What happens to the Republican Party now? (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Good for you. I'm going to enjoy my Saturday and Sunday as well because I have nothing to celebrate Monday.
    July 2019 the economy was good and gas prices were reasonable and none of us had yet heard of Covid. July 2022 things are not so rosy, but there are many things to be thankful for. NON political things.

For example....California Governor Ronald Reagan ran for President in a tough primary against George Herbert Walker Bush. They did not like each other and Reagan's conservative view of the world was not a perfect match with Bush's moderate style. Yet GOP back room power brokers must have convinced them to pair up to make a victory in November much more likely. I am floating the idea that a DeSantis Cheney ticket could evolve for the same reasons?🤔
    Um, don’t think so. DeSantis is insane.

July 2019 the economy was good and gas prices were reasonable and none of us had yet heard of Covid. July 2022 things are not so rosy, but there are many things to be thankful for. NON political things.
    Monday is the 4th of July, not Thanksgiving. The 4th is meant to celebrate the birth of our country....a country that was founded on the principle of laws and freedom from religious influence in our government. Even as a black man in America and only having my equality guaranteed 50+ years ago, I still celebrated the country I love wondering why my country doesn't love me back. Until Republicans stop trying to destroy America from within, there is nothing to celebrate on the 4th aside from a day off from work.

Monday is the 4th of July, not Thanksgiving. The 4th is meant to celebrate the birth of our country....a country that was founded on the principle of laws and freedom from religious influence in our government. Even as a black man in America and only having my equality guaranteed 50+ years ago, I still celebrated the country I love wondering why my country doesn't love me back. Until Republicans stop trying to destroy America from within, there is nothing to celebrate on the 4th aside from a day off from work.
    Boy. It's sad to be you.

I think it's an interesting discussion, but I'm not sure someone like Cheney would be on a ticket with DeSantis. I'm sure there are others who would, but idk.
    I doubt she would. DeSantis is a proxy for Trump. Although he's smart enough not to comment too much on the whole January 6th issue because he is slowly morphing into the 2024 favorite in a world where Trump settles for grifting people through his PAC as opposed to running. But DeSantis will never disavow Trump because he is cut from the same cloth.

I sure promise not to "destroy Anerica from within". I also notice that more Democrats than Republicans have a BITTER SPIRIT. You have a Democratic President. You have the majority in the House of Representatives. The country is headed in a more climate sensitive "green" direction. Trump is being exposed week after week as the embarrassing loser that he is....YET YOU ARE STILL BITTER!?🤔

A black man shares some honest thoughts about his experience as an American and this is your response.

A lot of what’s wrong with this country are the people who wear Christianity on their sleeve and not an ounce of empathy to go with it.
    There is plenty to be thankful for. I wish Democrats (and actually Republicans too) would focus on the positive aspects in life. I am focusing on a person's outlook in life and the manner/style in which they speak to me. THAT is how I am moved to compose my response to a person...skin color is irrelevant. I can be empathetic or sympathetic when appropriate. Of course I often am. Yet I encouraged this gentleman to find a way to be thankful on our country's holiday but he stubbornly dug in deeper regarding his bitterness. If he had said: " I need a surgery but I don't have the funds" I would have responded compassionately. If he had said "I recently lost my job and I am down on my luck" I would have responded compassionately. Yet he chose to attack Republicans saying they are trying to destroy the country from within. Yet I will reflect more on your words and I will try to do better in the future.

Last edited:
    There is plenty to be thankful for. I wish Democrats (and actually Republicans too) would focus on the positive aspects in life. I am focusing on a person's outlook in life. I never want to focus on a person's skin color. I can be empathetic or sympathetic when appropriate. Of course I often am. Yet I encouraged this gentleman to find a way to be thankful on our country's holiday but he stubbornly dug in deeper regarding his bitterness. If he had said: " I need a surgery but I don't have the funds" I would have responded compassionately. If he had said "I recently lost my job and I am down on my luck" I would have responded compassionately. Yet he chose to attack Republicans saying they are trying to destroy the country from within. I will try to do better in the future.

You’re completely missing the point. You want people to feel what you feel about America without ever considering why many don’t. I actually admire that he’s made the effort to feel something nostalgic for a country that has given him many reasons not to.

America has an abysmal history of civil rights abuses; literally founded on genocide and built with slave labor. ‘Just be thankful’ is such a grotesquely privileged take when many Americans still feel the pain of racism, millions of women just lost fundamental privacy rights, the LGBTQ+ community is in the crosshairs, and there are strong signals that the backsliding has only begun.

My wife and I live in a state that is set to deny her of her reproductive rights. She’s entrusted to make decisions overseeing a multi-million dollar business but not her own body. We won’t be observing American independence, either.

You’re completely missing the point. You want people to feel what you feel about America without ever considering why many don’t. I actually admire that he’s made the effort to feel something nostalgic for a country that has given him many reasons not to.

America has an abysmal history of civil rights abuses; literally founded on genocide and built with slave labor. ‘Just be thankful’ is such a grotesquely privileged take when many Americans still feel the pain of racism, millions of women just lost fundamental privacy rights, the LGBTQ+ community is in the crosshairs, and there are strong signals that the backsliding has only begun.

My wife and I live in a state that is set to deny her of her reproductive rights. She’s entrusted to make decisions overseeing a multi-million dollar business but not her own body. We won’t be observing American independence, either.
    You are correct. I WAS totally missing the point. I "get it now".
    Thanks for coming back to the thread because your views in your most recent post made an impact on me.

She wouldn’t, unless she made some kind of crazy 180, which has happened to many of the idiots in that party….but I think Liz has to much integrity for that….I could see a Cheney/Romney ticket as making sense but probably not polling well with the crazies….
    If Cheney or Romney could get their party’s nomination either would cruise to victory in the general. They’ve shown integrity and that they’re willing to put party over country, which I think would be persuasive for independents.

But at the moment I don’t think either would have a chance. It’ll either be Trump or DeSantis (probably DeSantis).

If Cheney or Romney could get their party’s nomination either would cruise to victory in the general. They’ve shown integrity and that they’re willing to put party over country, which I think would be persuasive for independents.

But at the moment I don’t think either would have a chance. It’ll either be Trump or DeSantis (probably DeSantis).
    Romney had his chance. He won't get another. Agree? :unsure:

Boy. It's sad to be you.
    Actually it's quite nice being me. Despite everything that I've had to face in my life, I have realized the American dream. My very existence is what pisses off people like you. I take great joy in that every day.
    I sure promise not to "destroy Anerica from within".
    LOL. I know you are lying because you continue to support and vote for the people who are hell-bent on doing just that. Oh, and just so you know, I've been a registered Independent since 1988. And yes, I'm bitter. I'm bitter because I, as well as my two older brothers served this country and now people like you and the people you support are trying to destroy it because you're scared of becoming a minority in a country that you feel is rightfully yours. You fear becoming a minority because you know how minorities have been treated in this country since its inception and you damn well don't want to be on the receiving end.

In the immortal words of Prince, "Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I only want you to have some fun." Carry on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom