Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

Yeah I honestly expected there to be more to it once I heard about the 34 different charges.

Early but not sure this was a hill to die on.

who is dying on a hill over this case? it was never meant to be the end all be all to all his legal woes. If absolved of any wrong doing here, doesnt factor into other investigations. If NOT absolved, then absolutely can factor in.

Its not a win/win situation for him. It also is a distraction, however "minor" the charges may be.

$47 is an oddly specific amount

The grift never ends

I’m sure they’ll be guilty shirts soon using the exact same photo
    ========================

As Donald Trump headed into a Manhattan courthouse on Tuesday to face criminal charges over hush money payments, his campaign quickly lept into fundraising mode, putting out a commemorative t-shirt featuring a mock-up mugshot of the former president and the words “NOT GUILTY.”

In a message to supporters, the campaign claimed Mr Trump, who pleaded not guilty and was not expected to actually be photographed for a mugshot, was indicted despite “committing no crime” in an attempt to “bleed our campaign dry by dragging us through witch hunt after witch hunt.”

“What better way to PROVE that our campaign will NEVER SURRENDER our country to the Left’s tyranny than countless grassroots patriots proudly wearing their very own “NOT GUILTY” T-shifts,” the message continues, before asking for a $47 donation.

F99128C4-D293-45E1-A27A-D1BB407C0763.jpeg

[...]and he's uncontrollable by people who are used to having backroom power.

To clarify on this point; he was a useful idiot when it came to some policy initiatives, judicial nominations, and other party interests. He'll get on board with anything that helps his personal brand and doesn't hurt his own business holdings. But he's made himself bigger than everybody and everything else. Trump serves Trump, first and foremost. Anybody else who benefits does so residually.

The New York prosecutor who has charged Donald Trump with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records says he brought the case to prevent “normalising criminal conduct.”

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg told reporters after the former president’s historic arraignment in the city on Tuesday that he had a fundamental responsibility to file the case.

“We cannot and will not normalise serious criminal conduct,” Mr Bragg told a news conference.

And he added: “At its core, this case today is one with allegations like so many of our white-collar cases. Allegations that someone lied, again and again, to protect their interests and evade the laws to which we are all held accountable,” he said.

“As this office has done time and time again we today uphold our solemn responsibility to see that everyone stands equal before the law. No amount of money and no amount of power changes that enduring American principle.”…….

The grift never ends

========================

As Donald Trump headed into a Manhattan courthouse on Tuesday to face criminal charges over hush money payments, his campaign quickly lept into fundraising mode, putting out a commemorative t-shirt featuring a mock-up mugshot of the former president and the words “NOT GUILTY.”

In a message to supporters, the campaign claimed Mr Trump, who pleaded not guilty and was not expected to actually be photographed for a mugshot, was indicted despite “committing no crime” in an attempt to “bleed our campaign dry by dragging us through witch hunt after witch hunt.”

“What better way to PROVE that our campaign will NEVER SURRENDER our country to the Left’s tyranny than countless grassroots patriots proudly wearing their very own “NOT GUILTY” T-shifts,” the message continues, before asking for a $47 donation.

It's a nod to his presidential campaign and hopes of becoming the 47th president.

Obviously anything said before the actual charges were announced is irrelevant and immaterial. My observation came AFTER the charges were known.

IDK, anything said 30 minutes after the indictment was unsealed seems irrelevant and immaterial as well, so I don't really see the distinction.

The only thing that's relevant and material is what is said in court during the trial. Also, it's not like the evidence for the crimes that are charged is questionable or flimsy. The statement of facts looks pretty tight. That it's not "surprising" or new isn't really material if the crimes were committed.

IDK, anything said 30 minutes after the indictment was unsealed seems irrelevant and immaterial as well, so I don't really see the distinction.

So there's no difference between before and after the charges are known? That's laughable.

:ROFLMAO:

who is dying on a hill over this case? it was never meant to be the end all be all to all his legal woes. If absolved of any wrong doing here, doesnt factor into other investigations. If NOT absolved, then absolutely can factor in.

Its not a win/win situation for him. It also is a distraction, however "minor" the charges may be.
    Wrong wording there maybe.. just concerned about the optics and how this plays as the lead without them having uncovered and charged him with more serious crimes.

The grift never ends

========================

It's funny that the picture suggests he is almost 6'5", when today he is barely 6' tall. The 45-47 is meant to mean that he is the rightful 46th president, otherwise it would be written 45 & 47 or 45, 47. Check out the crooked L in his name. Crooked like him.

So Jr. has posted a photo of the judge's daughter on Twitter crying because he says she worked for the Biden campaign, based on a Breitbart article...
    What's a little stochastic terrorism these days? Everybody will ignore it until something happens to her.

The indictment has been published -- 34 counts of "falsifying business records in the first degree," with lots of references to check and voucher numbers.
    To save everyone the effort to download the indictment, all 34 counts read essentially like this:

"The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about [a month and day, 2017], with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof, made and caused a false entry in the business records of an enterprise, to wit, an entry in the Detail General Ledger for Donald J. Trump, bearing [voucher or check] number [a number], and [marked as a Trump record or kept and maintained by the Trump Organization]."

There are very slight variations of the above. I wonder why they would be almost duplicate counts, unless each count adds extra penalties, or each has different amounts of supporting evidence, so he may be able to beat some but not others. It seems like this could've been 2 or 3 counts.

To save everyone the effort to download the indictment, all 34 counts read essentially like this:

"The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about [a month and day, 2017], with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof, made and caused a false entry in the business records of an enterprise, to wit, an entry in the Detail General Ledger for Donald J. Trump, bearing [voucher or check] number [a number], and [marked as a Trump record or kept and maintained by the Trump Organization]."

There are very slight variations of the above. I wonder why they would be almost duplicate counts, unless each count adds extra penalties, or each has different amounts of supporting evidence, so he may be able to beat some but not others. It seems like this could've been 2 or 3 counts.

From what I've read is that each time he did that, he broke the law. So doing it 31 separate times brings 31 separate counts.

From what I've read is that each time he did that, he broke the law. So doing it 31 separate times brings 31 separate counts.
    I figured that was the case, but can't they say he did it 31 times, instead of essentially repeating the same thing 31 times? There were a couple of variations, so I can see them saying 10 this way, 10 that way, and 11 the other way.

Wrong wording there maybe.. just concerned about the optics and how this plays as the lead without them having uncovered and charged him with more serious crimes.

I get that concern, but this case is the first of others to come imo and how he acts, reacts etc here will tell you how he will for future indictments.

The optics here aren't going to galvanize independents to his side. Only his core which isn't enough to win the Presidency.

His rally sizes have dwindled, he can't garner the eyeballs he once could. The novelty of Trump is waning save those who are his base. It's not going to get better from here for him.

Rs have to decide quick to either join his stance this is a witchhunt (and if found to indeed have broken laws ) have to explain this ad nauseum. Or go the other way. Lots of decisions to be made soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom