Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

At the arraignment tomorrow Trump will get a Miranda warning. If he does a news conference tomorrow night he will have ignored that warning.

And will have ignored his lawyers, I'm sure they've already told him to shut up. I bet he ignores his lawyers and their warnings.

Yup, this seems like made for teevee drama. Right up Trump's alley. Fwiw, I think Trump secretly wants the whole thing televised. It's the perfect tool to get his base riled up, and opposing cameras is also a ruse to get people to think he's smart, which would be funny as heck.
    Dave it's his lawyers who have asked that there be no cameras in the court room. I doubt if they asked Trump what he wanted.

If there were TV camera's in the courtroom Trump wouldn't be able to not make play for them, and I bet that thought has his lawyers lying awake at night living in terror.

Dave it's his lawyers who have asked that there be no cameras in the court room. I doubt if they asked Trump what he wanted.

If there were TV camera's in the courtroom Trump wouldn't be able to not make play for them, and I bet that thought has his lawyers lying awake at night living in terror.

What should have them lying awake at night in terror is the fact that they are more likely to get jail time than payment for services rendered.

I agree. I also think there is a part of Trump that doesn’t want it televised. Yes, he loves being in front of the camera, but he loves being in front of a camera that he controls.

I think the media needs to start needling him a little, making off-handed comments about how an innocent person would want the world to see how innocent they are.

Caught the tail end of an interview on CNN with one of Trumps lawyers who was pearl clutching about judge shopping and how terrible it is and how it must immediately investigated

Kaitlyn Collins pointed out that Trumps legal team has gone judge shopping in the past including recently in the mar a lago case. (She didn’t mention it but there’s that one right wing judge, Texas maybe, that conservatives try their hardest to get in front of)

The lawyer basically responded with, ‘why you bringing up old shirt? I’m not talking about that case, I’m talking about this case, and in this case it the greatest miscarriage of justice the world has ever seen”

Collins ended by saying she interviewed another one of Trumps attorneys just last week who said this judge would be ‘stern but fair’

He didn’t have anything to say to that

Last edited:
    I may be alone, but I'm already over the media obsession with this case. I get that it's a 1st, but it's not exactly a surprise. The coverage is so over the top and hyperbolic. Nobody needs this much Trump news.

I may be alone, but I'm already over the media obsession with this case. I get that it's a 1st, but it's not exactly a surprise. The coverage is so over the top and hyperbolic. Nobody needs this much Trump news.
    It's causing my blood pressure to increase somewhat. Trump is a toxic man.

I fully support getting justice, but let's not forget history. Trump is every bit the demagogue that Hitler was. He studies Hitler. Hitler was sentenced to 5 years in prison for treason and an attempted coup, and only served 9 months. He wrote Mein Kampf from prison, and found acolytes and built his cult of personality from prison. Trump is trying to follow the same script. The main difference is that Hitler was only 34 when he went to jail, and it took him many years to build his power. Hitler ran for president in 1932, and lost. Fortunately for us time isn't on Trump's side. I think he would lose again in 2024, and by 2028 he would be 83 by the time he took office if he were to win. If Trump is convicted, I hope he remains in jail much longer than Hitler, so that we break the script that Trump is following.

So MTG has been posting her total victimhood from the radical pedo leftists who are assaulting her with their whistles. (not kidding, she wants people arrested for assault for blowing whistles). Truth is somewhat different, lol.

Oh, and just in case you wanted to say there’s no anti-Semitic component or that Trump’s dog whistles don’t speak to anti-Semites:

that Hitler was. He studies Hitler. Hitler was sentenced to 5 years in prison for treason and an attempted coup, and only served 9 months. He wrote Mein Kampf from prison, and found acolytes and built his cult of personality from prison. Trump is trying to follow the same script. The main difference is that Hitler was only 34 when he went to jail, and it took him many years to build his power. Hitler ran for president in 1932, and lost. Fortunately for us time isn't on Trump's side. I think he would lose again in 2024, and by 2028 he would be 83 by the time he took office if he were to win. If Trump is convicted, I hope he remains in jail much longer than Hitler, so that we break the script that Trump is following.

Republicans may love Trump no matter the type of stripes he wears. The Gen pop of America is never going to elect a convicted felon. It would be hilarious if Felon Trump is what leads to criminal justice reforms for felons nation wide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom