What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Liberals are strangely becoming conservative and at times seem to want the Victorian era where rules on behavior in society were very important. It is a paradox!

Is that of way of saying liberals support public health measures? Duh, we trust the science and support stopping the spread of a pandemic

What other Victorian era type rules on behavior do liberals want?

Is that of way of saying liberals support public health measures? Duh, we trust the science and support stopping the spread of a pandemic

What other Victorian era type rules on behavior do liberals want?
    Dating is now more conservative. Some female athletes in the olympics decided to wear conservative clothing to show less skin, flirting is not tolerated anymore. It looks like a return to the Victorian era.

Dating is now more conservative. Some female athletes in the olympics decided to wear conservative clothing to show less skin, flirting is not tolerated anymore. It looks like a return to the Victorian era.

Huh? I don't know what any of that has to do specifically with liberals or how those things represent Victorian era rules.

Straight people really don't flirt anymore? That's hard to believe.

Huh? I don't know what any of that has to do specifically with liberals or how those things represent Victorian era rules.

Hard to believe because it's utterly ridiculous. There's plenty of flirting going on, and not just by single people.

Also, the difference between now and Victorian-era ideas of female modesty is before that was forced on women, today women are making a choice to be less objectified. Once again nuance reveals reality. You can't compare society forcing certain behaviors in women to women forcing society to accept certain behaviors from them. There's a marked difference there.

Liberals have changed. They were much more open in the 1960s and 70s. Now liberal women are more conservative with regards to dating. Many end up alone without a partner. They do not tolerate flirting. This is mostly the highly educated feminist type woman. Blue collar women are fine and tolerate flirting.

Liberals have changed. They were much more open in the 1960s and 70s. Now liberal women are more conservative with regards to dating. Many end up alone without a partner. They do not tolerate flirting. This is mostly the highly educated feminist type woman. Blue collar women are fine and tolerate flirting.

Is this one of those things that is "obvious" to everybody? This is just another overly simplistic generalization that likely doesn't have a strong basis in fact and would be impossible to prove. You seem to love doing this because it affirms your overly reductive view of liberals, women and society in general and makes your points easier to make. But it's not a very convincing style of argument or debate.

Is this one of those things that is "obvious" to everybody? This is just another overly simplistic generalization that likely doesn't have a strong basis in fact and would be impossible to prove. You seem to love doing this because it affirms your overly reductive view of liberals, women and society in general and makes your points easier to make. But it's not a very convincing style of argument or debate.
    It definitely doesn't have a strong basis in fact, but in @Paul's defense, it could be that in his personal experience liberal women really don't tolerate flirting.

Not sure I'd have wanted to advertise that to the world myself though.

I do not think I have said anything controversial. But, some of my personal views show up in my writing. That feminists have issues with flirting is no secret and you are free to google that.

Some feminists tend to be single and die alone with no family.

Well, it’s kind of a big shift to go from “many” feminists end up single, to “some” isn’t it?

Some say feminism and marriage are not compatible.
    What kind of man is attractive to a feminist? Do they exist?
    All kinds of prejudice bundled up in that question. Some feminists are attracted to women, and the kind of person someone is attracted to depends on the individual person.

Although generally, I'd suggest feminists are more likely to be interested in other feminists, as opposed to misogynistic bigots.

Signed, man married to liberal 'highly educated feminist type woman' and wondering what this has to do with the future of the Republican Party anyway, Rob.

Some say feminism and marriage are not compatible.
    What kind of man is attractive to a feminist? Do they exist?
    so my marriage is not compatible? Or since I am married I cannot be a feminist? This seems absurd on its face.

What does this have to do with the republican party? There could certainly a very good discussion about how the interaction between genders have changed over the years but it would be better served in its own thread

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom