Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

Those are decisions based on strong medical evidence - not the pharmacists personal religious beliefs. What don’t you get about this?
    The evidence that Trump and Rogan mentioned it? The lefts reaction to this drug was entirely political. What do you not get about this?

From a Catholic perspective, will this move the needle? Isn’t the pope infallible? Shouldn’t faithful Catholics quit supporting laws banning abortion?
    Wait, the Pope and the Catholic church is for abortion? I missed that one.

more complete gaslighting. You, especially, don’t get to say a damn word about big government. Not one damn word. Not one.
    Really? What laws that on the federal level do you think should be moved back to the states? I would bet zero. Hence, you want big government

The pope is against nations codifying religious beliefs into laws. He says God has given all of us “free will”

“In a homily on Thursday (July 28) for clergy and church members gathered at the Cathedral of Notre Dame, the pope also criticized those who would impose the church’s beliefs on the public square.

“God does not want us to be slaves, but sons and daughters,” Francis said. “He does not want to make decisions for us, or oppress us with a sacral power, exercised in a world governed by religious laws. No! He created us to be free, and he asks us to be mature and responsible persons in life and in society.””
    What do you think is more responsible and mature, an abortion because a pregnancy would be inconvenient or practicing safe sex including abstinence and having self control?

I do have a say. My say just ended federal abortion. My vote was my 'say'. See how that works. Politicians chose to spend my money, that I was forced to give them, on something I am morally against. I voted for politicians to to cancel out their vote and you can see the fruits of it now.
    It is almost how a federal democracy was designed to work.

I agree with you. In fact, you are literally paraphrasing the post you are quoting. I was just pushing back against the notion that the money is yours once it's been collected for tax purposes.

I love being lectured by an atheist on my religious beliefs. Do you think 'Gods law' includes killing babies because the mother wants to attend college?
    You seem to be getting the commandments and beatitudes confused and you seemed to ignore a few that I personally like. For example, the one about righteousness, those that mourn and those that are pure in heart. Give those a gander.
    Do you actually compare a bullet killing a terrorist or a criminal to the killing of a defenseless child in a womb? I think you think you made a point there, I guess you did, but just not the one you think you did. You actually showed how warped you are by comparing warfare to the killing of an innocent life.
    So you will have to pardon me when you attempt to lecture on moral grounds in the future and I just dismiss it out of hand.
    I'm Catholic Farb and have been so for 52 years....38 years if we are working back to confirmation.... so you're actually being lectured to by someone who knows how you should be practicing your faith but sees that you don't actually follow the tenants of your own religion.

Oh, and the last time I checked, there were no exceptions made for killing terrorists or criminals by Jesus. So yeah, in the eyes of the religion you supposedly practice, there is no difference between killing a "terrorist" or criminal and ending a pregnancy via a legal medical procedure. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. You must be one of those uneducated Catholics that think they know but actually don't have a clue.

I'm pretty sure that I know atheist that are better Catholics than yourself.

Last edited:
    Why is it our business what they do in their bedrooms be it abstinence or having an orgy?

Because he wants the government to legislate everybody's private life that he considers immoral. Not his private life, mine you, just everybody else's. That's his definition of "small government".

Do you know any doctors that will perscribe draino? If you do, find a new doctor.

You just said originally this did not happen, but now that you see it, you just dismiss it. Typical. And, that is exactly what that guy was doing, refusing to fill an RX due to his 'religious' belief based on the media coverage of Rogan and Trump.
    It is not like the medical community has lied to us before or been caught up in a religious movement that was against their Hippocratic oath.
    Where did I say it didn't happen?

Why is it our business what they do in their bedrooms be it abstinence or having an orgy?
    One will get you monkey pox, STDs, pregnancies, and this is what we are discussing. If you ask me to to support the government giving tax payer money for abortions, it is wrong for me to ask that you first behave a like an adult and practice a little self control? If not, you are on your own. You can do what you like in your bedroom but if you animalistic actions has effects on the rest of us, is it not the place of society to restrict it for the good of the others? See the beloved china virus restrictions that you all championed for 2 years.

I'm Catholic Farb and have been so for 52 years....38 years if we are working back to confirmation.... so you're actually being lectured to by someone who knows how you should be practicing your faith but sees that you don't actually follow the tenants of your own religion.

Oh, and the last time I checked, there were no exceptions made for killing terrorists or criminals by Jesus. So yeah, in the eyes of the religion you supposedly practice, there is no difference between killing a "terrorist" or criminal and ending a pregnancy via a legal medical procedure. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. You must be one of those uneducated Catholics that think they know but actually don't have a clue.

I'm pretty sure that I know atheist that are better Catholics than yourself.
    Sure you are and do. I know a lot of people better than me in my religion. Yep, even some atheists so you are correct there. I am a horrible Catholic but I do try.

Do you think anyone can receive communion? Do you believe in the sacrament of reconciliation and that sacrament directly ties to the ability to receive the Eucharist?

Because he wants the government to legislate everybody's private life that he considers immoral. Not his private life, mine you, just everybody else's. That's his definition of "small government".
    Small means small. No reason to change that definition too just to fit your political ideology as per usual by the left.

https://www.wlrn.org/news/2022-07-2...get-sterilized-and-some-are-being-turned-away
    More adults in their 20s and 30s without children are coming to the hospital for sterilization consultations, says Dr. Marilee Simons, an OB-GYN at Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital in Montana.

Many are women who already use long-term birth control options, but "they are still worried about an unintended pregnancy and what that might mean in the future," she says.

Most are asking to have their tubes removed to permanently prevent pregnancy. A smaller number of people are asking for hysterectomies, which surgically remove part or all of the uterus. To meet demand, Bozeman Deaconess has dedicated at least one provider to work with these patients multiple days a week.

But some people seeking sterilization procedures across the U.S. are being turned away.

Arora says patients who don't have children and are in their childbearing years are reporting difficulties finding physicians willing to sterilize them. Their reluctance may stem from studies that suggest patients who are sterilized at age 30 or younger are about twice as likely as those over 30 to express regret after getting the procedure. However, other studies had mixed results and found that some women feel less regret over time.

I do find it comical that the medical industry will turn away some 20 and 30 year olds from sterilization but are completely on board cutting off healthy breasts of a teenage for the sake of the trans movement. Even the medical profession is a political organization at this point.

One will get you monkey pox, STDs, pregnancies, and this is what we are discussing. If you ask me to to support the government giving tax payer money for abortions, it is wrong for me to ask that you first behave a like an adult and practice a little self control? If not, you are on your own. You can do what you like in your bedroom but if you animalistic actions has effects on the rest of us, is it not the place of society to restrict it for the good of the others? See the beloved china virus restrictions that you all championed for 2 years.
    Wait, what? This is how you respond? Monkey pox? STDs? Last I checked, you don't need to be having sex with anyone to contract any of this. But I guess this is your gaslighting off of the thread topic on abortion, which goes to your second "point." What government money is going towards abortions. The Hyde Amendment has prevented that since 1976, except to save the life of the mother or in cases of rape or incest. But I guess you're in the no exceptions whatsoever crowd.

Last edited:
    but I do try.
    That's all that matters. Keep trying aiming for your better self.
    Do you think anyone can receive communion?
    If they have been baptized, sure.
    Do you believe in the sacrament of reconciliation
    Absolutely.
    and that sacrament directly ties to the ability to receive the Eucharist?
    Yes.

What do those questions have to do with you hating women and not practicing the teachings of your religion?

The evidence that Trump and Rogan mentioned it? The lefts reaction to this drug was entirely political. What do you not get about this?
    No, it’s not the “lefts” reaction, it’s medical evidence. It doesn’t matter how many stupid YouTube videos you see by quacks, there is no, zero, medical evidence that either of the two drugs that you guys like to tout actually works. None. Zero.

Wait, the Pope and the Catholic church is for abortion? I missed that one.
    Your reading comprehension is either terrible or you do it on purpose. What the pope said was that God gave everyone free will, and nations shouldn’t be putting religious beliefs into their laws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom