Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

Nobody decided the outcome of the case.

:ROFLMAO:
    My fear. This is a weak case. Not that he isn't guilty, but it's just a very minor case.

and it's now a fact that it's a minor case.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a conviction. That could be, if at all, a long way down the road.

Yeah, nobody ... 🤣.

We can keep going back and forth, but you're not going to out petty a gay guy. 😉

Rs have to decide quick to either join his stance this is a witchhunt (and if found to indeed have broken laws ) have to explain this ad nauseum. Or go the other way. Lots of decisions to be made soon.
    It isn't black and white though.

Romney Statement on Indictment Announcement
    SALT LAKE CITY—U.S. Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) today issued the following statement on the indictment of former President Trump:

“I believe President Trump’s character and conduct make him unfit for office. Even so, I believe the New York prosecutor has stretched to reach felony criminal charges in order to fit a political agenda. No one is above the law, not even former presidents, but everyone is entitled to equal treatment under the law. The prosecutor’s overreach sets a dangerous precedent for criminalizing political opponents and damages the public’s faith in our justice system.

“The charges and evidence will be duly considered and the outcome decided by a jury with an obligation to fulfill its responsibility with the utmost care and impartiality. The American voters will ultimately render their own judgment on the former President’s political future

“Finally, it is also incumbent on all elected leaders to discourage violence and anger in response to this situation.”

Yeah, nobody ... 🤣.

We can keep going back and forth, but you're not going to out petty a gay guy. 😉
    Man, you have a reading comprehension problem. Those comments by me didn't DECIDE the case. I merely commented on the case, expressing my fears, now that we know exactly what the charges are.

It's good that Bragg indicted Trump. First, it gets all "THE FIRST" bullshirt out of the way. The other indictments will be easier to bring now. I also think he has the evidence to convict.

Second, I think it's good that the high bar to prosecuting ex-presidents is brought down some. No politicians want to see this because they don't want themselves or their party to be on the receiving end. But someone like Trump, acting with impunity, needs face the music. And that has been incredibly difficult to achieve in our system of government.

Last edited:
    $47 is an oddly specific amount

The grift never ends

I’m sure they’ll be guilty shirts soon using the exact same photo
    ========================

As Donald Trump headed into a Manhattan courthouse on Tuesday to face criminal charges over hush money payments, his campaign quickly lept into fundraising mode, putting out a commemorative t-shirt featuring a mock-up mugshot of the former president and the words “NOT GUILTY.”

In a message to supporters, the campaign claimed Mr Trump, who pleaded not guilty and was not expected to actually be photographed for a mugshot, was indicted despite “committing no crime” in an attempt to “bleed our campaign dry by dragging us through witch hunt after witch hunt.”

“What better way to PROVE that our campaign will NEVER SURRENDER our country to the Left’s tyranny than countless grassroots patriots proudly wearing their very own “NOT GUILTY” T-shifts,” the message continues, before asking for a $47 donation.

F99128C4-D293-45E1-A27A-D1BB407C0763.jpeg
    That’s not his mug shot, plus they made it look like he‘s 6’5”. LOL

Man, you have a reading comprehension problem. Those comments by me didn't DECIDE the case. I merely commented on the case, expressing my fears, now that we know exactly what the charges are.

You decided the case was weak. According to you that's a fact. It seems like your the one who's reading compression is lacking. Our maybe you just don't understand the meaning of the words you use. IDK.

Well, we just found out precisely what the charges are in the last hour or so, so it hasn't been repeated ad nauseam, and it's now a fact that it's a minor case.
    yep...a minor case like
    It isn't black and white though.

Romney Statement on Indictment Announcement
    SALT LAKE CITY—U.S. Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) today issued the following statement on the indictment of former President Trump:

“I believe President Trump’s character and conduct make him unfit for office. Even so, I believe the New York prosecutor has stretched to reach felony criminal charges in order to fit a political agenda. No one is above the law, not even former presidents, but everyone is entitled to equal treatment under the law. The prosecutor’s overreach sets a dangerous precedent for criminalizing political opponents and damages the public’s faith in our justice system.

“The charges and evidence will be duly considered and the outcome decided by a jury with an obligation to fulfill its responsibility with the utmost care and impartiality. The American voters will ultimately render their own judgment on the former President’s political future

“Finally, it is also incumbent on all elected leaders to discourage violence and anger in response to this situation.”
    In all fairness, I don't see how Bragg's action "sets a dangerous precedent for criminalizing political opponents" when he indicted a man who:
    --Stated in his campaign that he would jail his political opponent
    --Directed his attorney general to investigate that same political opponent
    --Directed his attorney general to investigate the federal agents who opened an investigation into him
    --Directed the IRS to audit two individuals in the FBI because they were involved in that investigation of him

The former Gov of Illinois went to prison for doing what Trump has done multiple times. He falsified a business record to get a favorable rate on a loan or something similar. (going from memory here).

It isn’t the most serious case that can be made against Trump, but it simply isn’t true that this a minor unimportant case, or that the case is weak, or that nobody else gets charged with crimes like these.

Also this:

You decided the case was weak. According to you that's a fact. It seems like your the one who's reading compression is lacking. Our maybe you just don't understand the meaning of the words you use. IDK.
    Saying the case is weak is not deciding the case. Is English your first langue?

yep...a minor case like

In all fairness, I don't see how Bragg's action "sets a dangerous precedent for criminalizing political opponents" when he indicted a man who:
    --Stated in his campaign that he would jail his political opponent
    --Directed his attorney general to investigate that same political opponent
    --Directed his attorney general to investigate the federal agents who opened an investigation into him
    --Directed the IRS to audit two individuals in the FBI because they were involved in that investigation of him
    That's between you and Romney. I'm just pointing out that you can be both against Trump and against the charges he's facing.

Saying the case is weak is not deciding the case. Is English your first langue?

Is English my first language? Why would that matter when it's you who has problems with comprehension?

Claiming it's a "fact" that the case is weak is indeed making a definitive judgement about the case. Do you not know what a fact is? Who taught you English and the meaning of words?

Is English my first language? Why would that matter when it's you who has problems with comprehension?

Claiming it's a "fact" that the case is weak is indeed making a definitive judgement about the case. Do you not know what a fact is? Who taught you English and the meaning of words?
    Van Jones "Thin Indictment"

This conversation is clearly over your head.

$47 is an oddly specific amount

The grift never ends

I’m sure they’ll be guilty shirts soon using the exact same photo
    ========================

As Donald Trump headed into a Manhattan courthouse on Tuesday to face criminal charges over hush money payments, his campaign quickly lept into fundraising mode, putting out a commemorative t-shirt featuring a mock-up mugshot of the former president and the words “NOT GUILTY.”

In a message to supporters, the campaign claimed Mr Trump, who pleaded not guilty and was not expected to actually be photographed for a mugshot, was indicted despite “committing no crime” in an attempt to “bleed our campaign dry by dragging us through witch hunt after witch hunt.”

“What better way to PROVE that our campaign will NEVER SURRENDER our country to the Left’s tyranny than countless grassroots patriots proudly wearing their very own “NOT GUILTY” T-shifts,” the message continues, before asking for a $47 donation.

F99128C4-D293-45E1-A27A-D1BB407C0763.jpeg
    2 people gave laughing emojis to the article about Trump sharing his own fake mugshot. I think the Trump "Not Guilty" mock-up mugshot is 1)predictable and 2)typical but not funny.
    His base will eat this stuff up.
    I'm not happy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom