What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Why is it that Republicans believe this issue is a winner for them? It's just stupid and every time it happens, everybody blames Republicans because they're the ones that cause it. If Democrats had any stones, they'd put an ultimatum to the Republicans. Either they raise it on a bipartisan agreement, or Democrats suspend the filibusterer, Suspend the debit limit for good and pass it on a majority vote. Then they pass all of their other priorities (i.e. voting rights, Immigration, etc.) on a majority vote. They won't lose pubic support over it, just let the country default for a week and frame it and a necessity in the face of unprecedented Republican obstruction and causticity. They'll come out looking like saviors.

But the moderates are to week to do anything like that. They're to busy trying to torpedo their own parties agenda and are engaged in the opposite of trying to "solve problems". Thanks Manchin 😤.

(CNN)Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen had a clear and dire message for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell: The US economy, still emerging from a pandemic-driven economic collapse, can't afford a self-inflicted catastrophe.
    The message about the repercussions of the first US default in history wasn't framed through a political lens, or even an attempt at persuasion, according to multiple people familiar with the arranged August 14 call. It was a concise road map of the potential devastation that loomed in the coming weeks without congressional action.
    McConnell's response was similarly to the point, and didn't diverge from his repeated public statements on the looming need for a debt ceiling increase.
    Democrats were on their own.

McConnell fully understood the consequences of default, from the halted federal payments to the clear potential for recession and a credit crisis.

Why is it that Republicans believe this issue is a winner for them? It's just stupid and every time it happens, everybody blames Republicans because they're the ones that cause it. If Democrats had any stones, they'd put an ultimatum to the Republicans. Either they raise it on a bipartisan agreement, or Democrats suspend the filibusterer, Suspend the debit limit for good and pass it on a majority vote. Then they pass all of their other priorities (i.e. voting rights, Immigration, etc.) on a majority vote. They won't lose pubic support over it, just let the country default for a week and frame it and a necessity in the face of unprecedented Republican obstruction and causticity. They'll come out looking like saviors.

But the moderates are to week to do anything like that. They're to busy trying to torpedo their own parties agenda and are engaged in the opposite of trying to "solve problems". Thanks Manchin 😤.

When, for the love of Jesus, when will Democrats realize that the GOP's goal is to break government? They have zero interest in making anything work. Total financial collapse? Great! That's as broken as we can make it!
    The ultra-rich will remain ultra-rich, just like in the Depression. Taxes will still come in, to be redirected to those ultra-rich donors. Life for your Republican politician will proceed just as before but with the added benefit of not being expected to do a single damn thing.

Disaster is victory for the GOP.

When, for the love of Jesus, when will Democrats realize that the GOP's goal is to break government? They have zero interest in making anything work. Total financial collapse? Great! That's as broken as we can make it!
    The ultra-rich will remain ultra-rich, just like in the Depression. Taxes will still come in, to be redirected to those ultra-rich donors. Life for your Republican politician will proceed just as before but with the added benefit of not being expected to do a single damn thing.

Disaster is victory for the GOP.
    They can't possibly be that stupid not to already know this. The problem is that they think WE are too stupid to know this and that even if we did, we couldn't or wouldn't try to do something about it. Bernie Sanders going off about Mitch McConnell and his ilk in front of the whole Senate making fun of him and other republicans for playing stupid games over the contents of the infrastructure bill while stuffing their pockets with money from oil companies and other special interests proves that they know this. That Sanders clip should have aired on prime time evening news all across the country because he's telling the absolute truth about why Washington is so broken and why this infrastructure bill may not pass. Unless democratic leadership is willing to take the gloves off and fight dirty like republicans do, we're screwed and the Great American Experiment will fail. And faster than we probably think.

Just to highlight how right-wing and uniquely off-kilter the current GOP is, here's a recent tweet from Boris Johnson -- and the Conservative Party won quite handily in the most recent UK election so it's not like he's pandering for votes:

Can you ever imagine a Republican President (or anyone in Republican leadership) saying anything even remotely like this? The sad reality is the GOP is controlled by a distinct cult of wacky voters who are way off base when it comes to mainstream principles throughout the civilized world. And they are dragging America down with them.

Just to highlight how right-wing and uniquely off-kilter the current GOP is, here's a recent tweet from Boris Johnson -- and the Conservative Party won quite handily in the most recent UK election so it's not like he's pandering for votes:

Can you ever imagine a Republican President (or anyone in Republican leadership) saying anything even remotely like this? The sad reality is the GOP is controlled by a distinct cult of wacky voters who are way off base when it comes to mainstream principles throughout the civilized world. And they are dragging America down with them.

Can you imagine a current Republican signing the Environmental Protection Act? No way, not even if the Cuyahoga river was on fire in his back yard.

Why are dumbasses like this admitted to Harvard? And why are they tolerated by the Rs?

Sadly, she's not the dumbass here. She just assumes the people who listen to her are.
    I’m not so sure she’s not a dumbass. At this point she’ll have to prove it. She said plenty of dumbass stuff as press secretary too.

This is a really good piece on Adam Kinzinger, whom I have come to respect not for his criticism of the Trump-populists but because he refuses to fall in line with his party when it is damaging the country:

Excerpt:

Kinzinger, along with another apostate, Liz Cheney, serves on the House committee investigating the events of January 6. His decision to join this Democratic-led committee caused some of his Republican colleagues to worry (or to publicly perform worry) that he had become a spy in their midst.

“Madison Cawthorn can invoke coming bloodshed, and Paul Gosar can flirt with white nationalism,” he said, naming two of his more extremist colleagues, “and they’re signing a letter asking to have me kicked out of the caucus. This is how far the Republican Party has fallen. They call me a RINO”—a Republican in Name Only—“but I haven’t changed. The Republican Party has changed into an authoritarian Trump organization. They’re the RINOs. Trump is a RINO.”
    [

This is a really good piece on Adam Kinzinger, whom I have come to respect not for his criticism of the Trump-populists but because he refuses to fall in line with his party when it is damaging the country:

Excerpt:

[

Exactly, Trumpers were always the real RINOs from the start.

I personally thing this is very embarrassing, but something tells me the people that voted for her applaud this kind of stuff

The Reps are losing it and have become the party of the fanatical right wing nuts. Meanwhile it seems the Dems are moving to the center and leaving the SJW crazoids behind. We need a moderate party to deal with all the crazies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom