Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

What do you think is more responsible and mature, an abortion because a pregnancy would be inconvenient or practicing safe sex including abstinence and having self control?
    It doesn’t matter what you or I think about what someone else decides to do with their own body. It’s not our place to judge them or dictate their actions to them. Why is it so hard for you to get this?

Really? What laws that on the federal level do you think should be moved back to the states? I would bet zero. Hence, you want big government
    Let me give you a clue - state government is, in fact, government. It doesn’t matter whether the big government is state or federal, the result is the same. And you want government to control women. You want to deny women their free will given to them by God. Therefore you don’t think women deserve what God has given to everyone.

This young woman has been dunking on pedo MODOK aka matt 'flounder' gaetz all week after he insulted her appearance. I donated to her cause to help women needing access to abortion care. She has a very bright future...

Last edited:
    Look, Farb, when the AMA warns doctors about subscribing a drug for a specific malady, it isn't the same, at all, as a pharmacist not filling a prescription for religious reasons.

Last edited:
    My R state senator has broken with his party over abortion. He has come out publicly to say that the bans being considered by state legislatures are wrong, and government should stay out of private decisions made by women. He called these laws “an attack on women”. This is a religious, self-described pro-life man. I wrote him a quick email thanking him for his courage. I just hope there are more like him than the authoritarians who want to legislate religious beliefs on all women.

Look, Farb, when the AMA warns doctors about subscribing a drug for a specific malady, it isn't the same, at all, as a pharmacist not filling a prescription for religious reasons.
    And when the manufacturers of that drug (who would benefit from the windfall) also say that the drug is meant for that malady and doesn’t work for that malady

Really? What laws that on the federal level do you think should be moved back to the states? I would bet zero. Hence, you want big government

Maybe they should send abortion to the city/town level.

That would be the best place, right? Let the cities/towns decide for themselves.

Wait, what? This is how you respond? Monkey pox? STDs? Last I checked, you don't need to be having sex with anyone to contract any of this. But I guess this is your gaslighting off of the thread topic on abortion, which goes to your second "point." What government money is going towards abortions. The Hyde Amendment has prevented that since 1976, except to save the life of the mother or in cases of rape or incest. But I guess you're in the no exceptions whatsoever crowd.
    Yes, that is my response. You guys love the WHO, do you think they are gaslighting too?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/27/mon...n-limit-sexual-partners-to-reduce-spread.html

Speaking of responses, you never answered my question. Do you think anyone should receive communion? (we were discussing how silly it was to have man made rules not based solely in scripture, FYI).

If you actually think Hyde prevented taxpayer money from aiding in abortion through planned parenthood then I have give you far too much credit.

I am curious on your response about the Eucharist though....

That's all that matters. Keep trying aiming for your better self.

If they have been baptized, sure.

Absolutely.

Yes.

What do those questions have to do with you hating women and not practicing the teachings of your religion?
    About the same thing as you hating minorities and practicing the teaching of your religion.

Are you really sure your catholic? I don't believe you.

No, it’s not the “lefts” reaction, it’s medical evidence. It doesn’t matter how many stupid YouTube videos you see by quacks, there is no, zero, medical evidence that either of the two drugs that you guys like to tout actually works. None. Zero.
    Neither did the vaccines that you all wanted forced on those that did not want it.

Your reading comprehension is either terrible or you do it on purpose. What the pope said was that God gave everyone free will, and nations shouldn’t be putting religious beliefs into their laws.
    So by your logic, that applies to abortion. The Pope supports laws in countries that allow the murder of an innocent child.
    Granted, my comprehension might be suspect, but your ability to think rationally and not emotionally is on full display.

It doesn’t matter what you or I think about what someone else decides to do with their own body. It’s not our place to judge them or dictate their actions to them. Why is it so hard for you to get this?
    Obviously it does because here we are arguing about what you think is right vs what I think is right.
    Again, and I know it is difficult to imagine something in this life that is not dictated on the belief that yourself is the most important thing in the world, the religion of self if you will, but it has zero, nothing, not one thing, to do with you and your 'body' it is about the right for an innocent human being to live.

Let me give you a clue - state government is, in fact, government. It doesn’t matter whether the big government is state or federal, the result is the same. And you want government to control women. You want to deny women their free will given to them by God. Therefore you don’t think women deserve what God has given to everyone.
    I think everyone should be free to exercise the god given will of life. You don't. You think a selfish person should be free to kill an innocent life because they could not be responsible enough to not get pregnant, you know, that exercising that free will that you love so much to not have sex or use birth control.

Maybe they should send abortion to the city/town level.

That would be the best place, right? Let the cities/towns decide for themselves.
    I would maybe be for that but I think that would be sloppy much like dry counties but you and I are on the right path.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom