What happens to the Republican Party now? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

So much for actually wanting border security. They don’t really care about that all that much, turns out.

This is why conditions in rural America will continue to deteriorate. Republican rural voters outright lie to themselves support Trump and the Republican agenda. This women knows damn well the economic problems and strife in her community didn't just started 3 years ago. 🙄

Also, why doesn't she blame her state government dominated by Republicans for decades?

Just so much BS. Americans are so damaged

===========
    As for the 2024 presidential election, Mayo said, “We hope Trump gets back in there. Maybe he can straighten it out … Because it wasn’t in this turmoil when he left. All this has managed to happen in the last three years.”
    ===========

This is worse than I thought. Openly siding with Putin over Ukraine

This is why conditions in rural America will continue to deteriorate. Republican rural voters outright lie to themselves support Trump and the Republican agenda. This women knows damn well the economic problems and strife in her community didn't just started 3 years ago. 🙄

Also, why doesn't she blame her state government dominated by Republicans for decades?

Just so much BS. Americans are so damaged

===========
    As for the 2024 presidential election, Mayo said, “We hope Trump gets back in there. Maybe he can straighten it out … Because it wasn’t in this turmoil when he left. All this has managed to happen in the last three years.”
    ===========

They know basically nothing will change for them. They just want bumper stickers and to talk $hit.

There ARE plenty of anti Trump evangelicals.
    I'm one of them.
    The ones who are anti Trump probably just tell their spouse.
    It's not gonna be something that you talk about when wait for church to start or after church is done.
    A have a hunch that Trump's Evangelical vote will be significantly less than some people think.....cause some people just want to look down on Evangelicals and it brings them pleasure to post things that portray them in a negative light. If you are a Christian voter who wants a person who "walks the walk" of what the scripture teaches, you should NOT be thinking that Donald Trump is your candidate....in my opinion.

I'm one of them.
    It's not gonna be something that you talk about when wait for church to start or after church is done.
    A have a hunch that Trump's Evangelical vote will be significantly less than some people think.....cause some people just want to look down on Evangelicals and it brings them pleasure to post things that portray them in a negative light. If you are a Christian voter who wants a person who "walks the walk" of what the scripture teaches, you should NOT be thinking that Donald Trump is your candidate....in my opinion.

Why wouldn't you talk to your fellow churchgoers about it? If you believe your faith dictates that you cannot vote for Trump, why wouldn't you want to have that conversation with people who share your faith? That would be the best place to start when changing people's minds.

What makes you think Trump's evangelical support will decline? He went from 77% in 2016 to 84% in 2020. After four years of Trump, he gained 7 points.

I'm one of them.
    I'm also one. And as one who walks the walk, that's why I believe we should be voting Democrat for the foreseeable future.

Why wouldn't you talk to your fellow churchgoers about it? If you believe your faith dictates that you cannot vote for Trump, why wouldn't you want to have that conversation with people who share your faith? That would be the best place to start when changing people's minds.

For me, I largely adhere pretty strongly to separation of church and state. I don't want religion in my politics, and vice versa. As long as no one else in my church is talking about politics, I'm not going to be the one to bring it up. That's not what church is for, in my opinion.

Now, if a fellow churchgoer brings it up, or tries to convince me that Trump is the right way to vote, or the pastor starts promoting it from the pulpit, they'll hear from me exactly why they're wrong.

Separation of church and state is critical.

There are also things that should be acknowledged.

Religion informs many people’s decisions. This is not surprising. In addition, claims of some that they have a biblical worldview should be viewed with the same lens that is used to view philosophy. The Bible has multiple errors and contradictions contained within it. Thus it can be used to support virtually any position on virtually any issue. The same applies to the other so-called Abrahamic faiths.

But there is more going on in this country than is spoken particularly by those on the right. There are calls for putting God into or back into government And for bringing religion back into the public square. There are problems here. The calls have at their foundation a belief that a particular religion or denomination is “Truth” and thus beyond discussion. So they really do not want religion in the public square which would imply discussion of dogma, belief and dissection of scripture. They also want their belief structure installed as basis for legal actions that impact different or non-believers.

No than you on multiple levels.

Religion has been, is and always will be used as a weapon when installed as politics. When you mix politics and religion you get politics.

I'm one of them.

I'm also one.

People use the word evangelical in different ways with different ideas of what it means. Would both of you please define what evangelical means to you, so that I accurately understand what you're both saying. I don't have a response to what either of you said, I just want to make sure I accurately understand both of you.

People use the word evangelical in different ways with different ideas of what it means. Would both of you please define what evangelical means to you, so that I accurately understand what you're both saying. I don't have a response to what either of you said, I just want to make sure I accurately understand both of you.
    To me , "Evangelicals" are people who attend a church in which the focus of that church is to encourage everyone who attends regularly to share the Good News (the Gospel) with others. They are encouraged to tell others that although everyone on earth has sinned, Jesus loves everyone and has paid the price for you when HE died on the cross.
    This Jesus Christ centered focus is in contrast to any other religious institution that promotes reaching heaven or an "after life" by "being a good person" or by following whatever are the rules, laws, rituals or expectations of that religion.
    I hope that was helpful.

Last edited:
    To me , "Evangelicals" are people who attend a church in which the focus of that church is to encourage everyone who attends regularly to share the Good News (the Gospel) with others. Tell others that although everyone on earth has sinned, Jesus loves everyone and has paid the price for you when HE died on the cross.
    This Christ centered focus is in contrast to any other religious institution that promotes reaching heaven or an after life by "being a good person" or by following whatever are the rules, rituals or expectations of that religion.
    I hope that was helpful.
    For the media, pollsters and often times for on this thread:
    "Evangelicals" is a term to help ( for discussion or classification purposes ) to categorize people.
    These groups (media, pollsters, etc) seemingly find it helpful to create separate categories under the huge "Christian" umbrella:
    Catholics
    Main Line Denominational Protestants
    Evangelicals
    This categorizing is useful for THEIR purposes.
    I...Steve...I'd like to point out that doing this is of course an over simplification.
    There is blurring across the lines of these three groups.

Last edited:
    This is an interesting opinion piece on the subject of Evangelicals and what it means to be a Christian today in America. I didn’t agree with everything she says, but I think overall she makes some good points.

Edit: the link works for me, not sure why there isn’t a preview.

See this is how you expose insider trading. Merely buying or selling stocks isn’t enough right now, when it’s legal to do so. You have to provide context. I remain in favor of a ban on members of Congress holding individual stocks. But calling every trade a MOC makes insider trading does harm to that goal.

This is an interesting opinion piece on the subject of Evangelicals and what it means to be a Christian today in America. I didn’t agree with everything she says, but I think overall she makes some good points.

Edit: the link works for me, not sure why there isn’t a preview.
    It opened for me as well. I CAN view it. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom