Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

The theory is that if you are running against a bat shirt crazy dangerous opponent it will be much easier to win the general election

When it first happened many here (myself included) said we didn’t agree with the approach, said it was dangerous, stupid, hypocritical and could easily backfire

When our side does something like this we call them out on it (recently with letter to negotiate with Russia)

We tend not to circle the wagons and pretend that it’s perfectly fine and acceptable

Feel free to post any responses you've made where you come down on what the right has said or done (and Liz Cheney, Kinzinger, Hogan etc. doesn't count)
    It has nothing to do with yall calling them out and I applaud that. If the democrats truly believed that democracy is at stake if those Republicans are elected there is no way in hell that they would financially support them. Period

It has nothing to do with yall calling them out and I applaud that. If the democrats truly believed that democracy is at stake if those Republicans are elected there is no way in hell that they would financially support them. Period
    So says the guy that says free and fair elections in Ukraine was a US sponsored coup against Russia and the Jan 6 riot @ the US Capitol was not an attempted coup.

Eventhough those rioter were calling for the the assassination of several members of our government, including both Pence & Pelosi, #'s 1&2 in the lines of succession.

Last edited:
    How do you think they were “financially supporting” them? From what I read the ads that democrats paid for highlighted their radical beliefs and said they weren’t fit for office. They brought their beliefs that the election was stolen out in the open and emphasized it. The fact that they went on to win their primaries is a pretty bad indictment of the Republican voters in their districts, not the democrats.

Ahem!!!

President Trump
    Sen. Ted Cruz (Tex.)
    Sen. Josh Hawley (Mo.)
    Sen. Marsha Blackburn (Tenn.)
    Sen. Ron Johnson (Wis.)
    Sen. James Lankford (Okla.)
    Sen. Cynthia M. Lummis (Wyo.)
    Sen. Tommy Tuberville (Ala.)
    Sen. Steve Daines (Mont.)
    Sen. John Neely Kennedy (La.)
    Sen. Bill Hagerty (Tenn.)
    Sen. Mike Braun (Ind.)
    Sen. Roger Marshall (Kan.)
    Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (Ms.)
    Sen. Rick Scott (Fl.)

These are all members of the government and they all took part of seditious actions leading up to an on Jan 6. I didn't list the House because that would be venturing into TL/DR territory! Also, just because I agreed with you on Dems "support" for Radical Republicans, doesn't mean that I agree that the Dems actually support them and if you believe that they do then :freak7:.
    What seditious actions did they commit? Planning a coup or stupidly planning to challenge the election result?

What seditious actions did they commit? Planning a coup or stupidly planning to challenge the election result?
    Nothing seditious. They are just authoritarian jagoffs who don't give a crap about spewing disinformation on election integrity. But you don't care about that because they support your kind of politics.

Nvmd all of their pre-Jan 6 rhetoric, Cruz's actual objection speech references the election of 1876, an election where some states sent competing electors in an effort to disenfranchise the black voters. His speech was just a prelude to part 2 of the plan which was to have Sen Johnson reject his State's electors and present the fake ones to VP Pence, this was a conspiracy that they were all in on concocted by Trump's lawyer Eastman. Once those members I listed signed that letter, they became complicit. Democracy was saved that day by VP Mike Pence because he wouldn't accept their fake electors.

Nvmd all of their pre-Jan 6 rhetoric, Cruz's actual objection speech references the election of 1876, an election where some states sent competing electors in an effort to disenfranchise the black voters. His speech was just a prelude to part 2 of the plan which was to have Sen Johnson reject his State's electors and present the fake ones to VP Pence, this was a conspiracy that they were all in on concocted by Trump's lawyer Eastman. Once those members I listed signed that letter, they became complicit. Democracy was saved that day by VP Mike Pence because he wouldn't accept their fake electors.
    Those pesky facts get me every time.

forking right.

Their idiotic plan, which had no chance of working, and Cruz's speech is what you think was seditious? Was any of that plan executed?

Their idiotic plan, which had no chance of working, and Cruz's speech is what you think was seditious? Was any of that plan executed?
    Is an attempt to rob someone a crime? Or does the law say you have to succeed?

The ONLY reason the fake electors didn’t work was because Pence refused to go along with it.

Yes, his speech was to to set stage of precedence (weak/and illegal by todays laws) and their justification for introducing their fake electors. As I said before, their plan hinged on the VP and democracy was saved that day by VP Mike Pence because he wouldn't accept their fake electors.

icymi
    Nvmd all of their pre-Jan 6 rhetoric...His speech was just a prelude to part 2 of the plan which was to have Sen Johnson reject his State's electors and present the fake ones to VP Pence, this was a conspiracy that they were all in on concocted by Trump's lawyer Eastman. Once those members I listed signed that letter, they became complicit.

Hell, before they even got to that point, several of the Republican conspirators tried to introduce fake electors to their State Legislators using forged documents bearing State Seals.

1641972556679_n_maddow_fivestates_220111_1920x1080-mpy4ms.jpg

The above are FORGED documents.

So, to answer your question of "was any of it executed"? Nearly all of it was executed and as far as we know without a Supreme Court case, the VP was the single point failure of this plan.

Last edited:
    Yes, his speech was to to set stage of precedence (weak/and illegal by todays laws) and their justification for introducing their fake electors. As I said before, their plan hitched on the VP and democracy was saved that day by VP Mike Pence because he wouldn't accept their fake electors.

icymi

Hell, before they even got to that point, several of the Republican conspirators tried to introduce fake electors to their State Legislators using forged documents bearing State Seals.

1641972556679_n_maddow_fivestates_220111_1920x1080-mpy4ms.jpg

The above are FORGED documents.

So, to answer your question of "was any of it executed"? Nearly all of it was executed and as far as we know without a Supreme Court case, the VP was the single point failure of this plan.
    Okay so their plan was never executed? Why aren't those Republicans charged with Sedition or Treason if they are as guilty as you claim?

Okay so their plan was never executed? Why aren't those Republicans charged with Sedition or Treason if they are as guilty as you claim?
    Is an attempt to rob someone a crime? Or does the law say you have to succeed?

The ONLY reason the fake electors didn’t work was because Pence refused to go along with it.
    Wait for it. Nvmd. There is still one party that is still intent on holding this republic intact. If they were to try hold all of those in Congress accountable for their actions against our government, your side would engage in open rebellion.

You can surely see the forged documents can you not? What part of actually preparing the documents says to you “this plan was never executed”?

Some of those Republicans will be charged. There are some with serious legal exposure here. It takes time.

You can surely see the forged documents can you not? What part of actually preparing the documents says to you “this plan was never executed”?

Some of those Republicans will be charged. There are some with serious legal exposure here. It takes time.
    Good. Charge anyone who committed crimes. Until then, not many people are buying the January 6th narrative unless they get all their news from the corporate media.

Good. Charge anyone who committed crimes. Until then, not many people are buying the January 6th narrative unless they get all their news from the corporate media.
    And yet, the majority of Republican voters buy the fairy tale of a stolen election, even though there is zero evidence to support that belief and overwhelming proof that the election was not stolen.

The "many people" you speak of saw what happened on Jan 6, the media didn't make that up and the "many people" you speak of have seen the work of the Jan 6 House Committee and they call it illegitimate. Perhaps some people refuse to believe anything that goes against what they have been told to believe by their chosen puppet masters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom