Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

Just semi-curious. According to the bible, how many babies(fetuses, babies and kids) would you say God killed? Tough to say the exact number, but in your opinion, approximately how many do you think he killed?
    God by his own hand or by human free will?
    I have no idea. I can't recall Jesus killing a kid or the holy spirit ripping apart pregnant women.

God by his own hand or by human free will?
    I have no idea. I can't recall Jesus killing a kid or the holy spirit ripping apart pregnant women.
    For a "Christian," you sure don't know the Bible.

Genesis 24:25 said:
    24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
    Exodus 12:29 said:
    2 Thus saith the Lord of hosts: ‘I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he lay in wait for him on the way when he came up from Egypt.

3 Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and arse.’”

Numbers 31:15-18 said:
    15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Hosea 13:16 said:
    The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,
    because they have rebelled against their God.
    They will fall by the sword;
    their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
    their pregnant women ripped open.”[a]

Sometimes God has the priest abort the baby:
    Hosea 13:16 said:
    Numbers 5:11-21 said:
    11 Then the Lord said to Moses, 12 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him 13 so that another man has sexual relations with her, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness against her and she has not been caught in the act), 14 and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and he suspects his wife and she is impure—or if he is jealous and suspects her even though she is not impure— 15 then he is to take his wife to the priest. He must also take an offering of a tenth of an ephah[a] of barley flour on her behalf. He must not pour olive oil on it or put incense on it, because it is a grain offering for jealousy, a reminder-offering to draw attention to wrongdoing.

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[b] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

And sometimes, God aborts the fetus himself.
    Hosea 9:14 said:
    “Give them, O LORD–what will You give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.” (Hosea 9:14)

Don't worry. Baby murdering makes God happy:
    Psalms 137:8-9 said:
    Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. (Psalms 137:8-9)

Question, do you think microbiology started by studying sex change on children and asking twin brothers to simulate sex acts on each other? If so, I hope a lot more people would stood up than are standing up now, but they didn't.

The founder is listed on the website for NAMBLA. I strongly caution not going on their website. Or do, and see what the 'theory' is really ushering in. IMO.
    This is just nonsensical “reasoning”. it’s actually devoid of reasoning, IMO.

We just said that guy was an aberration. His works were rebuked by the field. NAMBLA isn’t a right/left thing, nor is pedophilia in general. Gender theory has absolutely nothing to do with pedophilia.

Milo Yabbadabbado (cannot be bothered to remember his last name) was a frequent contributor to Breitbart and is a far right pundit. He has written in praise of man/boy relationships. There are probably more right wing men abusing boys and little girls than left wing.

We could start a list if you want.

This is just nonsensical “reasoning”. it’s actually devoid of reasoning, IMO.

We just said that guy was an aberration. His works were rebuked by the field. NAMBLA isn’t a right/left thing, nor is pedophilia in general. Gender theory has absolutely nothing to do with pedophilia.

Milo Yabbadabbado (cannot be bothered to remember his last name) was a frequent contributor to Breitbart and is a far right pundit. He has written in praise of man/boy relationships. There are probably more right wing men abusing boys and little girls than left wing.

We could start a list if you want.
    You don't consider NAMBLA to not be pedophilia in general? Do you know that NAMBLA is an acronym, can you guess what it stands for?

In you defense of NAMBLA, why should I care what some right winger thinks, did you honestly think that was a counter point? Why the need to defend NAMBLA of all things?
    Great, lets find them all and put them away forever so they can't hurt kids anymore, ever.

You don't consider NAMBLA to not be pedophilia in general? Do you know that NAMBLA is an acronym, can you guess what it stands for?

In you defense of NAMBLA, why should I care what some right winger thinks, did you honestly think that was a counter point? Why the need to defend NAMBLA of all things?
    Great, lets find them all and put them away forever so they can't hurt kids anymore, ever.
    Your reading comprehension is shirtty and I’m getting tired of you putting words I never said in my mouth. I was using NAMBLA as a representation of pedophilia in general and you cannot show me where I defended them in the least. You attempted to use NAMBLA to make some sort of point about gender theory or trans people or something which makes as much sense as using how a toaster works to illustrate gender theory.

You seem to be hyper focused on the left as some sort of source of pedophilia. My point - which is absolutely correct- is that it has no ideology. There’s no “lean” in ideology for pedophiles. You find them in all types of people.

So, by your logic, if we find one person from a field of study is a member of NAMBLA, that must mean the whole field of study is full of pedophiles? This is a really stupid argument.

Why do you think God did that?.

Who sent the big flood? Who killed all the innocent first born males in Egypt? Or maybe you don’t know the Bible and that’s fine with me.

If you are against all abortions, that your choice, but it’s definitely not because of God. Because he killed a lot of innocent fetuses, babies and kids!

Well, both are descendent from God, so yes, it is a trinity!

No, they are not descendent from God... Yahweh, Jesus, and the holy spirit are one and the same... otherwise, you'll be breaking the 1st and 2nd commandments by praying to Jesus and calling Jesus "God".

Which means, if Yahweh has killed kids and tore apart pregnant women (which the Bible says he has), so did Jesus and the holy spirit.

Can't have your cake and eat it.

Sad read
    =========
    With the fall of Roe v. Wade, anti-choice governors have advice for what to do with unwanted children: Give your newborns to the foster care system, and they’ll be adopted.

But if these governors had even the barest understanding of their state’s foster systems, they would know that adoption is not its true purpose.

I’m certain of this because I grew up in the system myself.
One of my earliest memories is of babies crying in my foster parents’ house. I was 7, and these were the first infants I held, the first I changed and fed. Many came without a name, with no known family or idea of who they were.

Los Angeles County had taken me from my mother. Mom had grown up poor, never graduated from high school, was abandoned by my father and had her first schizophrenic break just as I started first grade.

I was placed in a chaotic children’s institution. Eventually, a foster home was found. Babies arrived day and night, so fragile they made me nervous. When they left, I stopped asking where they were taken. No one in the house knew.

I was never adopted — which is true of more than 70 percent of children in care. This is because foster care operates not to encourage adoption but with the opposite goal: to reunite children with their birthparents as soon as safety allows.

Finding a relative or an adoptive family should’ve been the aim in my case, but the system failed at both.

No mother can simply hand her child to a foster care department. If she tries, she’ll be given a lawyer, and her baby will linger in the system while a court decides what to do. In every state, the mother will be billed for the cost of care…….

But no honest discussion about foster care can ignore race. The fact is, the darker a child’s skin, the longer that child will be in care and the less likely the child will be adopted — a crucial point when Latina and Black women, lacking equal access to quality health care and contraception, are disproportionally at risk of unintended pregnancy.

I know this from firsthand experience. After aging out of foster care at 18, I attended college (on a scholarship) and graduated from law school, then led a children’s rights organization and, later, one of California’s largest foster care adoption agencies.

Trying to recruit foster and adoptive parents, I’ll never forget how many were willing to adopt — but only if the child was White or Asian…….

Comment from same article
    ====================

…….A few statistics and then I need to quit this thread - I don't need the reminders.

The life expectancy of someone who has been involved in the foster care system is on average ten years shorter than normal.

The percentage of the general population with a four-year degree is about 45 percent. The percentage of the foster child population with a four-year degree is about 2 percent.

The percentage of the general population who winds up in prison in the US is under one percent. The percentage of the foster child population who winds up in prison is about 15 percent.

The percentage of the general population who has an adult police record is about 20 percent. The percentage of the foster child population is about 80 percent (all foster children have a juvenile police record, it is part of being in the system).

On average, the foster child population is ten years behind in life compared to their general population cohorts.

Don't tell me "Well, it can't be this bad." It is. I was there……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom