What happens to the Republican Party now? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

I see that the plan coming from the house to control inflation will add 30% to the price of goods. What a great idea.

Republican spending at the infamous DC hotel that was once owned by former President Donald Trump has dwindled to a pittance since he sold it, FEC records show.

The glittering Trump International Hotel housed and entertained numerous Republican officials, candidates and lawmakers throughout the Trump presidency, to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

But a new report from the ethics watchdog Citizens for Responsiblity and Ethics in Washington (CREW) says that the flow of money all but stopped after the golden letters spelling "TRUMP" came down from the building's facade.

CREW is a progressive-leaning accountability organization that has aggressively targeted the Trump administration in particular. Insider corroborated its findings through examining FEC spending records.

The Trump International Hotel, housed in DC's famed Old Post Office building, closed its doors in May last year, and reopened as the Waldorf Astoria a couple of weeks later.

An Insider examination of FEC records show that the GOP has spent just under $2,000 there since Trump handed over the lease. That accounted for the hotel stays of four Republicans, including Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert.

That's a far cry from the at least $670,000 spent by GOP officials, candidates and PACs at the hotel throughout the same five-month period in 2018 — not including revenue from bars and restaurants (including these, CREW placed the total spend at $867,000).

Both periods cover the busy midterm campaign seasons for their respective years.

Trump's DC hotel became a focal point for ethics red flags after Trump refused to fully divest his assets on assuming the presidency.

Since the start of Trump's presidency, GOP figures spent around $2.5 million at the hotel while he owned it, FEC records show. Prior to his presidency, Republicans barely spent any money at his hotels, according to an analysis by Politico.

In 2021, the House Oversight Committee determined that the hotel had taken more than $3.7 million in revenue from visiting foreign dignitaries, with reports that some nations were choosing the hotel to curry favor.

The Republican National Committee was not immediately reachable for comment.

Republicans have long defended their use of Trump hotels, on the basis of convenience, quality and suitability for their work..............

Guess this can go here

Did anyone watch the CNN documentary on Giuliani?
    =================
    Rudy Giuliani, a personal attorney for former President Donald Trump, said he is suffering a "tremendous burden" because he couldn't stop President Joe Biden from being elected.

On his Sunday radio show, Giuliani complained that Biden does not "know what he's doing."

"I don't want a senile president, and I don't want a corrupt president," co-host Dr. Maria Ryan said.

"Well, the American people voted for him," Giuliani replied. "They knew he was corrupt or at least half of them knew he was corrupt. I wasn't able to get the message to the other half.".

"And you know the tremendous burden I feel as a result of that," he added. "I mean, I'm the one who uncovered Biden's corruption. Nobody knew about it."........

Rudy is becoming increasingly detached from reality. trump’s corruption stared him in the face and he didn’t run in horror.

article doesn't say specifically but I have a pretty good idea of how the comments went
    =================================================

COVENTRY — A new restaurant in town is stirring controversy with its ambiguous name.

When owner Carmen Quiroga opened Woke Breakfast & Coffee on Main Street recently, she meant to convey, "Wake up and have a coffee," she said. The immigrant to the U.S. from Mexico said she had no idea about conservatives' use of the word as a slam on liberal overreach.

"I'm a Mexican," Quiroga said. "I don't know anything about what 'woke' means to some people."

Residents, however, say divisions over the name have been heated.

"Just a word of warning, anymore ridiculous comments about the name of the new breakfast place in town will be deleted," the administrator of The Coventry CT Citizen's Open Forum on Facebook wrote Thursday.

"If you are that close-minded that you can't grasp that the name is referring to the fact that it is a breakfast establishment and nothing more, then just keep that to yourself and move on," administrator Tonya Landrie Ohlund wrote. "It's disgusting to read that residents are going to refuse to support a business that is trying to grow in our awesome little town because you don't like what they've named it, without even knowing anything about how they chose that name. Just stop."

Patrons who filled every table in the restaurant Friday morning said they cared nothing about the name as long as the food and service was good. Leslie Poirier, a town resident who was waiting to be seated, said some residents declared they would boycott the restaurant because of the name, which she called "crap."

"I think they should hang a sign that says, 'Idiot-free zone,' " Poirier said.

Paul Carter of Coventry, who was seated alone at a small table, also dismissed the critics, saying the name is clearly meant to convey "breakfast." The restaurant's logo, Carter noted, uses a sunny side up egg for the "O."..................

woke.jpg

article doesn't say specifically but I have a pretty good idea of how the comments went
    =================================================

COVENTRY — A new restaurant in town is stirring controversy with its ambiguous name.

When owner Carmen Quiroga opened Woke Breakfast & Coffee on Main Street recently, she meant to convey, "Wake up and have a coffee," she said. The immigrant to the U.S. from Mexico said she had no idea about conservatives' use of the word as a slam on liberal overreach.

"I'm a Mexican," Quiroga said. "I don't know anything about what 'woke' means to some people."

Residents, however, say divisions over the name have been heated.

"Just a word of warning, anymore ridiculous comments about the name of the new breakfast place in town will be deleted," the administrator of The Coventry CT Citizen's Open Forum on Facebook wrote Thursday.

"If you are that close-minded that you can't grasp that the name is referring to the fact that it is a breakfast establishment and nothing more, then just keep that to yourself and move on," administrator Tonya Landrie Ohlund wrote. "It's disgusting to read that residents are going to refuse to support a business that is trying to grow in our awesome little town because you don't like what they've named it, without even knowing anything about how they chose that name. Just stop."

Patrons who filled every table in the restaurant Friday morning said they cared nothing about the name as long as the food and service was good. Leslie Poirier, a town resident who was waiting to be seated, said some residents declared they would boycott the restaurant because of the name, which she called "crap."

"I think they should hang a sign that says, 'Idiot-free zone,' " Poirier said.

Paul Carter of Coventry, who was seated alone at a small table, also dismissed the critics, saying the name is clearly meant to convey "breakfast." The restaurant's logo, Carter noted, uses a sunny side up egg for the "O."..................

woke.jpg
    Oh, Fercryinoutloud. These losers are psychotic.

Well, that didn’t take long. MTG, in one of her first tweets since being reinstated, has dog whistled like crazy:

Conservatives have successfully cancelled the M&M's characters because they weren't sexy enough.

Take that liberals!
    That first sentence is kind of…ewww. And it is correct as well as underscoring conservative obsession with sex.

At least one can explain the fear (and anger towards) homosexual, blacks, women, brown people, college professors :hihi: , etc. but some of this stuff is beyond absurd. Imagine what it takes to get angry about what chocolate, fictitious, cartoon characters are wearing or what they look like.

What a bunch of losers.

Its candy for crying out loud!!
    So (female) candy have to be sexy????? He is a total whacko!

I feel like M&M was about to kill that campaign anyway, and they figured they get some free press out of it on the way out by blaming the Anti Woke crowd, and like fish do, they took it hook line and sinker...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom