Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

No, I don't think so. Federalism was part of the system of representative government the framers established that simply outlined the sharing of power between federal, state, and local authorities.

Doctrinaire states' rights ideology is not about federalism, nor is it about states' rights, but the issue that is being debated within the context of those ideological debates.

My only point was that defenders of slavery, institutional racism, etc. have often referenced "states rights" when in fact, the debate is not about states rights at all.
    There are several 'right' that are given to the federal government, they are all written down. Everything else was left up to the states themselves. When the federal government overreaches and claims one of those 'rights' to be governed by the state and the state or citizens pushes back, that is not your definition of 'states rights'?
    Can I ask why, because it seems you are just throwing shade on the saying itself because of what southern democrats have used it in the past.

It may be, but in the U.S., it is definitely based on religion. To say otherwise is disingenuous at best.
    I would agree to a point. The left view that any and all opposition is based on religion is false. While I will admit that most of the pro-life movement is made up of the religious or spiritual there are others and world wide that are not religious but still hold that abortion for convenience is wrong.
    There is a moral argument against abortion that stand alone from religion.

Not only that, but you are willing to just throw away an entire field of study because one man was warped, and did something terrible. Yet, you don’t seem to have the urge to get rid of the Catholic Church after decades of ignoring and enabling pedophilia. Funny how that works, isn’t it?

You are a complete caricature.
    LOL. The old tired 'Catholics are bad and diddle kids' attack. Last I checked, Catholics have not made a push to ban the use of 'groomers' on social media. But, yeah, lets ignore all that. I also remember you are huge supporter of the teachers union and public schools, funny how that works.
    When have I ever said I don't want to get rid of groomer priests, clergy and laypeople? If that brings down the whole church and causes it to be reborn, I am 100% for that. To be honest, the church as it stands, needs a severe house cleaning.

Now you have to prove that this a viable and real field of study? What is the goal of this field study? To placate the mentally ill for the sake of money or to actually treat the mentally ill?

LOL. The old tired 'Catholics are bad and diddle kids' attack. Last I checked, Catholics have not made a push to ban the use of 'groomers' on social media. But, yeah, lets ignore all that. I also remember you are huge supporter of the teachers union and public schools, funny how that works.
    When have I ever said I don't want to get rid of groomer priests, clergy and laypeople? If that brings down the whole church and causes it to be reborn, I am 100% for that. To be honest, the church as it stands, needs a severe house cleaning.

Now you have to prove that this a viable and real field of study? What is the goal of this field study? To placate the mentally ill for the sake of money or to actually treat the mentally ill?
    Yes I’m a staunch supporter of public education. It’s a deeply rooted American tradition going way back. I don’t recall saying much about teachers unions, but I am generally pro-union as I think it gives the “little guy” a needed voice against big business. That’s not to say there are some bad unions because there have been.

I don’t have to prove anything to you. But what I will say is that to believe, as you seem to, that everyone who isn’t just like you is evil and a monster has to be a miserable way to go through life. Most people are just normal folks. They are not all out to persecute you and people like you. They basically just want to live their lives and raise their family like you do. If you would let them and quit fantasizing that they’re cartoonish villains that would help a great deal to curb the nonsense in this country right now.

Contrary to your beliefs, LBGTQ people wanting to have the occasional parade or festival doesn’t hurt you, lol. They have a right to exist.

People who go into education are mostly really good people who do their jobs because they enjoy helping young people learn. Lord knows it’s not for the money or the respect.

Gender studies is still in its infancy. I can only imagine what people like you said about the field of microbiology when it first started. Or genetics in general.

If they deny it, then how do you know what is in their hearts? I've already demonstrated that opposition to abortion doesn't need to be based in religio
    There are several 'right' that are given to the federal government, they are all written down. Everything else was left up to the states themselves. When the federal government overreaches and claims one of those 'rights' to be governed by the state and the state or citizens pushes back, that is not your definition of 'states rights'?
    Can I ask why, because it seems you are just throwing shade on the saying itself because of what southern democrats have used it in the past.
    No.

States do not have rights. States have powers which may not have been enumerated in the constitution. Only humans have rights. The 10th amendment says “powers” which is not the same as rights. This is not quibbling over minutia.

I would agree to a point. The left view that any and all opposition is based on religion is false. While I will admit that most of the pro-life movement is made up of the religious or spiritual there are others and world wide that are not religious but still hold that abortion for convenience is wrong.
    There is a moral argument against abortion that stand alone from religion.
    A non-religious argument would be the exception to the rule. It may be that not all people opposed to abortion are religious, but the anti-abortion argument is overwhelmingly a religious argument. But if you want to point out to the 3 non-religious people who oppose abortion and say "see? it's not all religion", feel free to do so.

So we as a society should not incarcerate anyone for any crime since their free will was given by god?

Also, when the left tries to use the religious aspect to debate abortion, it just makes you look silly.

It is evil to kill a baby because of your own actions and free will.

Just semi-curious. According to the bible, how many babies(fetuses, babies and kids) would you say God killed? Tough to say the exact number, but in your opinion, approximately how many do you think he killed?

Who said trans people don't exist?
    You believe trans people exist.

Do you believe being trans is a choice? Why would someone choose to be trans?

If you don't believe being trans is a choice, then at what age do you believe someone becomes trans?

What age did you know you were a boy?

If you believe trans people exist, can't think of any reasons why a person would choose to be trans, and you knew you were a boy at around the age of three or so, then one can assume that trans people can believe they are a wrongly assigned gender at an extremely early age, because they were born that way.

And so if someone has been adamant since they were three years old that they have been assigned the wrong gender, we can assume that probably by the time they're 13 or so, that what they're saying is accurate, and steps can be done to safely prevent breasts from growing. THAT'S WHAT PUBERTY BLOCKERS ARE FOR.

That way, we don't have to have mastectomies on 13-year-olds. And if, somehow at 16 the boy decides he was a girl all along, you stop taking the puberty blockers and boom - breasts are back.

So I assume, since you want to prevent mastectomies on 13-year-olds, that you are now in favor of puberty blockers?

Biden's illegal and dictatorial executive order didn't apply to kids. It applied to grown adult citizens who were not employed in the medical profession. That's new, and was declared unconstitutional. I don't know why people can't seem to understand that distinction.

But even if we stipulate that a vaccine mandate is needed because it could affect other people's lives, then if people believe an abortion also affects other people's lives (ie the fetus), then a ban would be logically consistent. I get that not everyone does believe this, and that's the heart of the matter. Who does get to decide?

Ultimately the people decide these things, and should decide, either by direct democracy as in Kansas, or through their elected legislators. That's the system and while it's messy it tends to get the best outcomes over enough time.

Maybe so, but the Republicans know that if the people in each state were to vote on the abortion issue, there would probably only be 2-3 states that would eliminate abortion rights. If the lawmakers REALLY cared about what the people wanted, they would let individual states vote. However, we know that they wouldn’t allow that!

Kansas voted for Trump in the last election, but we know what happened when they went to the polls a few weeks ago. And it wasn’t even close!

A person running for governor

Rabbi Avraham Kagan, director of government affairs for Lubavitch Chabad of Illinois, disputed Bailey’s characterization of the conversation, telling Forward that the organization does not share the senator’s views.

“We don’t know who he met with, and his comments do not reflect our position,” he said.

Maybe so, but the Republicans know that if the people in each state were to vote on the abortion issue, there would probably only be 2-3 states that would eliminate abortion rights. If the lawmakers REALLY cared about what the people wanted, they would let individual states vote. However, we know that they wouldn’t allow that!

Kansas voted for Trump in the last election, but we know what happened when they went to the polls a few weeks ago. And it wasn’t even close!
    He’s not right. There were always exceptions to the vaccine mandates. And I don’t think there would be an abortion ban in any states if they let the people decide. All of that is just blowing smoke because in the US fundamental rights shouldn’t depend on what state you live in.

Just semi-curious. According to the bible, how many babies(fetuses, babies and kids) would you say God killed? Tough to say the exact number, but in your opinion, approximately how many do you think he killed?

Well... :hihi:

The biggest genocidal event in the Bible is the great flood, which killed, by drowning, every man, woman (pregnant or otherwise) , and child on the planet but for 8 people; it also killed every puppy, kitten, chick, cub, calf, colt, etc. on the planet, so there is that too.

According to Answers in Genesis, whose founders include Ken Ham, the guy who built the ark museum in KY, the population prior to the flood was anywhere between 750 million and 4 billion. Let's take the lowest estimate, 750 million.

Current percentages according to government stats are that about 20% of the population is under 17 years old... we can spitball population 10 and under at around 10% of the population. So an estimated 75,000,000 children 10 and under were killed by drowning.

We cannot begin to estimate how many puppies and kittens where drowned.

At least with the Canaanites, they kept the preteen virgins.

Last edited:
    Well... :hihi:

The biggest genocidal event in the Bible is the great flood, which killed, by drowning, every man, woman (pregnant or otherwise) , and child on the planet but for 8 people; it also killed every puppy, kitten, chick, cub, calf, colt, etc. on the planet, so there is that too.

According to Answers in Genesis, whose founders include Ken Ham, the guy who built the ark museum in KT, the population prior to the flood was anywhere between 750 million and 4 billion. Let's take the lowest estimate, 750 million.

Current percentages according to government stats are that about 20% of the population is under 17 years old... we can spitball population 10 and under at around 10% of the population. So an estimated 75,000,000 children 10 and under were killed by drowning.

We cannot begin to estimate how many puppies and kittens where drowned.

At least with the Canaanites, they kept the preteen virgins.

But he still seems like a nice guy…….

But he still seems like a nice guy…….

The kind of guy you can sit and have a beer with. Provided, of course, that you're Satan and you are having the beer while making a bet over how much God can torture a guy just to prove his loyalty.

Gender studies is still in its infancy. I can only imagine what people like you said about the field of microbiology when it first started. Or genetics in general.
    Question, do you think microbiology started by studying sex change on children and asking twin brothers to simulate sex acts on each other? If so, I hope a lot more people would stood up than are standing up now, but they didn't.

The founder is listed on the website for NAMBLA. I strongly caution not going on their website. Or do, and see what the 'theory' is really ushering in. IMO.

A non-religious argument would be the exception to the rule. It may be that not all people opposed to abortion are religious, but the anti-abortion argument is overwhelmingly a religious argument. But if you want to point out to the 3 non-religious people who oppose abortion and say "see? it's not all religion", feel free to do so.
    If I remember correctly, you don't believe in the right to life, correct?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom