/* */

What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

It was a career-ending gaffe, or at least has come to be seen that way. “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach,” said Democratic candidate Terry McAuliffe during a 2021 Virginia gubernatorial debate with his Republican rival, Glenn Youngkin.

The line was replayed endlessly in attack ads, and handed Youngkin a gift for the central plank of his election campaign: “Parents matter.” He prevailed in a state that Joe Biden had won a year earlier. Now Youngkin is seeking to repeat the trick on 7 November on behalf of Republicans in elections for Virginia’s state assembly.

The modern-day “parents’ rights” movement has roots in grievance over schools’ handling of the coronavirus pandemic, including long closures and mask mandates. Republican messaging subsequently pivoted to cultural divides that have sparked clashes around instruction of topics related to race, sexual orientation and gender identity.

Conservative political action committees also funnelled millions of dollars to school board races, backing candidates who oppose what they see as ultra-leftist ideology in public schools. The once obscure boards have become acrimonious battlegrounds debating everything from book bans and critical race theory to “patriotic” history lessons and transgender students’ use of school bathrooms.

But the electoral potency of such issues among suburban voters is increasingly being questioned. On a national level Ron DeSantis, the governor of Florida who built his candidacy around “anti-wokeness”, has failed to catch fire in the Republican presidential primary election. Now the limitations of the message will be put to the test in Virginia.

Danica Roem, a member of the Virginia house of delegates bidding to become the first transgender member of the state senate, said in an interview: “The closing message of the Republican running against me [Bill Wool] is transphobia, transphobia, transphobia. Between him and the supporting organisations, my face ended up in black and white negative mailers 20 times this campaign and they’ve done weeks of negative TV. We expect them to go hard negative at the end of this campaign…….

But i agree, if parents told the school what they could teach, they school system would be 10x worse than it is now. They are are already destroying the librairies in the schools.

But i agree, if parents told the school what they could teach, they school system would be 10x worse than it is now. They are are already destroying the librairies in the schools.
    Eh, they should soften the language a bit. Instead, what the messaging should be is that parents should work closely with teachers to ensure their kids are getting the best education possible. This empowers both teachers and parents.

Eh, they should soften the language a bit. Instead, what the messaging should be is that parents should work closely with teachers to ensure their kids are getting the best education possible. This empowers both teachers and parents.
    i agree and that should be 100% the way it works, but that is not usually the agenda for the type of people mentioned above, which is exactly why they are using that sound bite.

Welp, yet another stand up Republican is leaving office. Ken Buck has had enough and is saying the party has to quit saying the 2020 election was stolen and he doesn't support Trump and thinks Trump won't be the next President. He thinks both chambers of Congress are up for grabs in 2024.
    I wouldn't necessarily call him stand up considering he's one of the 8 who led to the chaos over the past three weeks.

And if parents want the Bible taught as literal, inerrant truth Including creationism and young earth? No thanks. CRT is not taught in K-12 yet we have screams about that. We have screams about little white snowflakes regarding slavery. They should feel bad. Slavery was horrific. They should also learn that treating people well is part of the process of answering for slavery. Germany handles Nazism in the correct manner. Not so here. We have The Lost Cause and The Civil War was a fight over tariffs and states’ rights. Such bullschlitz.

And if parents want the Bible taught as literal, inerrant truth Including creationism and young earth? No thanks. CRT is not taught in K-12 yet we have screams about that. We have screams about little white snowflakes regarding slavery. They should feel bad. Slavery was horrific. They should also learn that treating people well is part of the process of answering for slavery. Germany handles Nazism in the correct manner. Not so here. We have The Lost Cause and The Civil War was a fight over tariffs and states’ rights. Such bullschlitz.
    Yeah, parents should be involved and active, but they don't get to set the curriculum. If they want to suggest curriculum ideas, that needs to be vetted by the school board. If a parent doesn't like it, they can send their kids to private school or home school them.

Yeah, parents should be involved and active, but they don't get to set the curriculum. If they want to suggest curriculum ideas, that needs to be vetted by the school board. If a parent doesn't like it, they can send their kids to private school or home school them.
    I'm pretty sure the sorts of parents we're talking about believe they themselves should be the ones vetting and setting up their child's curriculum.

The whole "no one else knows what's best for my child" idea run amok.

the thing is its not always parents ifs stooges that are doing the bidding of the far right often they dont even have kids in that school district. The proud boys have been doing this a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom