Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

Boy oh boy does the HEAD LIAR spew!
    Thump: I never thought this would happen to a former President who won by more votes in the history of the United State. I AM INNOCENT! (Paraphrased).

How about when you are the most criminally corrupt, narrcacistic, fascist leaning, dictator worshiping sociopath ever to cast a dark shadow upon The White House? :oops:

Last edited:
    No. The Biden story was out first and then hours later the Biden friendly DOJ had to indict Trump to distract from Biden's legal troubles. I was watching Jeopardy on ABC and it was interrupted by ABC News's Special Report on the Trump Federal Indictment news.

THIS is how it will be viewed by half of America. The FBI used to be perceived as not favoring one party or the other. Now it seems to favor the Democratic Party. This is the perception.
    You'll never see the other side because you don't make the same effort to view balanced reporting like I do. I've informed my forum colleagues tonight.
    I've done my part.
    Good night!
    And for any newbees to my posts....
    I am anti Trump.
    I wish for Trump to be held accountable for any and all wrong doings.
    He should never ever be President again.
    Yet Biden and Hunter need a serious microscope placed on them as well.
    Done.
    If you compare the functioning of the Trump Administration to the Biden Administration there is a clear delineation between the two.

Trump epitomizes corruption, anti-democracy, and pro-fascistm he is a power hungry, prodigious liar and mostly filled his Administration and government posts with minions who would push his corrupt agenda, including the Justice Department. I don’t know if you remember but in 2015-16 the Republican leadership hated his guts. Then they slowly turned into reluctant Trump minions themselves when their base chose The Head Liar. Republicans used to lead the charge in the condemnation of Putin and Russia. That was until Thump revealed his love of “strong murderous fascist men” and the backbones of the Republican Party collapsed.

Biden in comparison is a traditional politician who by his actions believes in the standards the country was founded upon. “Oh he’s a liberal” it might be said, but by the standards of today’s GOP our Founding Fathers would be labeled liberals, :unsure:

Regarding classified documents, all the other politicians involved with documents in their possession, including Biden, everyone cooperated. It was stuff they had while functioning in a leadership position. Trump on the other hand, as he was leaving office was intentionally loading boxes of classified documents to haul to Florida for later use, and when called on it, he lied, conspired, and resisted all efforts to retrieve these documents. The man is a seriously mentally ill, crook and sociopath, he does whatever he likes, he either believes his lies, or thinks he’s too smart to be caught In his criminality.

The saddest thing about the Trump affair is that in a sane country, in no way should this psycho have ever been elected to public office. He should have been a laughing stock or viewed as the dangerous threat to the country, but he was elected, and because he is still floating around considered a viable President candidate, I’ll argue we as a Nation, we are in serious jeopardy.

Last edited:
    "CNN This Morning" co-host Phil Mattingly pulled a prominent Republican Party campaign consultant up short on Friday morning after he tried to make a discussion about Donald Trump's 7-count indictment by a Florida grand jury on Thursday night about President Joe Biden's son Hunter.

Appearing with fellow GOP adviser David Urban, Jennings immediately claimed the Trump federal indictment -- that reportedly includes conspiracy, obstruction and Espionage Act violations -- is bad news for the younger Biden before bringing up former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

"If I were Hunter Biden I would be very nervous," Jennings laughed. "The Republican answer to these overnight has been how is it that Donald Trump's the only person that gets -- first of all you have Hunter Biden running around doing stuff, you got Joe Biden documents in the garage, Hillary Clinton bleaching servers. You know, the one guy who is under federal investigation -- I was postulating outside. What if they did indict him today? Would take that off the table?"

"To be clear, all of those things either have been had been investigated or still part are being investigated," Mattingly interjected.

(CNN) — Walt Nauta, an aide to former President Donald Trump, has been indicted in special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation into the mishandling of classified documents from the Trump White House, two sources familiar with the indictment tell CNN.

Nauta’s indictment is the second in the special counsel’s investigation after Trump was indicted on seven counts on Thursday.

An attorney for Nauta declined to comment. Nauta was with Trump at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club this week.

The specific charges against Nauta have not been revealed.

Trump responded to Nauta’s indictment on his social media Friday, writing, “They are trying to destroy his life, like the lives of so many others, hoping that he will say bad things about ‘Trump.’ He is strong, brave, and a Great Patriot. The FBI and DOJ are CORRUPT!”……

If you compare the functioning of the Trump Administration to the Biden Administration there is a clear delineation between the two.

Trump epitomizes corruption, anti-democracy, and pro-fascistm he is a power hungry, prodigious liar and mostly filled his Administration and government posts with minions who would push his corrupt agenda, including the Justice Department. I don’t know if you remember but in 2015-16 the Republican leadership hated his guts. Then they slowly turned into reluctant Trump minions themselves when their base chose The Head Liar. Republicans used to lead the charge in the condemnation of Putin and Russia. That was until Thump revealed his love of “strong murderous fascist men” and the backbones of the Republican Party collapsed.

Biden in comparison is a traditional politician who by his actions believes in the standards the country was founded upon. “Oh he’s a liberal” it might be said, but by the standards of today’s GOP our Founding Fathers would be labeled liberals, :unsure:

Regarding classified documents, all the other politicians involved with documents in their possession, including Biden, everyone cooperated. It was stuff they had while functioning in a leadership position. Trump on the other hand, as he was leaving office was intentionally loading boxes of classified documents into boxes to haul to Florida for later use, and when called on it, he lied, conspired, and resisted all efforts to retrieve these documents. The man is a seriously mentally ill, crook and sociopath, he does whatever he likes, he either believes his lies, or thinks he’s too smart to be caught In his criminality.

The saddest thing about the Trump affair is that in a sane country, in no way should this psycho have ever been elected to public office. He should have been a laughing stock or viewed as the dangerous threat to the country, but he was elected, and because he is still floating around considered a viable President candidate, I’ll argue we as a Nation, we are in serious jeopardy.
    Yup. I agree that Biden and Pence cooperated and it sure seemed like Trump didn't.
    I'm not defending Trump.
    My dislike of/for Trump is well known.
    I heard that the FBI was less than forthcoming in providing the documents that were requested by the congressional committee relating to President Biden.
    I'll be watching with interest to see IF there is any wrong doing re. that (NOT the classified documents thingee found in Delaware)....the alleged bribes thing...the Hunter Biden thing....that thing....I'll be watching to see how THAT unfolds.

One of the most telling features of the GOP reaction Thursday night to Donald Trump’s latest indictment was how almost nobody actually defended him on the substance.

It was a witch hunt. The Justice Department was “weaponized.” We were now a “banana republic.” This was somehow an effort to distract from the Biden investigations. Virtually none of it even gestured in the direction that, as Trump said repeatedly in his video response, he’s an “innocent man.”..........

Which brings us back to the GOP response on Thursday night. It’s the second major development, along with the Mar-a-Lago search in August, after which Republicans immediately leaped to decry federal law enforcement despite all of us knowing little about the full scale of evidence against Trump.

To the extent some did entertain the idea that such a search could be warranted back then, they pointed to the potential presence of highly sensitive documents. Then we learned that such documents were indeed seized.

That gets to why almost no Republicans are talking about the substance.

Any actual defenses are at risk of falling apart thanks to a man who, regardless of his guilt, has demonstrated very little interest in avoiding potential legal pitfalls.

Actually defending Trump means pretending the potential exposure of highly classified information just isn’t that big a deal, which is diametrically opposed to where the GOP was during the Hillary Clinton email server investigation. (Just imagine the right’s reaction if we had tape of Clinton saying, “You see that server over there? Lots of really juicy stuff on it!”).........

One of the most telling features of the GOP reaction Thursday night to Donald Trump’s latest indictment was how almost nobody actually defended him on the substance.

It was a witch hunt. The Justice Department was “weaponized.” We were now a “banana republic.” This was somehow an effort to distract from the Biden investigations. Virtually none of it even gestured in the direction that, as Trump said repeatedly in his video response, he’s an “innocent man.”..........

Which brings us back to the GOP response on Thursday night. It’s the second major development, along with the Mar-a-Lago search in August, after which Republicans immediately leaped to decry federal law enforcement despite all of us knowing little about the full scale of evidence against Trump.

To the extent some did entertain the idea that such a search could be warranted back then, they pointed to the potential presence of highly sensitive documents. Then we learned that such documents were indeed seized.

That gets to why almost no Republicans are talking about the substance.

Any actual defenses are at risk of falling apart thanks to a man who, regardless of his guilt, has demonstrated very little interest in avoiding potential legal pitfalls.

Actually defending Trump means pretending the potential exposure of highly classified information just isn’t that big a deal, which is diametrically opposed to where the GOP was during the Hillary Clinton email server investigation. (Just imagine the right’s reaction if we had tape of Clinton saying, “You see that server over there? Lots of really juicy stuff on it!”).........

I appreciate that @Optimus Prime is 99% of the time "above the fray".
    Keeping focused on the topic.
    Posting relevant and informative material.
    Refraining from face palms , LOL emojis or calling me a "Christian wacko".

Last edited:
    I wish Romney would run. Not that it would make much difference, but I'd vote for him over the current mess of a group.
    Romney has the integrity, that apparently the entire GOP has lost. You have to say it, not just think it for it to count in your favor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom