Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

I will practice what I praised and I'll post something on the topic.
    Topic focused....NOT Steve focused.

I love how vague Tim Scott's response is

Weighted how? In whose favor?

What specific injustices and impurities will you purge?

What about those who view these indictments as confidence in the justice system and not lack thereof?

I thought Scott words to be basically meaningless, they sound good, many people will nod their heads in agreement but meaningless

Last edited:

No Vivek, it's not 2 tiers of justice

It's 2 tiers of action because of two tiers of responses

DOJ: We think you have classified documents. Please give them back

BIDEN: Sorry about that, here you go, please look and see if you find any more

DOJ: Thank you
    ===============

PENCE: Sorry about that, here you go, please look and see if you find any more

===============

TRUMP: FORK YOU!!!!!

DOJ: I do believe you meant to say "I'm about to fork around and find out"

Trump found out

Last edited:
    These Rs lying about the weaponization of the DOJ are damaging our country just as much as those who lied about the stolen election. It’s the same thing.

good read from David Frum
    ===========
    It’s as sincere as the grief at a Mafia funeral.

Who believes that Governor Ron DeSantis—so badly trailing in the polls behind former President Donald Trump—is genuinely upset by his rival’s federal indictment? Or that Speaker Kevin McCarthy—so disgusted by Trump in private—does not inwardly rejoice to see Trump meet justice?

The Fox News talkers have been trying for months to sideline Trump and promote DeSantis. Now they have a turn of events that promises both to help their corporate political agenda and to stoke controversy and ratings. They must be positively ecstatic at the network’s New York headquarters today.

So many in the Republican and conservative world wish Trump off the stage. So few possess the courage or integrity to say so aloud.

Special Counsel Jack Smith now presents them with an opportunity—if they can find their way past a hitherto intractable, and perhaps still unsolvable, problem of collective action.

If you are DeSantis, here’s what you want to see happen:

1. Trump is indicted, prosecuted, convicted, and thereby banished from public life.
    2. You champion Trump every step of the way, acting as his fiercest and loudest ally.
    3. To your pretend regret, your Trump advocacy fails to shield Trump from the law.
    4. Trump is removed from the path to office; you inherit all of Trump’s supporters.
    Kevin McCarthy and the Fox News talkers share similar interests and goals

But here’s the intractable collective-action problem: These plans depend on the non-Trump political actors performing just convincingly enough that their audience is deceived, but not so convincingly that their audience is mobilized to actually do something inconvenient about it. That undesirable something might be some kind of mass protest or even violence. Or possibly it would take the form of conservative voters losing faith in the system and withdrawing from voting and political participation altogether.

The conservative world in the age of Trump has coiled itself into a labyrinth of lies: lies about Trump’s victimhood, lies about Trump’s popularity, lies about Trump’s election outcomes, lies about Trump’s mental acuity and physical strength. The architects of the labyrinth presumed that they could always, if necessary, find an exit—and that their keys could someday turn the exit’s locks. Instead, they have found themselves as lost and trapped in the labyrinth as the deceived people they lured into it.

As a result, they have failed to take each opportunity to escape: the first impeachment, the November 2020 defeat, the January 6 crimes, the second impeachment, the end of the administration, the 2022 wipeout of swing-state election-denying candidates, the first indictment, and now this second indictment.

Along the way, these architects have taught tens of millions of Republican voters and conservative believers to regard the labyrinth of lies as their proper political home. Why escape at all? Escape to where? The ironic outcome of all this is that the deceived followers now block the exits for the deceptive leaders................

We knew it would be bad. Even so, it’s bracing just how bad the evidence laid out by the Justice Department against Donald Trump is.

The indictment against Trump and his personal valet, Walt Nauta, unsealed this afternoon, lays out the federal case against the former president in vivid, shocking, and sometimes even wry detail.

An indictment is not a conviction—it’s a set of allegations by prosecutors, without rebuttal from the defendant. Trump is innocent in court until proven guilty, and has loudly and insistently proclaimed that he is an innocent man.

But the evidence included shows why the case against Trump is so disturbing, and why it will be tough for him to defend. And the crimes it details are among the stupidest imaginable.............

These Rs lying about the weaponization of the DOJ are damaging our country just as much as those who lied about the stolen election. It’s the same thing.

What about those you view these indictments as confidence in the justice system and lack thereof?

I thought Scott words to be basically meaningless

No Vivek, it's not 2 tiers of justice

It's 2 tiers of action because of two tiers of responses

BIDEN: Sorry about that, here you go, please look and see if you find any more

===============

PENCE: Sorry about that, here you go, please look and see if you find any more

===============

DOJ: WE think you have classified documents. Please give them back

TRUMP: FORK YOU!!!!!

DOJ: I do believe you meant to say "I'm about to fork around and find out"

Trump found out

See what I mean by saying the GOP lacks integrity?

ALL OF THEM.

If the ones that has spoken out against trump's actions don't condemn the lies peddled by their cohorts, then they are fully complicit in the spread of LIES. I swear, the last time I've seen anyone in the GOP exhibit any integrity was John McCain in 2008, since then its been a red wave of LIES.

This is both brazen and just oh so stupid. It obviously still needs to be proven in the court of law, but the evidence being laid out shows that Trump knowingly and willingly kept classified documents and showed them (at least partially) to uncleared individuals, and lied about having them and refusing to return them when asked. So, it seems pretty clear he egregiously violated the law here.

BUT, I don't see any evidence that he planned to leak it, sell it or disclose it. He just liked having it and bragging that he had it. It's the most Trumpian thing ever... ego, and the desire to show off, and to insist the rules don't apply to him. How freaking ridiculous is that?

On the one hand, it doesn't seem like something I think someone should go to jail for, but it's also so very brazen and there should be some consequences for it.

What about those you view these indictments as confidence in the justice system and not lack thereof?

I thought Scott words to be basically meaningless, they sound good, many people will nod their heads in agreement but meaningless

If Lady justice can't see, she won't know who has her by the vagina.

UTJ: I would say he had the idea of monetizing it. We are talking about Trump after all. He said that people gave Nixon 18M for his documents in an interview or in a post, I forget. But it has occurred to him that these documents have value.

I read that it seems that he didn’t just grab documents randomly, but that he took those he thought had extra value and/or would be particularly embarrassing to the government if they leaked. We shall see, but my bet is that he planned to monetize them somehow.

Came across the quote:

Last edited:
    Here are a couple of big fat lies: no, Trump does not automatically retain his security clearance. Many ex-pres. request to keep it as a courtesy so they can advise the new POTUS, but Trump made no such request and I’m pretty sure Biden wouldn’t have granted it. So, no, Trump has NO security clearance at all.

Also, his documents created by computers is just gibberish.

Sick liar.

UTJ: I would say he had the idea of monetizing it. We are talking about Trump after all. He said that people gave Nixon 18M for his documents in an interview or in a post, I forget. But it has occurred to him that these documents have value.

I read that it seems that he didn’t just grab documents randomly, but that he took those he thought had extra value and/or would be particularly embarrassing to the government if they leaked. We shall see, but my bet is that he planned to monetize them somehow.

Came across the quote:

Trump was always in this for himself and I think everything he does is with the purpose of somehow reaping personal gain. There might not be evidence that he had yet attempted to profit or otherwise benefit from this information, but I strongly suspect, in his mind, that was very much on the table.

Republicans who are floating the dangerous lie that this indictment is somehow politically motivated are playing their constituents (and everyone who believes their crap) for fools. It’s a really, really stupid theory that falls apart the minute you think about it with any common sense at all:

Not to mention that every single Republican politician throwing around the lies about this were all on board with locking up Hillary Clinton during her campaign. If they could have found any crimes they would have done it in a flat minute. They’re just mad that their guy got caught.

I thought we would learn it was more nefarious than his pure narcissism.
    I wondered why the Government went looking for these documents in the first place, even more so since it was discovered that both Biden & Pence had classified docs in their possession as well. It became clear to me that the Executive Branch were poor record stewards and it made me curious as to why the Intelligence Community was so focused on trump. The IC wasn't even aware of the Pence & Biden docs, but trump? :scratch:

Were they looking for something in particular or was it the interview with the journalist that kicked things off? Then there's this story from 2021:

WASHINGTON — Top American counterintelligence officials warned every C.I.A. station and base around the world last week about troubling numbers of informants recruited from other countries to spy for the United States being captured or killed, people familiar with the matter said.

The message, in an unusual top secret cable, said that the C.I.A.’s counterintelligence mission center had looked at dozens of cases in the last several years involving foreign informants who had been killed, arrested or most likely compromised. Although brief, the cable laid out the specific number of agents executed by rival intelligence agencies — a closely held detail that counterintelligence officials typically do not share in such cables.

:scratch:

Here are a couple of big fat lies: no, Trump does not automatically retain his security clearance. Many ex-pres. request to keep it as a courtesy so they can advise the new POTUS, but Trump made no such request and I’m pretty sure Biden wouldn’t have granted it. So, no, Trump has NO security clearance at all.

Also, his documents created by computers is just gibberish.

Sick liar.

Surprise, surprise...Fox Lies feeding their viewers :poop: which they will gladly eat.

For those who still are buying the garbage being peddled about this:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom