What happens to the Republican Party now? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

And at risk of more psychobabble from you know who...I think IQ tests can have some use in a clinical setting, but outside that, I can't think of any situation I've ever been in, whether work, school, athletics or social, where IQ was ever broached. So, I don't get why someone would bring it up in a political discussion board. It's pretty irrelevant to the discussion.
    Dave:

IQ type testing is done all the time.:

The military has used aptitude testing it for a long time.

Kids applying for college take the SAT or ACT.

MCAT before applying to Med School

LSAT for law

Some companies use testing to select best candidates for employment. Problem solving ability is considerd a valuable skill for companies that are hiring.

I understand why this is taboo for you. No big deal!

Dave:

LSAT for law

Some companies use testing to select best candidates for employment. Problem solving ability is considerd a valuable skill for companies that are hiring.

:freak7:

Dave:

LSAT for law

I rarely post here,but wanted to comment on this. IQ is not the be all end all. I changed a flat tire for a biology professor in college
    because he didn't know how to. I have a friend who flunked out of HS in the 9th grade. He can rebuild a car engine blindfolded.
    What about a master carpenter,electrician or plumber? They have abilities most of us don't. Who's smarter? IQ goes much farther
    than academia.

Would have been nice if he had explained to you why you feel the way you do. He can't expect the savages to civilize themselves.
    Guys:

We are here to have a discussion of issues and not to attack the personality of the posters.
    I rarely post here,but wanted to comment on this. IQ is not the be all end all. I changed a flat tire for a biology professor in college
    because he didn't know how to. I have a friend who flunked out of HS in the 9th grade. He can rebuild a car engine blindfolded.
    What about a master carpenter,electrician or plumber? They have abilities most of us don't. Who's smarter? IQ goes much farther
    than academia.
    Exactly!
    IQ measures a specific ability to solve problems in the abstract or to be able to visualize in a quick manner what others do not see right away. It is no different than a test that measures if a person has musical ability or as you say a test to see if there is ability to build a cabinet from a piece of wood. The latter requires skills that people like Isacc Newton or Albert Einstein did not have. Newton needed math to explain his theory of gravity and he was able to visualize how to solve the problem by inventing calculus.

I never understood why IQ remains a taboo and why it is considered racist to mention IQ. By the way most carpenters and plumbers are smart. I agree with you.
    BTQ, about 10% of the population has an IQ below 83 and cannot do plumbing or carpentry.

than academia.

You also have a lot of high IQ people that don't apply themselves. IQ measures one's ability to reason and problem solve. It's also very different than aptitude tests like the ASVAB, SAT, or ACT.

IQ is the kind of thing that is only obsessed over by people so shallow they would change their son's surname or brag about their children marrying white people. Secure people who are content with themselves don't obsess over things like IQ and aptitude tests because they don't view identity in such a shallow manner.

Guys:

We are here to have a discussion of issues and not to attack the personality of the posters.

I agree.

It just seems to me that all of your discussions end up boiling down to social Darwinist tropes. You often try to wrap it up in a pseudointellectual dress, but once people attempt to have a genuine discussion (not me, i haven't tried that with you), and drill down on your point, it always ends up sounding like euphemisms used by white supremacists who want to seem intellectual.

I remember attending a David Duke rally in the early 90s. He kept talking about our European heritage, it made me feel so good as a 12 year old. I was too naïve at the time to realize he was just talking about white supremacy.

Obviously a "Latin American" such as yourself can't possibly be accused of being a white supremacist, however, despite being a self described "Latin American", your statements suggest you are indeed a white supremacist pretending to be a Latin American. I know plenty of white supremacists, so I know it when i see it.

This site is short on right wing posters, so you are mostly tolerated, but you do not really add much meaningful discussion (not saying that I do) despite the huge quantity of your posts.

I agree.

It just seems to me that all of your discussions end up boiling down to social Darwinist tropes. You often try to wrap it up in a pseudointellectual dress, but once people attempt to have a genuine discussion (not me, i haven't tried that with you), and drill down on your point, it always ends up sounding like euphemisms used by white supremacists who want to seem intellectual.

I remember attending a David Duke rally in the early 90s. He kept talking about our European heritage, it made me feel so good as a 12 year old. I was too naïve at the time to realize he was just talking about white supremacy.

Obviously a "Latin American" such as yourself can't possibly be accused of being a white supremacist, however, despite being a self described "Latin American", your statements suggest you are indeed a white supremacist pretending to be a Latin American. I know plenty of white supremacists, so I know it when i see it.

This site is short on right wing posters, so you are mostly tolerated, but you do not really add much meaningful discussion (not saying that I do) despite the huge quantity of your posts.
    An entire post of personal attacks and insults. Do you have an argument?

I can see why you are unable to have a genuine discussion (your words, not mine).
    Furthermore, you prove my point about how some topics are taboo and deemed racist. We are supposed to ignore some facts and drink the Kool Aid. The intellectual midgetry and religious approach to the topic is acknowledged.

BTW, thank you for tolerating a different point of view. There is hope!

And at risk of more psychobabble from you know who...I think IQ tests can have some use in a clinical setting, but outside that, I can't think of any situation I've ever been in, whether work, school, athletics or social, where IQ was ever broached. So, I don't get why someone would bring it up in a political discussion board. It's pretty irrelevant to the discussion.

Dave, as you fully expected, that risk has been realized....I honestly almost forgot IQ tests even existed....

Guys:

Exactly!
    IQ measures a specific ability to solve problems in the abstract or to be able to visualize in a quick manner what others do not see right away. It is no different than a test that measures if a person has musical ability or as you say a test to see if there is ability to build a cabinet from a piece of wood. The latter requires skills that people like Isacc Newton or Albert Einstein did not have. Newton needed math to explain his theory of gravity and he was able to visualize how to solve the problem by inventing calculus.

I never understood why IQ remains a taboo and why it is considered racist to mention IQ. By the way most carpenters and plumbers are smart. I agree with you.
    BTQ, about 10% of the population has an IQ below 83 and cannot do plumbing or carpentry.
    Taboo...you keep saying that word...you know the rest.

:shrug:

Also, your projection needs work.

An entire post of personal attacks and insults. Do you have an argument?

I can see why you are unable to have a genuine discussion (your words, not mine).
    Furthermore, you prove my point about how some topics are taboo and deemed racist. We are supposed to ignore some facts and drink the Kool Aid. The intellectual midgetry and religious approach to the topic is acknowledged.

BTW, thank you for tolerating a different point of view. There is hope!

It's like an alt-universe when having a discussion with you. Not once person here has said IQ is taboo, and, better yet, it doesn't mean what you want it to mean in this context anyway. Not one person has said IQ tests are racist. Can it be used for racist reasons? Sure.

Regardless, we've made all kinds of arguments. Kinda pointless when they're summarily dismissed. But hey, you keep doing you. I'll just keep laughing at the nonsense.

It's like an alt-universe when having a discussion with you. Not once person here has said IQ is taboo, and, better yet, it doesn't mean what you want it to mean in this context anyway. Not one person has said IQ tests are racist. Can it be used for racist reasons? Sure.

Regardless, we've made all kinds of arguments. Kinda pointless when they're summarily dismissed. But hey, you keep doing you. I'll just keep laughing at the nonsense.
    Here is my reply:

samiam5211 said:
    I agree.

You said I wrote racist tropes.

Guys: Can we get along?
    Why so much animosity when someone has a different perspective?
    yea i did.

No animosity. I am just pointing out my observations. I love many people who are white supremacists. You can't choose your family.

yea i did.

No animosity. I am just pointing out my observations. I love many people who are white supremacists. You can't choose your family.
    As a Latino I do not feel white people are supreme. They are as mundane as anyone. If some believe whiteness is special I lose no sleep over that.
    I had no idea you were a white dude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom