Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Brennan77

Reaction score
    Republican women trying to save the party from self destruction
    ================

In one state, Republican women filibustered to block a near total abortion ban introduced by their own party. In another, the Republican co-sponsor of a six-week abortion ban subsequently tanked his own bill.

On the federal level, a Republican congresswoman warns that the GOP’s abortion stance could meaning “losing huge” in 2024.

As states continue to bring in tighter restrictions on abortion following the fall of Roe v Wade, internal divisions within the Republican party onthe issue are starting to show.

Divisions most clearly started to show last week in the deep red states of South Carolinaand Nebraska, where Republicans roundly rejected further attempts to curtail abortion rights last week.

In South Carolina on Thursday, all five female senators – three of them Republican – led a filibuster that ultimately blocked a bill which would have banned abortion from conception with very few exceptions……

Man, a woman who loves guns and freedom is in a tough spot these days.

Ladies, you do realize that the choice of political party isn't an irrevocable one, right? Why don't you just switch sides until your Dominionist colleagues stop trying to make you into walking incubators? You can switch back afterwards.

Unless, of course, some RWNJ shoots you.

Google lied? I’m shocked
    ==================

When the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, privacy advocates, including me, raised an alarm that data from smartphones could be used to help prosecute abortions.

Google offered a partial solution: It would proactively delete its trove of location data when people visited “particularly personal” places, including abortion clinics, hospitals and shelters.

Nearly a year later, my investigation reveals Google isn’t doing that in any consistent way. And its response to me shows it isn’t taking accountability.
Misleading the public about data privacy practices is possibly illegal under the authority of the Federal Trade Commission.

Google’s surveillance of our intimate affairs is not only creepy, it’s also a reminder we’ve left critical elements of our civil rights up to the whims of a giant corporation. (Below, I’ve got some steps you can take to limit Google’s surveillance of you.)……

There is a deep visceral distrust, almost a hatred, of women at the core of these bills. It’s been something of a bitter revelation to me, I’m ashamed to say. After the sexual revolution of the sixties, and the equal rights for women movement of the 70s, I sort of assumed that men had conceded that women were people, actual humans with the same type of existence as men. Obviously some men think that way, but it may not even be a majority of them.

I was so wrong.

And they'll delay the investigation/paperwork until it's too late.
    There’s a really good reason most women don’t accuse their rapists. Especially if it’s someone they know, they’re filled with shame and self-loathing for “letting” it happen.

Not to mention girls who are raped by someone they trust. Or women who are abused and afraid to report their rapist.

They hate women. These bills do nothing except punish women.

There’s a really good reason most women don’t accuse their rapists. Especially if it’s someone they know, they’re filled with shame and self-loathing for “letting” it happen.

Not to mention girls who are raped by someone they trust. Or women who are abused and afraid to report their rapist.

They hate women. These bills do nothing except punish women.

That and if he's not convicted and sentenced to a very long term, he'll kill her as soon as he's free...and she knows it.

Many moons ago I told Brennan on the SR board this very thing. Once you define abortion as murder, you must go all the way down the slippery slope until every female of childbearing age is constantly monitored and as soon as they show up pregnant, they're surveilled to make sure they take all their vitamins, exercise (lightly) eat right and think nothing but happy thoughts.

Many moons ago I told Brennan on the SR board this very thing. Once you define abortion as murder, you must go all the way down the slippery slope until every female of childbearing age is constantly monitored and as soon as they show up pregnant, they're surveilled to make sure they take all their vitamins, exercise (lightly) eat right and think nothing but happy thoughts.
    What did he say to that? Could he admit it?

What did he say to that? Could he admit it?

He poohpoohed the idea, said it'd never get that far, that Roe V Wade was established law and even if overturned, there's no way lawmakers would be so blind as to not see the consequences.

What he failed to realize is that they DO see the consequences, they WANT those consequences.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom