Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

Who sent the big flood? Who killed all the innocent first born males in Egypt? Or maybe you don’t know the Bible and that’s fine with me.

If you are against all abortions, that your choice, but it’s definitely not because of God. Because he killed a lot of innocent fetuses, babies and kids!
    Why did he kill all the first born in Egypt? Why did he call down the flood? Why would he do such a thing to Sodom and Gamora?

I am morally against all abortions but as a realist, I understand the need for abortions in a very limited situation. Rape and incest being at the top. However, the frenzied obsession with abortion on the left, as I have said before, has caused a over-correction. Now the states will sort it out for their citizens as designed and I think you will see more of a middle ground in some states, full abortion bans in others and some will have no restrictions on abortion.

For what? I lost track of what thought train we are on in this particular reply. Sorry.

Is there any acceptable reason, in your view, for God to send a flood that kills everyone (save for Noah and his family) when this number would include babies and pregnant women? Surely you believe that murdering a pregnant woman is a crime, right?

No, they are not descendent from God... Yahweh, Jesus, and the holy spirit are one and the same... otherwise, you'll be breaking the 1st and 2nd commandments by praying to Jesus and calling Jesus "God".

Which means, if Yahweh has killed kids and tore apart pregnant women (which the Bible says he has), so did Jesus and the holy spirit.

Can't have your cake and eat it.
    They are one in the same but also different from each other in form and personage. So yes, Jesus and the Holy Spirit came from God. The Father also come from God. Hence the name 'mystery of trinity'. All three are God but only God is God. I admit, the mystery is hard to understand but that is why faith is important.
    All 3 were present when the Son of God, Jesus, was baptized.

Sure you can, if there are 3 layers of cake.

Is there any acceptable reason, in your view, for God to send a flood that kills everyone (save for Noah and his family) when this number would include babies and pregnant women? Surely you believe that murdering a pregnant woman is a crime, right?
    Why would I doubt God? If it happened, he knows more than anyone and I have faith it was justified. Just like if someone loses someone near and dear, you have to have faith there is a greater plan that you cannot even begin to process.

Why would I doubt God? If it happened, he knows more than anyone and I have faith it was justified. Just like if someone loses someone near and dear, you have to have faith there is a greater plan that you cannot even begin to process.

Its responses like this that make me glad I was raised on science fiction versus the fiction of religion.

So you are for killing innocent people at certain times! Pretty sickening if you ask me!

The same result would have happened if God would have taken out Pharaoh instead, but decided to kill all the innocent kids instead. Not a very loving God you follow, if you ask me! And you are not allowed to question it?

Why did he kill all the first born in Egypt? Why did he call down the flood? Why would he do such a thing to Sodom and Gamora?

I am morally against all abortions but as a realist, I understand the need for abortions in a very limited situation. Rape and incest being at the top. However, the frenzied obsession with abortion on the left, as I have said before, has caused a over-correction. Now the states will sort it out for their citizens as designed and I think you will see more of a middle ground in some states, full abortion bans in others and some will have no restrictions on abortion.

And no, it’s not the “left’s” obsession with abortion. That’s just a talking point by the FoX News and OANN propaganda.

If you look at the statistics, abortions have dropped significantly the last 30 years, 2020 was the first year that medical abortions were greater than non-medical abortions.

And there is no over correcting. That’s completely BS. It’s just that the SCOTUS is run by the extreme right, for the first time in a while. And I’m sure you know, actually you probably don’t, that if every state voted like they did in Kansas, if would still be legal everywhere. Maybe not in Mississippi, but that’s about it! But the extreme right knows that and of course won’t allow it!

They are one in the same but also different from each other in form and personage. So yes, Jesus and the Holy Spirit came from God. The Father also come from God. Hence the name 'mystery of trinity'. All three are God but only God is God. I admit, the mystery is hard to understand but that is why faith is important.
    All 3 were present when the Son of God, Jesus, was baptized.
    It is no mystery, and it isn't hard to understand. The holy trinity is the answer to the 1st and 2nd commandments' dilemma.

Sure you can, if there are 3 layers of cake.
    Not clever.

Then how do you know that each and every abortion that has ever happened hasn't also been part of a greater plan? Do you presume to know God's mind?

Then how do you know that each and every abortion that has ever happened hasn't also been part of a greater plan? Do you presume to know God's mind?
    ... and that's where it all falls apart! Of course... I guess the response is those abortions were God's will and Trump's election was God's will and McConnell refusing to fill a Supreme Court seat was God's will and the confirmations of arch-conservatives to flip Roe was God's will and the fact that I'm having pizza tonight is God's will.

... and that's where it all falls apart! Of course... I guess the response is those abortions were God's will and Trump's election was God's will and McConnell refusing to fill a Supreme Court seat was God's will and the confirmations of arch-conservatives to flip Roe was God's will and the fact that I'm having pizza tonight is God's will.

Which then begs the question of free will. Do we have it? If not, what's the point of anything?

Always wondered about the sad fact(terrible actually) that young kids die of cancer every single day. Is God actually not that powerful that he can’t prevent it, or does he actually want them to die?

RW Christians in the U.S. should be familiar with this word: Inshallah.

I completely agree. Pedos and groomers are found on both sides of the political spectrum but only one side is calling out the behavior while the other is trying to find a way to 'remove the stigma' of being sexually attracted to kids. So there is that.

Why do I get lectured all the time about the foundation of my values and thoughts (Christianity) that are based on the founder of that practice while the founders of gender theory get a pass and anyone that questions their values morals and teachings are considered a bigot, transphobe and homophobe?
    Some things deserve a stigma in society and Pedophilia is at the VERY top of the list.
    Nobody on the left is removing any stigma about pedophilia. This is just crazy talk.

Edit: it’s actually worse than crazy talk. It’s part of a deliberate effort to dehumanize people who disagree with the right wing. If the people writing the right wing blogs and Facebook posts, and the R flame throwing politicians can get ordinary people to believe that people they disagree with policy-wise are actually “groomers” and normalizing pedophilia then they can encourage anything (suppressing their votes, even violence) against their political opponents. It’s a well-known path towards political violence and the right wing in America is the one pushing this. It’s dangerous, just like when the right wing pushed the big “communist” scare in the fifties via McCarthyism. This time would appear to be worse, actually. Farb, you are being lied to and used in this vein.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom