Trump Election Interference / Falsification of Business Records Criminal Trial (Trump guilty on all 34 Counts) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

What will happen now that former President Donald Trump was found guilty (in 34 counts) by the jury?
    Speculation on the judge relating to sentencing?
    Appeals?
    Political Damage?

Actually, he can. He's registered in Florida and if what I heard is true, Florida allows you to vote with a conviction unless you actually served time in jail.

***ETA*** seems MT and I heard similar. I'd go with her.
    🤷‍♀️ Hey, I don’t know for sure either, just saw a post on Twitter.

I really, really wish all these GOP scofflaws would be asked to defend their positions with this kind of argument.

Since Twitter cut it off, here is Favreau’s post:

“In Bragg's first 15 months on the job, the Manhattan DA's office filed 166 felony counts for falsifying business records against 34 defendants from all walks of life.

I haven't heard a single Republican politician explain why they think the law shouldn't apply to Donald Trump.

A grand jury of ordinary Americans decided there was enough "specified criminal conduct" to indict Donald Trump.

Another jury of ordinary Americans decided there was enough evidence to convict Donald Trump - a jury approved by Trump and his lawyers, who were given ample opportunity to present their case, call witnesses, and get their day in court.

Is it the position of Republican politicians that they can only be tried for breaking the law if the charges are brought by Republican DAs, the case is heard by a Republican judge, and the verdict is rendered by a Republican jury?

If so, just be honest and say that.”

Somebody on Twitter already looked it up. According to the FL statute for out of state convictions they go by the state where the conviction took place. And since NY allows felons to vote unless they are incarcerated, he can vote in FL.

Yeah, appears so:

Last edited:
    So much this. Nobody is saying he didn’t do it. They are saying he should get away with it. “Party of Law and Order” - NOT. Never again.

Actually, he can. He's registered in Florida and if what I heard is true, Florida allows you to vote with a conviction unless you actually served time in jail.

***ETA*** seems MT and I heard similar. I'd go with her.

Tunes in July 11th to hear Merchan sentence Trump to 24 hrs in jail. Lol.

Okay this tracks - Trump wants allllll the sucker donor money

Yeah, appears so:

Found this...only if he has completed his sentence and/or paid fines and owes no more money.

In 2016 I was visiting at my father's house, and a Hillary Clinton commercial came on. My father scoffed, "Hillary Clinton, a criminal?"

How ironic.

I have had the same exact conversation with my mother. Somehow, she will be OK with voting for Trump, even though he is a convicted felon.

I'm sure that Hillary is dancing in her underwear ala Risky Business. 🤢
    If it makes her happy, so be it. It's hardly a complete vindication as she got screwed by a FBI director who kept on pushing a idealogically-geared, blinkered investigation he was told to stop pursuing by Obama's then-AG and then his investigation's "findings" came out a few weeks before the 2016 election, sort of throwing the whole "Benghazi, Hillary's emails" scandals back into the news at the worst possible time and Trump received the biggest ramped-up boost and Hillary lost.

I've always viewed Comey as Trump's naive, unwilling "useful idiot" who was discarded, thrown away after Trump realized he really didn't need him even if Comey didn't sign his "loyalty oath" upon taking office. Comey never realized or figured out he'd been Trump's unknowing stooge and the crazy thing is that Trump didnt order or make him do it like some dictatorial imperative--he willingly did it all on his own and then Trump took his mask off, and he had "remorse".

His memoir, A Higher Loyalty and the 2020 miniseries are just attempts by one man to explain his own bad, misguided judgment because, like Andrew McCabe told him in 2015, he thought if he found the truth to Hillary's e-mails, it would make everything all better.

Trump is a newer, more unhinged, modern George Wallace-esque type of populist with some wannabe Nixonian hard man stances. Trump wishes he had Nixon's political guile, genius, and instincts but he's a low-intelligent, impulsive, rash, idiotic, stupid demogagoe who doesn't even have 50% of the population behind now. Hes also a wannabe Mussolini. In reality, MAGA only comprises maybe 30-35% of the electorate, he knows he needs some independents and moderates to surpass 50% and he only needs to win CERTAIN key states, not the actual election polls. If he can win enough of the key swing states, he wins the election. Trump doesn't have the political skill, focus, intellegence to even be a competent, if that's a word I can use here in this context, authoritian demogagoe like Hungary's Orban, Turkey's Erdogan, or Putin.

What concerns me is that their might be a populist-styled politician like Trump out their whose smarter, cunning, saavy who will cut out enough of Trump's insane, inane crazy shirt makes people nervous but still have a hard-lined, uncompromising, illiberal approach to politics. This guy will be a lot smarter, and have a less-initially threatening allure to him that won't make people think he's so dangerous at first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom