had no idea you were a white dude.

Instead of assuming and projecting, I suggest you let others speak for themselves. You assume he's white because he has white family members. He could have been adopted, or his parents could be mixed, or something else. Having white relatives doesn't make you white. :shrug:

Instead of assuming and projecting, I suggest you let others speak for themselves. You assume he's white because he has white family members. He could have been adopted, or his parents could be mixed, or something else. Having white relatives doesn't make you white. :shrug:
    The equivalent of pointing out a grammar error. I appreciate the advice. Maybe he is POC, my bad.

This is a weird take. Sometimes I think you get high (not a problem because I often enjoy multiple drinks!) before coming to post here.
    Hey, I have to get pretty high to read his posts, so your theory does make sense. When I read them first thing in the morning, I get the sweats and the runs. If I read more than one, my skin starts to get that crawling feeling and my eyes start to water, so I just say screw it and pop a handful of narcotics to get back to normal. Who'da ever thunk that a message board persona could cause the same symptoms as opiate withdrawal?

These days lQ discussions are taboo.
    Says who? This is news to me. I've had many discussions about peoples' IQ's - or lack thereof - in the past ten years. Matter of fact, I've probably had more discussions about IQ/intelligence/ignorance/book smarts/street smarts in the past 5 years than I have had in the previous 35 years I've been on this planet. Why do you constantly do this? It's a very common theme for you to just make some shirt up out of thin air, state it as a fact, and then base pages and pages of pseudo-intellectual arguments on the bullshirt you just made up in the first place. It may be your opinion that discussions about IQ are "taboo" but that doesn't make it true. If discussions of IQ are taboo in your circle of friends or people you associate with, then that's a you problem, not an us problem. Pick better people to have discussions with then.

And IQ really doesn't mean much anyway. I test very well. Always have. Was in the gifted program all throughout middle and high school but I hated school and didn't apply myself until I got to college. shirt, I literally aced the ASVAB, scoring in the 99th percentile. The only question I got wrong on the whole thing was about rebuilding a carburetor and I didn't even try to answer it. The Navy wanted to give me an enormous signing bonus, pay for me to finish college before even serving, enter as an officer and go straight to flight school - which I'd totally do if life gave us do-overs, but I was 21 and decided that I'd rather continue getting drunk and high with my friends and deal with real life decisions after college - which I did. Yay for me and my high IQ and ability to ace tests!

See? We just discussed IQ for multiple pages even though it's taboo and nobody got hurt while doing so. Dare I say that you are the only person who considers it taboo to discuss IQ?

As a Latino I do not feel white people are supreme. They are as mundane as anyone. If some believe whiteness is special I lose no sleep over that.
    I had no idea you were a white dude.

Interesting take for someone who brags about passing as white, changed his kid's last name to something that sounded white, and is glad that his daughters married white guys.

Interesting take for someone who brags about passing as white, changed his kid's last name to something that sounded white, and is glad that his daughters married white guys.
    Wow! I was just trying to survive and follow the advice of a Polish friend. Why hate?
    Yes, I wanted the best for my family. I followed the path of many immigrants before me. Adapt to the American dream and move on.

Last edited:
    Wow! I was just trying to survive and follow the advice of a Polish friend. Why hate?
    Yes, I wanted the best for my family.

This is why I feel so sorry for you. The pseudo-intellectual Darwinian babble you don't actually understand is one thing, but this is the sign of someone with genuine issues that are bigger than a messageboard. As someone that was once a kid with a lot of ethnic-based self-hate I hope you can someday come to terms with who you are inside. I did around 12 years old and I'm a much happier person for it.

This is genuine. Having been in your shoes it really does make me sad reading your takes on this. It's incredibly revealing.

Honestly? God bless Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney. But they aren’t enough.

A very promising 2 term R Representative from PA just announced he will not be running for re-election next year. He was one of the 10 Rs in the House to vote for the second impeachment. His family has been threatened and he says the R party is currently a toxic environment that he doesn’t care to be part of. He’s 30 some year old, IIRC. Former NFL player, I can’t remember his name.

He doesn’t want to share a party with Madison Cawthorn and Taylor Greene and I don’t blame him. As long as the current R party keeps up this radical, anti-democracy, anti-American path with Trump, I don’t see the current situation doing anything but getting worse.

I mean, R governors are courting the pillow guy’s opinion on election security. WTH? No serious person would take this lunatic‘s opinion on anything. It’s dumbfounding.

Well, to answer the question posited by the OP, this is quite literally what's happening with the GOP right now.

His Tucker Carlson impression is spot on too.

I've often actually wonder how skewed polls are nowadays with so many people actually abandoning the republican party. Like, when they say, "56% of republicans believe XYZ..." it's not nearly as hard to get 56% of the much smaller number of republicans that exist today than, say, back in 2001 right after 9/11. Same goes for democrats. Yeah, I know that they're using a sampling of respondents that usually is less than or equal to around 1,000 people, but when the requirements of being a member of the GOP are suddenly so far to the right of what we used to consider being a republican back in the days of W, the respondents you're going to get for a poll who are actually willing to identify as being republican are obviously going to be shifted to answer the questions in the most fitting, crazy, nonsensical, 'Merican way possible. And those republicans in power who identify as republican because it keeps them in power and keeps them rich, who have admitted willingly that their party stands for nothing and that the only way they can retain power is by restricting the number of eligible voters nationwide say the quiet part out loud so often that it's not even news anymore, we've got a real problem and a real fight on our hands in the upcoming midterms and, obviously, again in 2024. It's not like fighting fair is something they even care to pretend doing.

Well, to answer the question posited by the OP, this is quite literally what's happening with the GOP right now.

His Tucker Carlson impression is spot on too.

I've often actually wonder how skewed polls are nowadays with so many people actually abandoning the republican party. Like, when they say, "56% of republicans believe XYZ..." it's not nearly as hard to get 56% of the much smaller number of republicans that exist today than, say, back in 2001 right after 9/11. Same goes for democrats. Yeah, I know that they're using a sampling of respondents that usually is less than or equal to around 1,000 people, but when the requirements of being a member of the GOP are suddenly so far to the right of what we used to consider being a republican back in the days of W, the respondents you're going to get for a poll who are actually willing to identify as being republican are obviously going to be shifted to answer the questions in the most fitting, crazy, nonsensical, 'Merican way possible. And those republicans in power who identify as republican because it keeps them in power and keeps them rich, who have admitted willingly that their party stands for nothing and that the only way they can retain power is by restricting the number of eligible voters nationwide say the quiet part out loud so often that it's not even news anymore, we've got a real problem and a real fight on our hands in the upcoming midterms and, obviously, again in 2024. It's not like fighting fair is something they even care to pretend doing.

The problem is that there are still many US citizens (Moderates, Independents, Non-voting) who still, after so many years and so much evidence, think that the Republican party is just the "other political party" and don't recognize the danger they truly pose to the stability, safety and security of the US. They're poised to vote them back into control of the House in the midterm. If Republicans win control again, the country is lost. May take a few years, but you can't govern with the core of your party being lies and misinformation and no plan for the future of the country. And everybody who is on the left will be targets of their revenge. Hell hath no fury like a Trumper in power, and they're all Trumpers now.

The problem is that there are still many US citizens (Moderates, Independents, Non-voting) who still, after so many years and so much evidence, think that the Republican party is just the "other political party" and don't recognize the danger they truly pose to the stability, safety and security of the US. They're poised to vote them back into control of the House in the midterm. If Republicans win control again, the country is lost. May take a few years, but you can't govern with the core of your party being lies and misinformation and no plan for the future of the country. And everybody who is on the left will be targets of their revenge. Hell hath no fury like a Trumper in power, and they're all Trumpers now.
    Tribalism is a problem!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom