Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Brennan77

Reaction score
Well, that's your opinion. Most normal people don't spend their time weaponizing religion. And most people aren't zealots. But you do you.

It's not just my opinion, if you haven't noticed there are more and more people that are far from "normal" whatever that is.....there are states right now, most obviously FL that are quickly turning into a white nationalist state, all in the name of Christianity.....

I know that you are not a "fake" Christian (and there are plenty of upstanding folks that practice Christianity, and other religions) or whatever folks call them to make themselves feel better about the religion, but there are far too many of them and that number is growing.....

It's not just my opinion, if you haven't noticed there are more and more people that are far from "normal" whatever that is.....there are states right now, most obviously FL that are quickly turning into a white nationalist state, all in the name of Christianity.....

I know that you are not a "fake" Christian (and there are plenty of upstanding folks that practice Christianity, and other religions) or whatever folks call them to make themselves feel better about the religion, but there are far too many of them and that number is growing.....
Are there too many of them? Sure, but they're by no means "normal". They're just louder than everyone else. I'm not convinced those numbers are increasing all that much. They've always been there. The problem is a lot of people get lumped, fair or not, with the bat-sheet crazy ones.

All that said, the normal ones need to speak up and out against those weaponizing religion.

Are there too many of them? Sure, but they're by no means "normal". They're just louder than everyone else. I'm not convinced those numbers are increasing all that much. They've always been there. The problem is a lot of people get lumped, fair or not, with the bat-sheet crazy ones.

All that said, the normal ones need to speak up and out against those weaponizing religion.

Far too few of them do, though, which is exactly why they get lumped in with the lunatics. Anyone not actively working to stop a lunatic is, by default, supporting said lunacy.

Far too few of them do, though, which is exactly why they get lumped in with the lunatics. Anyone not actively working to stop a lunatic is, by default, supporting said lunacy.

Far to many of them also continue to vote and support the crazy lunatics as well. They're not just bystanders, they're actively promoting the lunacy both by not speaking out against it and by voting for it.

And the rebuttal shows that a woman was denied an abortion due to FL's current law which denies abortion after 15 weeks with the same exceptions that the new law has. All the new law does is lower the abortion ban trigger to a time before the fetus is formed. I'm just pointing out that their exception clause is bullshirt because there are already examples of denials of medical care with their previous law. They have essentially banned all abortions because a six week ban gives the mother a few days to make a HUGE decision.
That did not rebut what I said. That pointed out that the woman was denied an abortion when she should not have been.

The law allows for abortions after six weeks if there are fetal heat abnormalities. You said heart abnormalities do not develop in the first six weeks.

This woman being denied an abortion if her child had such abnormalities, thst was wrong. But that denial doesn’t apply to whether or not the law allowing for exceptions after six weeks is flawed because abnormalities don’t develop in the first six weeks.

i wouldn't say most people have weaponized it, but it can't be ignored that a large portion uses it to disguise their hate.

"Love thy like-minded neighbor" is the way most of those "Christians" see it. Their other neighbors aren't with God and therefore represent evil and as such must be defeated by whatever means necessary.

I definitely believe there is a sizeable portion of those on the right who consider themselves to be Christians who believe exactly this.

I am not a religeous person, but i have zero doubt that if Jesus came back today, the conservative Republicans would have a rude awakinging. And i think he probably would be crusified again by them because his views would not fit their narrative.
I've had the general idea of Jesus returning only for those people to find out he's not interested in saving the ones like them who believe they're righteous but have willfully misinterpreted the meaning of all of it.

"Love thy like-minded neighbor" is the way most of those "Christians" see it. Their other neighbors aren't with God and therefore represent evil and as such must be defeated by whatever means necessary.

I definitely believe there is a sizeable portion of those on the right who consider themselves to be Christians who believe exactly this.
Oh there's no doubt a subset of people who think like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom