What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

They keep saying the quiet part out loud.

Ohio Abortion, Marijuana Vote Results Proof ‘Pure Democracies Are Not the Way to Run a Country,’ Says Former Sen. Rick Santorum​

Number two, their base is more ginned up to go out and vote generally than Republicans. We’ve seen this now for the last several years, and so a base election, they — Democrats — outspend, and you put very sexy things like abortion and marijuana on the ballot, and a lot of young people come out and vote. It was a secret sauce for disaster in Ohio. I don’t know what they were thinking, but um, that’s why I thank goodness that most of the states in this country don’t allow you to put everything on the ballot because pure democracies are not the way to run a country.

They keep saying the quiet part out loud.

Ohio Abortion, Marijuana Vote Results Proof ‘Pure Democracies Are Not the Way to Run a Country,’ Says Former Sen. Rick Santorum​

Rick “Frothy” Santorum is just ticked he can’t be legislating to crawl up into a woman’s business anymore.

They want to yell "fraud" already, but i think i know the real reason why this happened.
    Kentucky is mostly Republican, but they would rather vote for a white Democrat than a Black Republican.

I would typically agree with you, but maybe not this time. Bashir beat the incumbent white Republican Governor Bevin in this first election in 2019, he has a family name recognition in the state, he has high approval ratings and he was the incumbent. It's not a big surprise he won reelection.

They want to yell "fraud" already, but i think i know the real reason why this happened.
    Kentucky is mostly Republican, but they would rather vote for a white Democrat than a Black Republican.
    Someone should turn this into that meme with the two red buttons

IMG_7442.jpeg

I would typically agree with you, but maybe not this time. Bashir beat the incumbent white Republican Governor Bevin in this first election in 2019, he has a family name recognition in the state, he has high approval ratings and he was the incumbent. It's not a big surprise he won reelection.
    yes, but by .37% not 5 whole points.

yes, but by .37% not 5 whole points.
    I think that in some counties the racial angle is probably true. But I also think that overall Bashear is a popular governor with the usual incumbent advantage.

Loudoun county, Virginia, attracted national headlines in 2021, when parents outraged over the alleged instruction of critical race theory and policies regarding transgender students shouted down officials at school board meetings.

Republican Glenn Youngkin made the issue a central focus of his gubernatorial campaign in the months after, accusing Democrats of politicizing education to the detriment of students’ learning and blaming them for pandemic-related school closures. And he had hoped it would continue to work in Tuesday’s general election.

“No more are we going to make parents stand outside of the room,” Youngkin told a crowd in Leesburg, part of Loudon county, on Monday. “We are going to put them at the head of the table in charge of our children’s lives.”

But that message failed on Tuesday, as Democratic-endorsed candidates won a majority on the Loudoun county school board.

The elections, in which every school board seat was up for grabs on Tuesday, had been framed as a test of the resiliency of parents’ rights as a campaign issue. Republicans had hoped to replicate Youngkin’s success in Loudoun county, which serves more than 80,000 students in a wealthy area located about an hour outside Washington. Instead, Loudoun county voters delivered a six-seat majority for Democratic-backed candidates on the nine-seat school board.

The Democrats’ wins reflected their broader success on Tuesday, as they maintained their majority in the state senate and flipped control of the house of delegates. Despite Youngkin’s hopes that Republicans would take full control of the legislature, he will instead finish his gubernatorial term with a statehouse led by Democrats.…..

The new Loudoun county school board will be composed solely of new members, as the two incumbents who ran on Tuesday both lost, and Republicans fell short in their efforts to take the majority.

As Democrats took a victory lap on Tuesday, some of them pointed to the results in Loudoun county as evidence that Youngkin’s message of parents’ rights no longer resonates with Virginia voters.

“It’s always been obvious to those who paid attention that Republicans oversold their political advantage by weaponizing school board meetings with culture war issues,” the Democratic strategist Sawyer Hackett said on X, formerly known as Twitter. “Glenn Youngkin’s politics have never been popular in Loudoun.”……..

Why isn’t Ken Paxton in jail by now?

Nowhere was there a bigger sigh of relief on Tuesday night than at the White House.

Brutal opinion polls for Joe Biden at the weekend had revived murmurs over his viability as the Democratic standard bearer in next year’s presidential election. But then came sweeping victories for Democrats at the ballot box in general elections that offered a reminder of two key Republican liabilities: abortion and democracy.

Reproductive rights supporters won big in an Ohio ballot measure. The Democratic governor, Andy Beshear, was re-elected in Kentucky by campaigning on reproductive rights while his challenger, the state attorney general, Daniel Cameron, touted his endorsement by former president Donald Trump. A Democrat won an open seat on the Pennsylvania supreme court after campaigning on his pledge to uphold abortion rights.

Perhaps the biggest pre-2024 barometer was Virginia, where the Republican governor, Glenn Youngkin, who has assailed voting rights, poured tens of millions of dollars into an effort to gain full control of the statehouse and impose a 15-week abortion ban. Instead Democrats secured both chambers, simultaneously killing off rumours of a last-minute Youngkin presidential bid.

If things had gone the other way, the whispering campaign for 80-year-old Biden to step aside would have become a roar. Instead, in the cold light of day, white hair and an unsteady gait look like small offences compared with a messianic mission to end American democracy and reproductive autonomy.…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom