Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Brennan77

Reaction score
    I remember telling him that the purpose was to control women, he didn’t see that either. That was after a prosecutor somewhere charged a woman with wrongful death when she lost her pregnancy due to being shot in the stomach during an argument with another woman. I think the charges were eventually dropped, but I think today they wouldn’t be. (the woman who shot her was determined to be defending herself, even though the pregnant one was unarmed). The thinking was that she put herself in that situation so the fetus‘ death was her fault.

This is just totally an attack on women. States are refusing to take guns away from men who threaten their wives or girlfriends, they are allowing women unfortunate enough to have a miscarriage to go untreated until they are in danger of death. They want to control travel. They want to outlaw drugs that are used to treat hemorrhage in menopausal women, and used to make IUD insertion less painful.

Some good news, and from a red state.

As we know, MT is a pretty red state, but they are kind of an outlier. They have their share of gun nuts and gun culture is certainly prevalent. But they also have a ton of vets in the state that don't share a lot of today's so-called conservative culture war BS. They legalized weed a while ago, while it is a pleasant surprise that this happened with regards to woman's rights, it actually doesn't shock me.....

As we know, MT is a pretty red state, but they are kind of an outlier. They have their share of gun nuts and gun culture is certainly prevalent. But they also have a ton of vets in the state that don't share a lot of today's so-called conservative culture war BS. They legalized weed a while ago, while it is a pleasant surprise that this happened with regards to woman's rights, it actually doesn't shock me.....
    That’s great news about Montana. I wonder if abortion may cause Montana to turn purple or even blue?

That’s great news about Montana. I wonder if abortion may cause Montana to turn purple or even blue?

I hope so but I doubt it....My old fly fishing mentor who passed away in 2013 had a similar mindset....An absolute gun nut (though he only had and shot muzzleloaders) but on many social issues he was fairly liberal.....

How can you see this and not realize that Right to Life just wants to punish women and make them suffer? Seriously, why deny a cancer victim an abortion if she wants to immediately start treatment? Why deny a person with a tubal pregnancy, which can be dangerous if they rupture, timely treatment? That pregnancy isn’t viable and will never result in a baby being born. Seriously, WTF? 😡

How can you see this and not realize that Right to Life just wants to punish women and make them suffer? Seriously, why deny a cancer victim an abortion if she wants to immediately start treatment? Why deny a person with a tubal pregnancy, which can be dangerous if they rupture, timely treatment? That pregnancy isn’t viable and will never result in a baby being born. Seriously, WTF? 😡

Well, I mean, when you take their positions to its logical conclusion, this is what you get. It's forked up, but when you put ideology above all else...

Well, I mean, when you take their positions to its logical conclusion, this is what you get. It's forked up, but when you put ideology above all else...
    I’m sorry Dave, there’s nothing logical about denying a woman with a tubal pregnancy timely treatment. Nothing. That pregnancy is doomed - there’s zero reason to punish the woman by delaying her treatment. It’s simply punitive.

Same with cancer. The woman cannot decide how to treat her cancer? That’s simply punitive.

CNN) — North Carolina’s Republican-led General Assembly on Tuesday voted to override a veto from Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper over a bill that would ban most abortions after 12 weeks.

The veto override was completed in a 72-48 vote in the state House after the state Senate voted earlier on Tuesday override the governor. A three-fifths vote in both chambers, where Republicans hold supermajorities, was necessary to override……

^ about the woman turncoat that switched parties and forked over all the people of NC who vote for her

an ex staffer apparently said her decision to switch sides was all because of pettiness

I’m sorry Dave, there’s nothing logical about denying a woman with a tubal pregnancy timely treatment. Nothing. That pregnancy is doomed - there’s zero reason to punish the woman by delaying her treatment. It’s simply punitive.

Same with cancer. The woman cannot decide how to treat her cancer? That’s simply punitive.
    I'm talking about the logic they're using, not actual, legitimate logic. Meaning logic in their own minds.

^ about the woman turncoat that switched parties and forked over all the people of NC who vote for her

an ex staffer apparently said her decision to switch sides was all because of pettiness
    Well, that pettiness is gonna cost the lives of some innocent women before it's all said and done. Blood on her hands.

Well, that pettiness is gonna cost the lives of some innocent women before it's all said and done. Blood on her hands.

That's as much the fault of the voters of North Carolina as it is this traitors fault. They voted for all of those other Republicans to be in office. Nothing good comes from voting for Republicans, just more crap. That's why the South is in such a steep decline. You can't do anything productive or positive when the sole focus of your state is targeting people and fighting imaginary battles.

Above is exactly why I detest organized religion.....when "faith" replaces "logic" folks die unnecessarily....all in the name of Jesus/God.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom