Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

No. It’s a destructive protest.

Your view on Jan 6th is just skewed. It’s was an attempt to prevent the peaceful transfer of power from Trump to Biden at the behest of Trump. It was a failed coup attempt. Those involved who entered the Capitol committed sedition.

The Capitol is a secure federal building housing national security intel and elected leaders. A seditious mob never should have been allowed to enter the doors of the building. The shooting should have started once the barricades were beached and the mob tried to enter the exterior doors and windows.

Republicans held hearings on Benghazi and Hillary’s emails. A violent mob of Republican seditionist broke into the national Capitol to overthrow an election and stole items including a computer from the Office of the Speaker. Elected Republicans want to block hearings because it’s bad for their election chances. That entire party is now a national threat.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

No. It’s a destructive protest.

Your view on Jan 6th is just skewed. It’s was an attempt to prevent the peaceful transfer of power from Trump to Biden at the behest of Trump. It was a failed coup attempt. Those involved who entered the Capitol committed sedition.

The Capitol is a secure federal building housing national security intel and elected leaders. A seditious mob never should have been allowed to enter the doors of the building. The shooting should have started once the barricades were beached and the mob tried to enter the exterior doors and windows.

Republicans held hearings on Benghazi and Hillary’s emails. A violent mob of Republican seditionist broke into the national Capitol to overthrow an election and stole items including a computer from the Office of the Speaker. Elected Republicans want to block hearings because it’s bad for their election chances. That entire party is now a national threat.

Drop the mic.

Gladys Sicknick, mother of the officer who died January 7, is visiting R lawmakers today to plead with them to vote for the investigation. She said she just couldn’t remain silent any longer. Officer Fanone was with her. Both officers, Sicknick and Fanone, considered themselves Republican before Jan 6. Officer Sicknick was said to have been a Trump supporter, I don’t know about Officer Fanone. Mrs. Sicknick is hurt and bewildered about why Rs are blocking this bipartisan commission to investigate what happened. Saw it on TV, but I think the reporting is out there.

I find it wild that prior to the 6th, 'ACAB' and "defund the police" and 'cops murder/hunt black men' but now that it fits into the left narrative, certain cops are held as martyrs.
    This is just one example of why I don't trust the left.

I find it wild that prior to the 6th, 'ACAB' and "defund the police" and 'cops murder/hunt black men' but now that it fits into the left narrative, certain cops are held as martyrs.

I don't like it when people are killed unjustly. Whether they be cops or civilians, black or white. That is not a left or right issue. There is no issue of trust here. I am mad that these police and other people died at the Capitol on the 6th just as I am mad about cops shooting black people at a disproportionate rate compared to other races. To me these positions are consistent. I dislike when people are killed and I want those who caused it to be held accountable. The goalpost is firmly in place.

I don't like it when people are killed unjustly. Whether they be cops or civilians, black or white. That is not a left or right issue. There is no issue of trust here. I am mad that these police and other people died at the Capitol on the 6th just as I am mad about cops shooting black people at a disproportionate rate compared to other races. To me these positions are consistent. I dislike when people are killed and I want those who caused it to be held accountable. The goalpost is firmly in place.
    Everything you just said is not true. Unless you equally mad at high blood pressure and cholesterol.

Says the one who said the a cop murdered Ashley Babbitt...

And i find it wild that the right is doing the exact opposite, which is an example of why i don't trust the right. (don't get your panties in a wad, because i don't trust the left either)....

Says the one who said the a cop murdered Ashley Babbitt...

And i find it wild that the right is doing the exact opposite, which is an example of why i don't trust the right. (don't get your panties in a wad, because i don't trust the left either)....
    Well, that seems to be the standard the left has created and we were all told was the end all be all truth. She was unarmed, she was breaking a law and (maybe/maybe not) following verbal commands from the officer and she was shot.
    How is that different from all the other police shootings that touch off riots? Race is about the only real difference I can think of.

Don't worry, I don't trust the republicans much either.

Well, that seems to be the standard the left has created and we were all told was the end all be all truth. She was unarmed, she was breaking a law and (maybe/maybe not) following verbal commands from the officer and she was shot.
    How is that different from all the other police shootings that touch off riots? Race is about the only real difference I can think of.

Don't worry, I don't trust the republicans much either.
    Are you asking how a violent, seditious mob storming the Capitol and overwhelming an outnumbered police force protecting national security interests and retreated until the lives of our leaders were at risk is different than the police actions that led to the deaths of George Floyd or Philando Castile? Really?

Jan 6th isn’t like the protests in Seattle nor these events. You are going to need a better example of similar events.

I find it funny that prior to the 6th, “ALM” and “back the blue” and “just comply” were staples of conservative speech but now that it fits into the right’s narrative cops are viciously attacked and buildings/property destroyed and chants of “fork the blue” were heard, and none of the right want to investigate it at all.

This is just one example of why I don’t trust the right.

Are you asking how a violent, seditious mob storming the Capitol and overwhelming an outnumbered police force protecting national security interests and retreated until the lives of our leaders were at risk is different than the police actions that led to the deaths of George Floyd or Philando Castile? Really?

Jan 6th isn’t like the protests in Seattle nor these events. You are going to need a better example of similar events.
    Oh, I agree. The riots this summer were far, far worse in terms of damage, death and division in our country.

I see no difference between the death of Brooks, the shooting of Blake, the death of Micheal Brown (and many others that touched off riots) and Babbit. All were committing a crime, not following verbal commands (if they were issued with Babbit- not a lot of info has been released) and was unarmed (besides Blake, who had a knife). The only difference is who someone voted for?

Oh, I agree. The riots this summer were far, far worse in terms of damage, death and division in our country.

I see no difference between the death of Brooks, the shooting of Blake, the death of Micheal Brown (and many others that touched off riots) and Babbit. All were committing a crime, not following verbal commands (if they were issued with Babbit- not a lot of info has been released) and was unarmed (besides Blake, who had a knife). The only difference is who someone voted for?

Thanks for the comedy, I needed that. :9:

So according to your logic someone who jaywalks and doesn't stop when called out and gets shot is comparable to someone who is part of a violent mob who tries to force their way into a room to hurt or worse innocent people and who doesn't stop even when called out ? What do you think would have happened to the people in that room - including the police officers if that mob had made it inside ?

I find it wild that after the 6th, you didn’t post a single thing until January 20th, and you didn’t have the guts to even mention the 6th until the end of May.

There is so much to find out about the events of January 6. Republicans who vote against this commission should be hounded out of office as complicit.

I find it wild that after the 6th, you didn’t post a single thing until January 20th, and you didn’t have the guts to even mention the 6th until the end of May.

What is even more wild is a few days back I saw a poll where 72% of the republicans who responded blamed Jan 6th on leftist protestors and only like 25% blamed Trump for it. That is some kind of mind-boggling unreality going on.

So according to your logic someone who jaywalks and doesn't stop when called out and gets shot is comparable to someone who is part of a violent mob who tries to force their way into a room to hurt or worse innocent people and who doesn't stop even when called out ? What do you think would have happened to the people in that room - including the police officers if that mob had made it inside ?
    You guys must have some pretty wild jaywalking laws over in the EU to even attempt to make that comparison. Well done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom