What happens to the Republican Party now? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

The average IQ of South Koreans is among the highest in the world. However, I suspect you do not believe in IQ. I could be wrong, you never know.
    I've never taken an IQ test, and neither has my wife. So I don't have an opinion on them either way.

I've never taken an IQ test, and neither has my wife. So I don't have an opinion on them either way.
    You sound like a politician that is avoiding answering a straight question. Try to be honest and forget the concept of the end justifies the means.
    IQ denial on the left is very much like global warming denial on the right.

The average IQ of South Koreans is among the highest in the world. However, I suspect you do not believe in IQ. I could be wrong, you never know.
    Ahh once again the race card being played. Once again the confusion of IQ with achievement. If nothing else you’re consistent

You sound like a politician that is avoiding answering a straight question. Try to be honest and forget the concept of the end justifies the means.

Lmao, you're trying too hard...or maybe not hard enough. When up is down and down is up, I need a drink.

This is a weird take. Sometimes I think you get high (not a problem because I often enjoy multiple drinks!) before coming to post here. Why even bring up IQ in the first place? But now that we're going down that rabbit hole, I can't say I've even given much thought to whether the concept of IQ is valid or not... I don't think it's particularly relevant either way so long as people are above a certain threshold as not to be mentally impaired. But, again, I have no idea why you immediately assumed he didn't believe in it or maybe I'm missing some context from another thread.

All of that is a side issue, anyway. His point was he could go to another country if the poop hits the fan. Frankly, I plan on doing that myself. And it's not because I hate America or anything as involved, I'm just not a strong believer in nationalism. People are people. I can almost anywhere in the world and find other nice people. Doesn't matter to me if they fly an American Flag or not.

Last edited:
    This is a weird take. Sometimes I think you get high before coming to post here. Why even bring up IQ in the first place? But now that we're going down that rabbit hole, I can't say I've even given much thought to whether the concept of IQ is valid or not... I don't think it's particularly relevant either way so long as people are above a certain threshold as not to be mentally impaired.
    You are among the few posters with the head on the shoulders.

I thought about IQ when another poster mentioned he wanted to move to South Korea. People form that part of the world score very high on IQ tests, that is all.

IQ measures ability to solve problems. It is just another way to measure human performance . There is a lot of IQ literature in psychology, but at this time in 2121 IQ conversations are deemed racists.

Last edited:
    I edited my post in real-time so you might have more to add! But thanks for the compliment although I think most people here do have their heads on their shoulders.

You are among the few posters with the head on the shoulders.

I thought about IQ when another poster mentioned he wanted to move to South Korea. People form that part of the world score very high on IQ tests, that is all.

IQ measures a persons ability to solve problems. It is just another way to measure human performance . There is a lot of IQ literature in psychology, but at this time in 2121 IQ conversations are deemed racists.

You know what? The first thought in my mind when thinking about South Korea is...drumroll please......they have a high IQ! Really! Really, really!

Nevermind moving there for the sake of my wife. Nevermind that neither of us care enough about our IQ to go get tested. Nevermind that I have 3 kids in college and another one thinking about...gasp...art school.

Your condescending, know it all, flippant posts are about as useful as stale, moldy cheese.

There, analyze that.

This is a weird take. Sometimes I think you get high (not a problem because I often enjoy multiple drinks!) before coming to post here. Why even bring up IQ in the first place? But now that we're going down that rabbit hole, I can't say I've even given much thought to whether the concept of IQ is valid or not... I don't think it's particularly relevant either way so long as people are above a certain threshold as not to be mentally impaired. But, again, I have no idea why you immediately assumed he didn't believe in it or maybe I'm missing some context from another thread.
    It was a hunch. Maybe he believes in the concept of lQ but is afraid to verbalize or discuss the issue. These days lQ discussions are taboo. Meanwhile the armed forces gave lQ like tests to recruits to figure out what to do with them. The SAT is a surrogate for an IQ test and I believe the PC police will soon make it illegal.
    All of that is a side issue, anyway. His point was he could go to another country if the poop hits the fan. Frankly, I plan on doing that myself. And it's not because I hate America or anything as involved, I'm just not a strong believer in nationalism. People are people. I can almost anywhere in the world and find other nice people. Doesn't matter to me if they fly an American Flag or not.
    I was not born in American soil and yet I understand that successful nations need unity through cultural values and love of the nation. Without unifying values you end up with tribalism and Balkanization. At the same time some people are in love with the John Lennon’s lmagine lyrics. You must have an open to experience personality. It is easy to live among multiple cultures in times of prosperity, however it is much more difficult to get along during times of scarcity and misery. When things are difficult many revert back to in group preference.

And at risk of more psychobabble from you know who...I think IQ tests can have some use in a clinical setting, but outside that, I can't think of any situation I've ever been in, whether work, school, athletics or social, where IQ was ever broached. So, I don't get why someone would bring it up in a political discussion board. It's pretty irrelevant to the discussion.

And at risk of more psychobabble from you know who...I think IQ tests can have some use in a clinical setting, but outside that, I can't think of any situation I've ever been in, whether work, school, athletics or social, where IQ was ever broached. So, I don't get why someone would bring it up in a political discussion board. It's pretty irrelevant to the discussion.
    Paul is pushing a long debunked strand of race pseudo-science, which the alt-right have been trying to revive for a few years.

This article (from 2018, but still relevant) is a great read for anyone unfamiliar with it. It outlines who's doing it, why they're doing it, how they're doing it, and then clearly and concisely shows why it's wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom