What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

guess i'll put this here
    ======================

Senator Kapenga’s Letter to President Trump

Mr. President,

One of the most frustrating things to watch during your Presidency was the continued attacks on you from fake news outlets with no accountability to truth. I can’t imagine the frustration you and your family felt. Unfortunately, in our positions of public service, we have to accept the reality that often “truth” in the media is no longer based on facts but simply what one feels like saying.

This leads me to your recent press release stating that I am responsible for holding up a forensic audit of the Wisconsin elections. This could not be further from the truth.

Let me first say that very few people have the honor of being named publicly by a United States President. I never imagined mine would be mentioned, much less in this light, from a President that I have publicly supported, and still support. I feel I need to respond even though you will likely never hear of it, as the power of your pen to mine is like Thor’s hammer to a Bobby pin.

Nevertheless, I need to correct your false claim against me. I never received a call from you or any of your sources asking about the election audit. If you had, I would have told you that long before your press release I called the auditor in charge of the election audit that is taking place in Wisconsin and requested a forensic component to the audit.

Prior to owning several businesses, I was an auditor, so I understand the importance of this being done to determine what took place in the last election. This will help guide us as legislators to put fixes in place for any issues found, and more importantly, to ensure the integrity of elections moving forward. I made specific requests on procedures and locations, both of which I have not, nor will not, disclose. If I am not satisfied with the procedures performed, I will request additional work be done. If anyone illegally attempts to hinder information from being obtained, I will use my subpoena powers to get it.

This leads me back to your press release. It is false, and I don’t appreciate it being done before calling me and finding out the truth. This is what both of us have fought against. Being cut from similar cloth in our backgrounds, and knowing that reparation must always be of more value than the wrong done, I have two requests.

First, I ask that you issue a press release in similar fashion that corrects the information and also encourages people to support what I have requested in the audit. Second, you owe me a round of golf at the club of your choice.

I write this as I am about to board a plane due to a family medical emergency. In addition to my Trump socks, I will pull up my Trump/Pence mask when I board the plane, as required by federal law. I figure, if the liberals are going to force me to wear a mask, I am going to make it as painful for them as possible. I will continue to do this regardless of whether or not I ever hear from you.

Thank you for doing great things as our President.

Respectfully,

Chris Kapenga

Wisconsin Senate President

================================

.......But if the Trump era were to one day be memorialized in a museum of some sort, a letter written this weekend by a top Wisconsin Republican should be blown up and put in an extremely large, gilded frame.

The letter comes courtesy of Wisconsin state Senate President Chris Kapenga (R). In it, Kapenga takes strong issue with something former president Donald Trump said about him, while taking great care to turn up the obsequiousness and make clear that Kapenga isn’t mad … he’s just disappointed. And also, he’s happy to patch things up whenever Trump might deign to addressing a loyal but relatively insignificant subject.

That might sound like an ungracious summary of what Kapenga wrote, but behold.........

Let’s take his letter piece by piece:

Mr. President,
    One of the most frustrating things to watch during your Presidency was the continued attacks on you from fake news outlets with no accountability to truth. I can’t imagine the frustration you and your family felt. Unfortunately, in our positions of public service, we have to accept the reality that often “truth” in the media is no longer based on facts but simply what one feels like saying.
    This leads me to your recent press release stating that I am responsible for holding up a forensic audit of the Wisconsin elections. This could not be further from the truth.
    This is actually a very strong start. Kapenga begins by sympathizing with Trump over his media coverage, suggesting Trump was greatly wronged in the process (which is music to Trump’s ears) — but then also suggesting Trump has now participated in this same type of effort to create facts out of “simply what one feels like saying.”

Kapenga quickly rescues himself, though, from that and the other things he’s about to say:

Let me first say that very few people have the honor of being named publicly by a United States President. I never imagined mine would be mentioned, much less in this light, from a President that I have publicly supported, and still support. I feel I need to respond even though you will likely never hear of it, as the power of your pen to mine is like Thor’s hammer to a Bobby pin.
    To sum up: It’s an incredible honor to be spoken about by you in any context, even when you are impugning me..............

Kapenga is hardly the first Republican to make great pains to flatter Trump while urging the former president to chart a different course. That’s how the game has been played. Just as Trump’s attacks on fellow partisans have paid off in spades, so too has flattering Trump proved to be the best way to get through to him — often via appearances on Fox News. It’s not always sufficient, but it’s always necessary.

But noting that you’re donning both Trump socks and a Trump mask as you board a plane shortly after Trump turned his supporters against you is certainly a commentary on the state of play in the GOP — as is pledging to continue your support of someone who impugned you regardless of whether they heed your call to correct the record.

Plenty of Republicans and top Trump administration officials — and even Trump critics — have sacrificed their pride in the name of navigating the stranglehold Trump has on their party, believing that’s the best course to get what you want. Kapenga’s effort, though, is somehow both rather bold and extremely meek, all at the same time...........

This is simply amazing. She took six figures of PPP money for her bar, she was raised by a single mother on government assistance. The sheer chutzpah…..

This is simply amazing. She took six figures of PPP money for her bar, she was raised by a single mother on government assistance. The sheer chutzpah…..

Plus you know, she gets a government salary and pesky benefits like medical insurance paid by taxpayers...

The Republican party is littered with women like her. Kristi Noam, MGT, Michele Bachmann, Laura Ingram, Kayleigh McEnany, Candice Owen, Sarah Sanders, etc. The "rugged individualism" and concurrent idiocy inside them is like 10x higher then even most Republican men.

I can't imagine any thoughtful Republican watching CPAC and not being ashamed to admit they are affiliated with the Republican party.

Laruen Bobert's part alone should have been a wake-up call to anyone smarter than Lenny from of mice and men.

I can't imagine any thoughtful Republican watching CPAC and not being ashamed to admit they are affiliated with the Republican party.

Laruen Bobert's part alone should have been a wake-up call to anyone smarter than Lenny from of mice and men.
    Yeah, I haven't watched a minute of CPAC. Until they dump the Trump/Q train, I have no interest in being associated with the party.

Religious Right is mobilizing
    =========================

FORT WORTH — The pastor was already pacing when he gave the first signal. Then he gave another, and another, until a giant video screen behind him was lit up with an enormous colored map of Fort Worth divided into four quadrants.

Greed, the map read over the west side. Competition, it said over the east side. Rebellion, it said over the north part of the city. Lust, it said over the south.
    It was an hour and a half into the 11 a.m. service of a church that represents a rapidly growing kind of Christianity in the United States, one whose goal includes bringing under the authority of a biblical God every facet of life, from schools to city halls to Washington, where the pastor had traveled a month after the Jan. 6 insurrection and filmed himself in front of the U.S. Capitol saying quietly, “Father, we declare America is yours.”

The church is called Mercy Culture, and it is part of a growing Christian movement that is nondenominational, openly political and has become an engine of former president Donald Trump’s Republican Party. It includes some of the largest congregations in the nation, housed in the husks of old Baptist churches, former big-box stores and sprawling multimillion-dollar buildings with private security to direct traffic on Sundays. Its most successful leaders are considered apostles and prophets, including some with followings in the hundreds of thousands, publishing empires, TV shows, vast prayer networks, podcasts, spiritual academies, and branding in the form of T-shirts, bumper stickers and even flags.

It is a world in which demons are real, miracles are real, and the ultimate mission is not just transforming individual lives but also turning civilization itself into their version of God’s Kingdom: one with two genders, no abortion, a free-market economy, Bible-based education, church-based social programs and laws such as the ones curtailing LGBTQ rights now moving through statehouses around the country.

This is the world of Trump’s spiritual adviser Paula White and many more lesser-known but influential religious leaders who prophesied that Trump would win the election and helped organize nationwide prayer rallies in the days before the Jan. 6 insurrection, speaking of an imminent “heavenly strike” and “a Christian populist uprising,” leading many who stormed the Capitol to believe they were taking back the country for God..........

None of which is new, exactly. Strains of this thinking formed the basis of the Christian right in the 1970s and have fueled the GOP for decades.

What is new is the degree to which Trump elevated a fresh network of NAR-style leaders who in turn elevated him as God’s chosen president, a fusion that has secured the movement as a grass-roots force within the GOP just as the old Christian right is waning. Increasingly, this is the world that the term “evangelical voter” refers to — not white-haired Southern Baptists in wooden pews but the comparatively younger, more diverse, more extreme world of millions drawn to leaders who believe they are igniting a new Great Awakening in America, one whose epicenter is Texas..............

Every time this troglodyte mouth breathes into a mic, it's as if millions of neurons suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced... pLaN b DoEs NoT cAuSe AbOrTiOnS...

If you yell fake news loud enough, your followers won't hear you lying...lol
    Jesus, does this woman research ANYTHING before she talks about it?

I like her take on these things. Well, like isn’t the right word, but she seems to have a pretty good handle on what the Republican Party is doing and going through.

It makes no sense to anyone with the ability to reason. But it should convince their voters just fine.

I’m curious why liberals - the free spirited traveling hippies who want to to hang out at coffee shops in their fedoras - want to live in a pandemic state
    Liberals are strangely becoming conservative and at times seem to want the Victorian era where rules on behavior in society were very important. It is a paradox!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom